Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,164 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Surley Fury already the best of his generation?
    Goes to Germany ends Wlads 10 year rein,
    Gets off the sofa weighing 28 stone goes to the US and ends the hardest hitter in heavy weight history's rein

AJ goes to the US get his ears boxed off and doesn't return

Fury will give him a boxing lesson in the summer ]

Both AJ and Fury need to meet to decide who is the best...

Until they do, then nobody is..

Oh, and one man has a drugs cheat record. So, an asterisk exists! Fury nuthuggers conveniently omit this. Guarantee if it was AJ, they wouldn’t stfu about it.

AJ avenged his only loss very easily...who cares where that was. It was in a boxing ring, and that is what matters..

Currently AJ is 13-8 and Fury 4-9. Fury a warm favourite with the bookies..

Personally, I’d back AJ if they meet. Nothing has changed from what I have seen from both in the past 18 months, Ruiz loss notwithstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I'd say he will fight on the back foot against joshua cant see Joshua landing anything on him. Crooked judges will then give aj the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Tyson beats aj all day long in my opinion. He has more tools.

Draw
    Titclamp wrote: »
    Fury's mind vs AJs mind.

No brainer...

Good breakdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    What next for Wilder? Take the rematch? Or back to basics and take a few recovery fights? Or would he be tempted by the money from Hearn? I'd imagine Eddie will fancy it now that he's been badly beaten, similar to what they did with Klitchsko?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Draw
    What next for Wilder? Take the rematch? Or back to basics and take a few recovery fights? Or would he be tempted by the money from Hearn? I'd imagine Eddie will fancy it now that he's been badly beaten, similar to what they did with Klitchsko?

He still possess a dynamite right hand that if landed, takes AJ out...

That’s the only chance he has. AJ boxes the ears off him and knocks him out providing he’s somewhat careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I'd like to see him fight Dillian Whyte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭squinn2912

walshb wrote: »
    Good breakdown!

I agree with you. There’s no thought behind that post

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw

Oh, and one man has a drugs cheat record. So, an asterisk exists! Fury nuthuggers conveniently omit this. Guarantee if it was AJ, they wouldn’t stfu about it.

AJ avenged his only loss very easily...who cares where that was. It was in a boxing ring, and that is what matters..

Personally, I’d back AJ if they meet. Nothing has changed from what I have seen from both in the past 18 months, Ruiz loss notwithstanding!

AJ cared he wanted nothing to do with the US
    The rematch was against a lads on a 6 month bender who was a fat slob

Fury fights anyone at any time something AJ does not do

Fury will make AJ look silly

I also predict AJ will want 2 fights before Fury, well Hearn will cause hell know his cash cow will be beat

Wait and see Hearn will be saying Fury has to fight Whyte first mark my words

US2 wrote: »
    I'd like to see him fight Dillian Whyte

Coming off this Whyte could well beat him

• Advertisement

Draw
    I'd stíll fancy Wilder to beat AJ
    Plus we don't really know what the Ruiz ko has done to AJ he preformed well last time but looked scared to death when Ruiz touched him, How will that play out against a actually live opponent who's not a fat pig

Draw

I also predict AJ will want 2 fights before Fury, well Hearn will cause hell know his cash cow will be beat

All irrelevant. They need to fight to decide who is the best...

You are anti AJ, I get that, but surely even you know that they need to fight in the ring to decide?

I mean, if you want to be clear and fair to both, then you could exclude Fury altogether because he cheated...Doping convictions. Bet if it was AJ, you’d be all over it..

Simple: let them fight, and see who proves themselves!

Wait and see Hearn will be saying Fury has to fight Whyte first mark my words

I’m not so sure. I’ll be supporting fury but I’d be concerned about aj. There are lots of things he can do. Fury’s ace card is the footwork his closing of distance is remarkable. There’s no guarantee fury can ever be this good again either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Draw
    All irrelevant. They need to fight to decide who is the best...

You are anti AJ, I get that, but surely even you know that they need to fight in the ring to decide?

I mean, if you want to be clear and fair to both, then you could exclude Fury altogether because he cheated...Doping convictions. Bet if it was AJ, you’d be all over it..

Simple: let them fight, and see who proves themselves!

AJ has the boxing brain of a hamster. Whatever about Fury he is a boxer with some many tools in his drawer and can adapt to any fight.

Fight one, final round he realised he could easily beat Wilder If hes just taken the fight to him earlier. Fight 2 picked up it 1 finished and Wilder was dominated.

Fury has so many way to beat AJ. AJ has one way to beat Fury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ

Ruiz kicked his arse.

Went on a bender and didn't train and wasn't arsed the 2nd time.

Fury could beat him with arm behind his back.

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    I’m not so sure. I’ll be supporting fury but I’d be concerned about aj. There are lots of things he can do. Fury’s ace card is the footwork his closing of distance is remarkable. There’s no guarantee fury can ever be this good again either.

He may not need to be that good to beat AJ
    Don't forget he was only with his coach 7 weeks, so plenty he can improve on
    Physically he could be stronger and fitter no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Wilder is arguably the most technically limited wc in history, as of right now Joshua's cv is better then furys and has the majority of the belts, if they never meet each other neither will have a legacy worth remembering

Draw
    AJ has the boxing brain of a hamster. Whatever about Fury he is a boxer with some many tools in his drawer and can adapt to any fight.

Fight one, final round he realised he could easily beat Wilder If hes just taken the fight to him earlier. Fight 2 picked up it 1 finished and Wilder was dominated.

Fury has so many way to beat AJ. AJ has one way to beat Fury.

AJ is not the greatest boxer by any stretch, but this analysis is way off.

Fury is far from some boxing master, either. They both have flaws. You don’t win Olympic gold without being able to box.

Fury will have height and reach, speed of foot advantage and overall reflexes advantages.

Other areas exist: power lies clearly with AJ

Both have suspect chins. Fury can be taken out clean..he was in the ground for 11 seconds v Wilder, and the Wilder shots were not his absolute best.

Hand speed. Interesting one. I can see no clear winner here.

Overall punch mechanics and delivery and punching technicality is AJ

Stamina and cardio management? Fury. Defo.

Inside game. Physically both strong and good; AJ better offensively inside.

Confidence/calmness under pressure: Fury.

There is a lot to this than simple nonsense like “Fury makes AJ look silly.”

Draw
    Titclamp wrote: »
    Ruiz kicked his arse.

Went on a bender and didn't train and wasn't arsed the 2nd time.

Fury could beat him with arm behind his back.

Another riveting breakdown. You’re on fire tonight!

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Another riveting breakdown. You’re on fire tonight!

A fat bastard who has a good engine and power punch

Whats more to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Fury beats AJ handily enough. I've been saying this long before AJ quit against Ruiz. He's just a superior boxer.

Draw
    AJ-Fury Wembley late summer would be ideal..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    He still possess a dynamite right hand that if landed, takes AJ out...

That’s the only chance he has. AJ boxes the ears off him and knocks him out providing he’s somewhat careful.

Is it possible that Wilders right hand is over hyped? Yeah he's got good power but who of substance has he KO'd with it? Connected with Fury a number of times in two fights and couldn't do it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He may not need to be that good to beat AJ
    Don't forget he was only with his coach 7 weeks, so plenty he can improve on
    Physically he could be stronger and fitter no problem

In terms of development he can improve but in terms of performance he was at a 10 last night. In many of his fights he’s been a 5 but gotbthe job done. AJ is a very powerful man who would be at home on the inside. Stylistically a very different fight.

Draw
    Is it possible that Wilders right hand is over hyped? Yeah he's got good power but who of substance has he KO'd with it? Connected with Fury a number of times in two fights and couldn't do it.

You’ll face a backlash here...

Some here think it’s the hardest in HW history.

Oh, and show me where he landed it ever so cleanly and hard on Fury in either fight?

He didn’t, because Fury, similar to Ali v Foreman, took a lot of the sting and force away....credit to Fury..

Last night he barely landed a single decent punch...

You’ll face a backlash here...

Some here think it’s the hardest in HW history.

Oh, and show me where he landed it ever so cleanly and hard on Fury in either fight?

He didn’t, because Fury, similar to Ali v Foreman, took a lot of the sting and force away....credit to Fury..

Last night he barely landed a single decent punch...

His best effort to really throw was 45 seconds before the towel came in. He didn’t show up at all. It wasn’t as slick but fury’s footwork reminded me of Loma

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    His best effort to really throw was 45 seconds before the towel came in. He didn’t show up at all. It wasn’t as slick but fury’s footwork reminded me of Loma

It was weird last night. Fury just looked far bigger than Wilder compared to fight 1...Height, range, reach and overall physicality...

Wilder could not impose himself at all. Fury was just a man mountain..

I don’t know if anyone else got that vibe.

Draw
    AJ is not the greatest boxer by any stretch, but this analysis is way off.

Fury is far from some boxing master, either. They both have flaws. You don’t win Olympic gold without being able to box.

Fury will have height and reach, speed of foot advantage and overall reflexes advantages.

Other areas exist: power lies clearly with AJ

Both have suspect chins. Fury can be taken out clean..he was in the ground for 11 seconds v Wilder, and the Wilder shots were not his absolute best.

Hand speed. Interesting one. I can see no clear winner here.

Overall punch mechanics and delivery and punching technicality is AJ

Stamina and cardio management? Fury. Defo.

Inside game. Physically both strong and good; AJ better offensively inside.

Confidence/calmness under pressure: Fury.

There is a lot to this than simple nonsense like “Fury makes AJ look silly.”

Fury never been taking clean out? Any time he's been hit he's got up and looked fine, the hardest one punch hitter ever couldn't put him away when he was awful physically condition?

You say Fury is far from some master boxer? He is the best heavy weight boxer in the last 20 years, He has show he can literally do it all boxing wise any way you want him to fight he can

One thing you left out which is huge is Fury boxing IQ is miles above AJs and that how hell win the fight by being smarter,

Honestly don't think AJ will that much more powerful than Fury if Fury decides to plant his feet, Parker, Ruiz, Takam all coped with AJ power,

Fury just a natural fighter AJ an Athlete who boxes, The difference in fight Q and calmness under fire will be why Fury wins

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    It was weird last night. Fury just looked far bigger than Wilder compared to fight 1...Height, range, reach and overall physicality...

Wilder could not impose himself at all. Fury was just a man mountain..

I don’t know if anyone else got that vibe.

Camera angle.

• Advertisement

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Fury never been taking clean out? Any time he's been hit he's got up and looked fine, the hardest one punch hitter ever couldn't put him away when he was awful physically condition?

You say Fury is far from some master boxer? He is the best heavy weight boxer in the last 20 years, He has show he can literally do it all boxing wise any way you want him to fight he can

One thing you left out which is huge is Fury boxing IQ is miles above AJs and that how hell win the fight by being smarter,

Honestly don't think AJ will that much more powerful than Fury if Fury decides to plant his feet, Parker, Ruiz, Takam all coped with AJ power,

Fury just a natural fighter AJ an Athlete who boxes, The difference in fight Q and calmness under fire will be why Fury wins

Hes had a few run ins with knackers.

Advertisement