Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Options

Comments

I’m going to get one this morning. I normally get a pudding sambo on a Friday morning but it’s been a while. Can eat it at the desk too instead of messing up the car as nobody will be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I became a vegetarian a few years back...by jaysus though this thread has me nostalgic for the old chicken fillet role from spar!

White baguette, plain chicken fillet with red onion and lots of cheese. No need for any butter/mayo. Just use red sauce as butter before you start to stuff it!

Anyone know is there such a thing as a veggie imitation chicken fillet available?

seamusk84 wrote: »
    I became a vegetarian a few years back...by jaysus though this thread has me nostalgic for the old chicken fillet role from spar!

White baguette, plain chicken fillet with red onion and lots of cheese. No need for any butter/mayo. Just use red sauce as butter before you start to stuff it!

Anyone know is there such a thing as a veggie imitation chicken fillet available?

There is in the veggie section of Tesco. Never tried them as they’re always a rob though.

I do it because I’ve always done it and don’t feel the need to change that to make a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

I know. And like, I’m a culchie myself, from deep in the west of Ireland sticks. There were busybodies like him back in school, admonishing people for eating meat. The state of them. Nobody took them seriously, natch.

He's like the girls in primary school trying to catch others eating sweets during lent so that they can tell the teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

:D I could hear so many of their little brains pop the minute I read this.

Nox’s posts read like satire. But they’re not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Nox’s post read like satire. But they’re not.

I'm not quite sure about that. He does come across very much like many sons of the agricultural that I knew in my youth, but I am in my 50s and he is not.

He’s grand. His thinking is never going to go down well with what most people have turned into these days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

He’s grand. His thinking is never going to go down well with what most people have turned into these days though.

Sure, nobody is stopping him being who he is. It just becomes a problem if he comments on how others live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yeah, it’s just too “far fetched“ that someone would ever be able to eat a chicken fillet roll and could sink more than 4 pints of stout on top of it.

I mean, that’s a binge right there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Yeah, it’s just too “far fetched“ that someone would ever be able to eat a chicken fillet roll and could sink more than 4 pints of stout on top of it.

Two consecutive smells of beer is a binge, a mental health issue, and a climate disaster these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Its called a hot chicked roll.

Ive never heard somebody ask for a chicken fillet roll in my life , and i stood next to many a punter who odered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Burty330 wrote: »

Ive never heard somebody ask for a chicken fillet roll in my life , and i stood next to many a punter who odered one.

It's a chicken fillet in a roll, what the **** else would you call it....

You must be in a part of the country and never leave it, because it’s chicken fillet roll nearly the whole country over.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You ask for that near me and you'll get either slices off a joint (not in the morning), or slices or cubed chicken breast, unbreaded in both cases.

Do people in this thread actually exist in real life?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTUFXGPlpayQ-O3F1GjPgln46BroFR8eu6DLTopWnbHYVLart_P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

I usually just ask for a roll and then add my fillings.......

Cork...

Do people in this thread actually exist in real life?

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTUFXGPlpayQ-O3F1GjPgln46BroFR8eu6DLTopWnbHYVLart_P

So its a Corkism then.

Its not called that in basically the entire rest of the country, and you'll either the wrong thing or looked at funny if you try use that name.

Im a former trucker. Ive eaten lunch in shops all over the country... Its a hot chicken roll.. Anybody who asks for a chicken fillet roll will be served chunks of plain dry chicken brest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Sure who goes out and only drinks 4 pints? Complete waste of time.

Im a former trucker. Ive eaten lunch in shops all over the country... Its a hot chicken roll.. Anybody who asks for a chicken fillet roll will be served chunks of plain dry chicken brest.

You can’t be that wrong so you must be just making it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I once got a spicey hot chicken roll with coleslaw and cheese, lettuce and peppers. Topped off with sweet chili sauce.
    And two sausages and two hash browns thrown in too because it was both very late at night and very early in the morning, and I was horrendously drunk.
    And I did not need a feed that day!

And yet you find us an image from the one part of the country that goes out of its way to be different to "prove" your point

No deli anywhere has actual chicken fillets cold; whereas plenty have hot chicken of other types

Its a Corkism at best - not a national thing.

If you're from Cork you may have been served out of sympathy by staff at delis elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hot chicken roll - less than 400,000 search results

Chicken fillet roll - 26.5 million search results...

**** off Cork, you're not the capital, you're not a country and you're ****ing idiots when it comes to ordering deli food. Do you call a roll with tuna a wet dry fish roll as well?

So? Someone can Google ‘chicken fillet roll’ and throw some results right back at you too.

Article uses the them "chicken fillet roll" 9 times and "hot chicken roll" 4 times

You're not helping yourself here.

L1011 wrote: »
    And yet you find us an image from the one part of the country that goes out of its way to be different to "prove" your point

No deli anywhere has actual chicken fillets cold; whereas plenty have hot chicken of other types

Its a Corkism at best - not a national thing.

If you're from Cork you may have been served out of sympathy by staff at delis elsewhere.

Only Dubs refer to it as a chicken fillet roll. . And i never knew they did up until now:eek:

• Advertisement

Only Dubs refer to it as a chicken fillet roll. . And i never knew they did up until now:eek:

I'm not a Dub. Suspect many of the other posters aren't either

Take your weird Corkism back to Cork, please.

Advertisement