Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

In fairness, a hospital isn't the best place to work if you're that worried about picking up illnesses...

I wasn't expecting a pandemic when I applied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

bennyl10 wrote: »
    But someone will say this is fake news and wrong and we’re all in severe danger.

But it's utter bollocks to dismiss the elderly and those with underlying illness. Ah shur they might be fuxked, no matter!

What if it's your parent, sibling or child in getting their last chemo, kicking cancer and on the road to recovery and all of a sudden this bitch of a virus takes hold. That's a real threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

givyjoe wrote: »
    Lightbulb.. Quarantine everyone there!

:pac: Problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Have you seen the waiting lists?
    You'll have to come up with more believable guff to be taken seriously.

Have you seen the trollies more like :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Imagine this. You're a relatively young person, say in your 30s or even 20s. You get coronavirus and get into a moderately severe condition. You pull through grand though as you're a young person. You wake up and your parents are both gone. How do you feel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

BAM the contractors would probably add a couple of hundred million quarantine fee.

Lock them up also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

tillyfilly wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting a pandemic when I applied

Is there signs of a pandemic in your hospital?

But it's utter bollocks to dismiss the elderly and those with underlying illness. Ah shur they might be fuxked, no matter!

What if it's your parent, sibling or child in getting their last chemo, kicking cancer and on the road to recovery and all of a sudden this bitch of a virus takes hold. That's a real threat.

Seen a fair bit of that on here unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Which is the exact same with any illness.
    Any you can think of and those same people are at risk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

Is there signs of a pandemic in your hospital?

a dustpandemic at the moment but I mean going forward

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Does that include people with a pre-existing condition, older people, smokers... or anyone with a loved one in that category?
    WTF.

Flu is the exact same for these people. Happens every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

Steer55 wrote: »
    Have you seen the trollies more like :-(
    Trolley situation is more localised. Specifically limerick since they absorbed the Ennis A+E. Poor planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Is there any reason for the outbreak in N Italy eg a Chinese connection?

Apologies if I missed it on news and here.

BAM the contractors would probably add a couple of hundred million quarantine fee.

You spelt billion wrong.

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Mr Flicky

tillyfilly wrote: »
    I'm worried about picking something up

As long as your wash you hands after wiping your anus and don’t pick your nose you have little to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Without giving away my exact job. I'm involved in a senior capacity in the HSE and whilst I am cautious about this potential virus in Ireland. I'm not particularly worried.

Caus you have access to facemasks that the rest of us dont ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

joe_99 wrote: »
    Flu is the exact same for these people

'These people'.
    You are hitting all the bases here with your dimissive contemptible attitude to your fellow humans. We're seeing your true colours I think.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

bennyl10 wrote: »

If it comes here, yes some people in the at risk groups may die. The same as they may die from any disease.

Thsi is a worrying disease. Sure. But it isn’t end times stuff by any stretch

What on earth is your point here?

Yes at risk groups may die at any time from any disease. But we know about every other disease and have vaccines for the big ones. We do everything we can to combat them and these at risk groups can live to a fine ripe age due to this. This one has the potential to basically cull hundreds of thousands or millions of these people. It is not business as usual.

And sure it isn't end of times - life will go on, business will go on, your Iphone will still work, you'll have food on tap, your social media will still update. Pity about the old ones though eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

If the disease gets to Ireland (probably inevitable at this stage) would it be correct to say containment has failed so we will just have to deal with the infections.
    With some curtailment society still has to function. I'm not being selfish but widespread lockdown/ curfew would also have devastating effects on economies and by extension health of the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

We can't test everybody. The health budget is limited. We need to have cost effective use of that money. Testing everybody is not cost effective.

i know that. i didnt say test everyone. Im wondering what is the procedure when you or a family member suspect you have covid 19?
    you ring the H.S.E if you can find the number, then what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Hoping this won't be as bad as the Spanish flu, but I think it will be with us for years.

Have you ever had the flu before?

Its very sensational this is.

Ratio isn't near the same as the common flu.

And its anew version of a corona virus

Mich like the common flu which mutates all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

This thread is the real virus tbh

joe40 wrote: »
    If the disease gets to Ireland (probably inevitable at this stage) would it be correct to say containment has failed so we will just have to deal with the infections.
    With some curtailment society still has to function. I'm not being selfish but widespread lockdown/ curfew would also have devastating effects on economies and by extension health of the nation.

Yeah that thought has occurred to me also.
    It's a case of if and not when.

There might be a case for some measures to try to slow the spread \ infection rate so we don't have all the severe cases manifesting at the same time overwhelming hospital capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

D.Q wrote: »
    This thread is the real virus tbh

It’s a bit of craic to see how mental people can be though

A few school kids having flu like symptoms is rather worrying?

Come on people. Take a step back from this.

Why are you so against people being cautious? It's really quite bizarre. What downside is there from being cautious? Who loses out? Everyone is a winner - the people in question, those around them, the country, the markets, the world. What inconvenience is it in the grand scheme of things?

Caus you have access to facemasks that the rest of us dont ?

Put it this way. It's more important for frontline staff to stay virus free than a random member of the public if we want to deal with this crisis. Also, the masks we would be using are FFP3 which are a ****ing nightmare to actually wear.

• Advertisement

Is there any reason for the outbreak in N Italy eg a Chinese connection? Apologies if I missed it on news and here.

I don't think they have identified patient zero yet \ if ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement