Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,978 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Yes stupid to you.

Indeed. Your logic here does seem stupid to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

walshb wrote: »
    Indeed. Your logic here does seem stupid to me..

Obviously it would when im disagreeing with you. Human nature and all that. Ever see paul merson on the sky, always backs against spurs, simply biased because of his dislike for the club.

Draw
    Obviously it would when im disagreeing with you. Human nature and all that. Ever see paul merson on the sky, always backs against spurs, simply biased because of his dislike for the club.

This is a very simple question:

Would you say every person who went against Fury in those three fights could only have done so because they dislike the man?

This is a very simple question:

Would you say ever person who went against Fury in those three fights could only have done so because they dislike the man?

Honest answer yes possible. To get 0/3 is a pattern that points to unconscious bias.

Draw
    Honest answer yes possible. To get 0/3 is a pattern that points to unconscious bias.

I don’t see it like this in these type incidents. It’s not an exact science.

I always root for Federer in tennis. I rarely, if ever backed him to beat Rafa when they met. Nothing to do with bias..RF proved me wrong many times..

• Advertisement

Draw
    Is Dillian Whyte elite?

If so, I back Fury 10-10 to win. Am I biased v Whyte?

I don’t see it like this in these type incidents. It’s not an exact science.

I always root for Federer in tennis. I rarely, if ever backed him to beat Rafa when they met. Nothing to do with bias..RF proved me wrong many times..

Look we are not going to agree on this, but anyway i basically want fury to as many plaudits as possible now as he deserves it. If he beats aj, i hope he retires.

Is Dillian Whyte elite?

If so, I back Fury 10-10 to win. Am I biased v Whyte?

Its not a pattern, you have backed him wrong against 3 different opponents, thats a pattern of unconscious bias.

Draw
    Look we are not going to agree on this, but anyway i basically want fury to as many plaudits as possible now as he deserves it. If he beats aj, i hope he retires.

I gave Fury his plaudits for last night..deserved plaudits..

Draw
    Its not a pattern, you have backed him wrong against 3 different opponents, thats a pattern of unconscious bias.

No. It’s not. It’s simply a pattern!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Draw
    where does all this leave dillian whyte ?....hes been waiting as no.1 contender for his wbc shot for years.

No. It’s not. It’s simply a pattern!

Its pattern bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Wouldn't say Walsh dislikes fury as a person but as a boxer. Hes been consistent for years always picks the boxer who punches harder. Obsessed with power

Draw
    Its pattern bias.

Well, I am going to back Wilder, AJ and Fury v Usyk....

Nothing to do with a bias against Usyk..

You are not really making sense here. You may want something to be true, and use some stats and examples to bolster this want, but it’s futile really..

You kind of admitted it when you answered it yourself, that anyone who backed against Fury in those three fights was doing so out of a dislike/bias. It’s a nonsense...some may well have a dislike, but you cannot blanket apply this silliness to all.

Draw
    US2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't say Walsh dislikes fury as a person but as a boxer. Hes been consistent for years always picks the boxer who punches harder. Obsessed with power

Nonsense. I backed plenty times for Fury (and others) against opponents that would be considered heavier handed..

And, care to provide all these examples?

Well, I am going to back Wilder, AJ and Fury v Usyk....

Nothing to do with a bias against Usyk..

You are not really making sense here. You may want something to be true, and use some stats and examples to bolster this want, but it’s futile really..

You kind of admitted it when you answered it yourself, that anyone who backed against Fury in those three fights was doing so out of a dislike/bias. It’s a nonsense...some may well have a dislike, but you cannot blanket apply this silliness to all.

I said yes possibly so dont take out of context my reply. You are obviously going to never admit it because you dont even know you are biased against fury. Look up pattern bias, its you in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

AJ is not the greatest boxer by any stretch, but this analysis is way off.

Fury is far from some boxing master, either. They both have flaws. You don’t win Olympic gold without being able to box.

Fury will have height and reach, speed of foot advantage and overall reflexes advantages.

Other areas exist: power lies clearly with AJ

Both have suspect chins. Fury can be taken out clean..he was in the ground for 11 seconds v Wilder, and the Wilder shots were not his absolute best.

Hand speed. Interesting one. I can see no clear winner here.

Overall punch mechanics and delivery and punching technicality is AJ

Stamina and cardio management? Fury. Defo.

Inside game. Physically both strong and good; AJ better offensively inside.

Confidence/calmness under pressure: Fury.

There is a lot to this than simple nonsense like “Fury makes AJ look silly.”

Unbeaten record. Fury.
    Chin. Fury. (Laughable that you don't state this.)
    Hand speed. Fury.
    Never say die attitude. Fury

In the pages and pages of drivel that you've posted i havent seen you acknowledge that fury wasnt match fit the first time around against wilder. John fury said tyson couldn't bench press 60kg before leaving for the training camp in the states. Fury said he was at 50% physically and I'd say that was being generous. He shouldnt have been in the ring with wilder at that stage.

Fury fit this time around after time to recover from the weight loss. That was the biggest difference between the 2 fights. Even if fury wanted to knock him out first time he didnt have the stamina to carry it out. He has gotten his stoppages every time hes gone for them through out his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Here's the clip.

Haha I feel sorry for the other 3 ornaments that aren’t allowed to speak!!

Draw
    I said yes possibly so dont take out of context my reply. You are obviously going to never admit it because you dont even know you are biased against fury. Look up pattern bias, its you in a nutshell.

I have no issue admitting anything.

Fury the person? Never met him. No different than Wilder. Wouldn’t have any liking/admiring of either as persons..

As a boxer. Fury impressed me in several areas. Doesn’t impress me in others..

Two opponents I went against him...

Three fights, and one where he was down twice, and almost knocked out...

Yet me, or anyone backing Wilder a second time can’t be considered normal, logical? It has to me considered a biased dislike..?

Get back to me with something more concrete..

Draw
    Dunston wrote: »
    Unbeaten record. Fury.
    Chin. Fury. (Laughable that you don't state this.)
    Hand speed. Fury.
    Never say die attitude. Fury

In the pages and pages of drivel that you've posted i havent seen you acknowledge that fury wasnt match fit the first time around against wilder. John fury said tyson couldn't bench press 60kg before leaving for the training camp in the states. Fury said he was at 50% physically and I'd say that was being generous. He shouldnt have been in the ring with wilder at that stage.

Fury fit this time around after time to recover from the weight loss. That was the biggest difference between the 2 fights. Even if fury wanted to knock him out first time he didnt have the stamina to carry it out. He has gotten his stoppages every time hes gone for them through out his career.

Gas...

I actually gave Fury the edge in several categories, maybe even more than I gave for AJ, but for the Fury brigade, this is not enough...

Laughable!! But not surprising. You can’t debate objectively with some OTT fans of certain boxers...

• Advertisement

I have no issue admitting anything.

Fury the person? Never met him. No different than Wilder. Wouldn’t have any liking/admiring of either as persons..

As a boxer. Fury impressed me in several areas. Doesn’t impress me in others..

Two opponents I went against him...

Three fights, and one where he was down twice, and almost knocked out...

Yet me, or anyone backing Wilder a second time can’t be considered normal, logical? It has to me considered a biased dislike..?

Get back to me with something more concrete..
    your unconscious bias cant be proved but i along with many others have seen it. We cant all be wrong and you right all the time. I have posted enough i never said you weren't normal, you are putting words into my mouth which is a clear sign you have lost the argument.

Draw
    your unconscious bias cant be proved but i along with many others have seen it. We cant all be wrong and you right all the time. I have posted enough i never said you weren't normal, you are putting words into my mouth which is a clear sign you have lost the argument.

Normal? I was referring to the pick of Wilder in fight 2..I never said you claimed that I wasn’t normal. Read back.

What would you think of those who went Fury fight 1 and Wilder fight 2, based off fight 1, and my points on it?

I went Wilder fight 2 for purely logical reasons. I posted on them...

Normal? I was referring to the pick of Wilder in fight 2..

What would you think of those who went Fury fight 1 and Wilder fight 3, based off fight 1, and my points on it?

I went Wilder fight 2 for purely logical reasons. I posted on them...

Fury fight 1 was a shadow of himself so to pick against him again i dont understand,the only way wilder could realistically have won was by ko possible yes but lazy analysis, a a boxer like fury was obviously going to be better defensively this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Both have suspect chins. Fury can be taken out clean..he was in the ground for 11 seconds v Wilder, and the Wilder shots were not his absolute best.
    Inside game. Physically both strong and good; AJ better offensively inside.

Couldn't disagree more with both of these takes.

Fury's chin is proven at this point.

Fury is a far superior inside fighter to Joshua. Joshua has **** all inside game. Ruiz showed that up, Parker tried to show that up but wasn't allowed to by the ref. If you get inside Joshua's jab, which Fury will, he's in trouble.

Draw
    Fury fight 1 was a shadow of himself so to pick against him again i dont understand,the only way wilder could realistically have won was by ko possible yes but lazy analysis, a a boxer like fury was obviously going to be better defensively this time around.

Well, there were a fair few lazy analysts here, so...and across the boxing community...you seemed to have it all figured out...

Did you never consider the wow power of Wilder being any type factor, even allow for a bettered prepared Fury?

Well, there were a fair few lazy analysts here, so...and across the boxing community...you seemed to have it all figured out...

Did you never consider the wow power of Wilder being any type factor, even allow for a bettered prepared Fury?

Do you read my posts, i said a ko was possible and based off this fight yes i was right and alot of pundits were wrong, that is not up for the debate its fact.

Draw
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more with both of these takes.

Fury's chin is proven at this point.

Fury is a far superior inside fighter to Joshua. Joshua has **** all inside game. Ruiz showed that up, Parker tried to show that up but wasn't allowed to by the ref. If you get inside Joshua's jab, which Fury will, he's in trouble.

I had a feeling someone would come back on this..And I get your points.

AJ is inconsistent on the inside, but when he gets it right he is deceivingly effective, and gets off hard shots in close..

I think Fury uses his body better inside, but AJ can land the harder and more damaging punches inside..

How, by the way is Fury’s chin proven? He was dropped by a innocuous punch in fight 1, then dropped heavy for 10-11seconds later on. Plus, past fights he was badly hurt and wobbled...how is the chin proven? Proven to be what?

Draw
    Do you read my posts, i said a ko was possible and based off this fight yes i was right and alot of pundits were wrong, that is not up for the debate its fact.

Do you read mine? I asked a question. I didn’t make any statement about your point(s).

Do you read mine? I asked a question. I didn’t make any statement about your point(s).

You asked a question i had answered in the previous post, i said a ko was possible so yes i did consider the wow power.

• Advertisement

Draw
    You asked a question i had answered in the previous post, i said a ko was possible so yes i did consider the wow power.

Ok, so people changing from Fury in fight 1 to Wilder in fight 2...does this strike you as fair/logical, or biased/illogical?

Advertisement