Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

In a fit of unusual optimism, and if the lifting of restrictions proceeds I wonder what the chances of a limited number being allowed go to see final are?

Following on that, and if they were to allow 5,000 attend as seems to be way Brits are headed and as is practise for soccer and rugby in France and elsewhere, how would they decide on allocation?

Would we PP holders and ST holders be in a limited draw?

(I would trust that if the above scenario does transpire, that no-one outside of participating counties gets a shot at a ticket. And yes, that includes none for TDs etc, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭celt262

Bonniedog wrote: »
    In a fit of unusual optimism, and if the lifting of restrictions proceeds I wonder what the chances of a limited number being allowed go to see final are?

Following on that, and if they were to allow 5,000 attend as seems to be way Brits are headed and as is practise for soccer and rugby in France and elsewhere, how would they decide on allocation?

(I would trust that if the above scenario does transpire, that no-one outside of participating counties gets a shot at a ticket. And yes, that includes none for TDs etc, etc.)

I don't think Cavan would be on for given any of there share of All-Ireland final tickets to PP holders.

They wouldn't be getting any if it is confined to the two counties taking part :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

They wouldn't be getting any if it is confined to the two counties taking part :-)

parksandrec-shock-chrispratt-gif

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Yous won't have to worry about the final anyway lads. Yer season ends Saturday week ;)

• Advertisement

Even if Dublin did lose, I'm sure the Supreme Court would eventually overturn the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Even if Dublin did lose, I'm sure the Supreme Court would eventually overturn the decision.

Money talks sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Money talks sure!

Not a hope lads....remember it is Cavan that Dublin are playing...

They would hardly pay the petrol to the Courts never mind bring a case.

I suspect the talk of moving the game to Navan is also a financial consideration. Cavan is much nearer to Navan. More petrol saved! :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭celt262

Not a hope lads....remember it is Cavan that Dublin are playing...

They would hardly pay the petrol to the Courts never mind bring a case.

I suspect the talk of moving the game to Navan is also a financial consideration. Cavan is much nearer to Navan. More petrol saved! :D

That's true wouldnt be privileged enough to get free cars.

celt262 wrote: »
    That's true wouldnt be privileged enough to get free cars.

Well played ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The stars are aligning over Drumcondra. Costelloes red card overturned tonight.

I think I just felt an aftershock of Kevin McStay exploding.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Fann Linn wrote: »

That's gonna trigger a lot of people. You love to see it. Someone put up a popcorn gif.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Fann Linn wrote: »

Apparently overturned after the linesman admitted he was actually a f****ing p***k

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Happy enough to see that card overturned. I got annihilated on the match thread when I said the linesman maybe needed to toughen up. Granted, poor choice of words. Thicker skin required by him maybe. Potentially ruining a lads year for that.

Spose we will never know what actually happened. Never a red card though in the heat of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

I'd say they believed him that he was mouthing to the Meath player and not the linesman.

Money talks sure!

And we have loads of it

Slattsy wrote: »
    That's gonna trigger a lot of people. You love to see it. Someone put up a popcorn gif.

Is it not time to reclaim Keane's Christian Bale gif. He hasn't needed it this year.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Happy enough to see that card overturned. I got annihilated on the match thread when I said the linesman maybe needed to toughen up. Granted, poor choice of words. Thicker skin required by him maybe. Potentially ruining a lads year for that.

Spose we will never know what actually happened. Never a red card though in the heat of a match.

If you keep going on like the you'll be banned from heading SW after lockdown .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

If you keep going on like the you'll be banned from heading SW after lockdown .

Funnily enough, I was chatting to my brother today about the Dubs. He made the point that he was happy we stayed on for the presentation and celebrations after the final last year and he was shocked at the time the amount of people leaving in dub and Kerry gear. Obviously gutted on the day but we got to witness history, saw Bernard and Connolly lift it for their last time, and we were there for the 5 until the end. Same as the Seamus Darby goal, in 20 years time you could have a million people claiming they were in croke park to see the 5. But we know we stayed on to salute them.

Also, txt a mate of mine after the Meath game after having a fairly heated argument with him 4 years ago telling him this Dublin team would set and break all kinds of records. He replied and said just cos I'm right doesnt mean I need to be a prick :pac: hes a bull thick Kerry man so not sure he is happy with current events.

Anyway, that's my ramble. I'll leave ye to it.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I was chatting to my brother today about the Dubs. He made the point that he was happy we stayed on for the presentation and celebrations after the final last year and he was shocked at the time the amount of people leaving in dub and Kerry gear. Obviously gutted on the day but we got to witness history, saw Bernard and Connolly lift it for their last time, and we were there for the 5 until the end. Same as the Seamus Darby goal, in 20 years time you could have a million people claiming they were in croke park to see the 5. But we know we stayed on to salute them.

Also, txt a mate of mine after the Meath game after having a fairly heated argument with him 4 years ago telling him this Dublin team would set and break all kinds of records. He replied and said just cos I'm right doesnt mean I need to be a prick :pac: hes a bull thick Kerry man so not sure he is happy with current events.

Anyway, that's my ramble. I'll leave ye to it.

Sure same as me staying behind to clap ye off during the AIQF 2009. Though, I've not been as magnanimous since. :)

Tbf, last year reminded me a bit about 2015, you couldn't really be bitter about it from a Kerry pov, you were never winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Always stay for the presentations surprised even in 2011 to see some leave straight after the game finished they are moments I really savour .

Sure same as me staying behind to clap ye off during the AIQF 2009. Though, I've not been as magnanimous since. :)

Closest I ever came to leaving a game. At that game was felt mortified and fed up sick of Kerry. I remember thinking, they play a different sport to Dublin. And I always stay until the end of games.

Something that is annoying me about the turning points between Dublin v Kerry since the 70's and 80's how long were the gaps between not winning/losing against the Kingdom exactly?

Was that league draw (Parnell Park) between Dublin and Kerry in 2009 the first time Dublin did not lose to in league or championship to Kerry since the 70's or 80's? How long was the wait exactly?

When exactly was the first time Dublin beat Kerry in League or championship since the 70's/80's was it 2010 league game in Kerry? And how long was the wait?

Or has everything in my mind become so scrambled I have forgotten the key events?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Women did well to come out on top against Armagh. Great match. Certainly being put to the pins of their collar this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Women did well to come out on top against Armagh. Great match. Certainly being put to the pins of their collar this year.

7th final on the trot and I reckon they'll make it 4 in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    7th final on the trot and I reckon they'll make it 4 in a row.

A relief after all those years of Cork domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭spakman

Rolo2010 wrote: »
    A relief after all those years of Cork domination.

The irony....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

spakman wrote: »
    The irony....

Better than seeing Cork win 9 in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

It's funny no one ever complained when the Cork ladies were winning all those all irelands.

Advertisement