Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think Kerry helped Dublin as well though. They seemed to set up very cocky/loose. Notions.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

A really satisfying win and great to have Con back in such form .Wasn't sure beforehand how it would go but our first half was unbelievable. Second half I suppose had to dip a bit and things looked a bit hairy when the margin was down to three but great to turn things back again and regain our big lead .Some of the newer lads got a good outing and should be a boost to them .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Great fun altogether beating Kerry like that.

Some of the younger lads are growing on me. McGarry and Cian Murphy mightn't be as flash as some of their teammates but they have fantastic appetites for work. Cian Murphy might hold his place into the summer.

Con will cause a surge in the sale of Orange boots at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Greengrass53

I think Fenton is the best midfielder I've ever seen. Kilkenny is just amazing too.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Greta performance, Clancy did well and Cian Murphy showed well for a lot of ball and made driving runs well into the last few minutes. Lee Gannon and Murch looked like the veterans they should at this stage. Good to see Con put the head down and go at them one on one again, not seen him do that for a while. Pity about the 3rd quarter, that’s most of the league games in a row we’ve been overrun at start of second half. It does appear though in the league everyone is getting plenty of chances, if you take them you win easily. We probably had the same amount of chances last 3 games but didn’t take as many and even left 2 or 3 goals out there last night also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

That was an enjoyable game. We played very well for 55 minutes. Con back causing wreck is just what the doctor ordered. Our forward line is so dangerous when he is leading the line like that. After his quiet enough year last year the man means business and good luck to all the full backs coming up against him later in the year.

Ciaran Kilkenny was back to his best also. Less passing sideways and backwards and more clinical shooting and going for the jugular.

Bugler is another positive. Missing last years final would have hurt him. Another man on a mission.

The only negative was Kerry winning the opening 15 minutes of second half by six points and we did look a little ragged. In such a short period most of our ht lead was wiped out and still 20+ minutes to go.

We regained our composure and wrestled back control of the game.

A very good night at the office. To hammer Kerry and sew a few seeds of doubt in their heads on the long dark journey home.

The mood is good in the capital. The hunger is still there after 13 years of dominance. Players to come back. New lads playing well. Older lads even better. Early days but roll on the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Take of two games yesterday. Got in early to watch the hurlers. It was a mauling from start to finish but that Limerick team are great to watch. They strolled through that game yesterday and I'd say they have tougher training matches. It's a real shame how far behind them we are. It's not that long ago that we were almost at the same level but Limerick obviously got the basics right and are reaping the rewards.

The football was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched in years. The Kerry lads were shellshocked and you could see their confusion coming off at halftime. Even though they got back to 3 we never looked under pressure and we kept the scoreboard ticking over when it mattered. As others have said, some of the young lads had really good games. Thought Fenton was exceptional and Kerry had no answer to him.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

I would have taken draw from Derry before throw in. But Micky Harte seems to have rested players. Could be a chance for a sneaky two points for the Dubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭MFPM

Interesting that Harte made so many changes. The two missed frees are annoying Small's was straight forward. Dublin have been on top but only 1 point in it.

• Advertisement

Few thugs on that Derry team, McFall acting the idiot when Small on the ground.

3 in it now coming up to half time, Bugler. Bit close for comfort considering Dublin are dominating, but Derry hardly seem to be going full pelt.

Soft goal to concede by Dublin, not the first time in this league.

This is what Harte wants. Even if Derry lose which they can afford to, and it's close he'll spin it that with loads of changes they still pushed Dublin. Though it should be said Dublin are without a number of first choice players themselves.

O'Hanlon looks like he might be the one to finally retire Cluxton for good.

Grand survival assured, not many wides. Can relax now and give it a push for the final to get decent games under the belt, before Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Leinster is a joke. Ye would easily win it with your bench/ b team.

That is exactly why Dublin need to stay in div1 and maybe push for a final. Much better for the players than the Leinster games.

I suppose Kerry are the same, those crowd have not been relegated since 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭dunnerc

As is Munster , Kerry would win it with there bench / b team. Scrap the provincials, open draw is the way to go .

Delighted with the win and especially after the first two results to forget about relegation with two games to play .Some good performances ,it leaves us in good shape,I know Derry weren't fully at it but still a good win and a good Dublin crowd at it as well looking at it in the telly .

• Advertisement

That's 2 very assured performances in a row and what was most pleasing is that we played a different type of game today and atill looked comfortable

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Playing silly mind games, whatever else is coming for Derry he wanted the excuse built in to tonight, and Enda Brady lapped it up. At the end he had it as a master stroke of them learning more about Dublin than we did about them! The rest of the teams saw that they can be pushed back deep and narrow relatively easily and then picked off. We could easily has ran out massive winner with a couple more of the goal chances taken. Derry have a couple of lovely footballers but having given up the game late on the few cheap shots weren’t needed. Roger’s dig on Fenton and whoever through the forearm into Howard’s head, not seen the ref tonight much before and hope not to see him again, had the old style, ‘sure what do you expect, you/re the dubs’ at the dirty stuff.

The second half was completely one-sided. We pinned them back at while and were able to work the ball really well into space for our scores. It wasn't even like we needed to shoot from distance either.

I started laughing at Brady's comments. There's no way Harte will have been happy with that second, especially with how poor they were tracking runners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

Good shot stopper but think Comerford is better on kickouts will probably edge him ahead of DOH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

The issue with long range frees could become an issue in a tight game later in year. Costello has never performed on frees in knockout game. DOH has been hit and miss on 45s. Con or Mannion haven't taken frees off ground in a couple years.(probably due to injuries). Cluxton will more than likely be on the 45s.

Dublin hurlers fade badly again 24 minutes scoreless second half according to Dublin GAA site.

Talking to a lad who was at it and the cards seemed to have a huge bearing on the game.

Dublin Footballers going great - tempted to say as usual! 22 points nearly full time great away performance given the weather conditions in Salthill etc. The win was never in doubt.

Even more impressive that Galway were playing cagey for a big chunk of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Great chance of a league final now.

Didn't think I'd be saying that after Castlebar.

• Advertisement

Happy out with that a good win in poor conditions, only watched on TV but looked gloomy enough there .A bit of a drop off for a while and a couple of missed frees for me were the only negatives.Plenty of lads contributing so if we get everyone fit am pretty confident we will be hard to stop .Have to credit Dessie with getting the squad to this level something I wasn't saying this time last year .

Advertisement