Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

blade1 wrote: »
    No, he can be both.

Yeah he really can't

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi. Apologies for this ill informed post, but I know little about boxing.

It seems Tyson Fury is a very good boxer. Is he good just cause the boxers at this time are not great or is he actually good.

Like how would he compare with former boxers like Ali and Mike Tyson etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Fury has worn Green White And Gold gloves.

He's from the Ivory Coast so.

I'm only on a wind up. I'm just going with what Tyson says and I ain't going to argue with him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    walshb wrote: »
    But not British British...

Lot here would claim him as Irish...

He's a traveller. Neither Irish or British.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

... Just voted my prediction, reckon I'll get it right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yeah he really can't
    If a man can be a woman or someone what's to identify themselves as a fridge can, someone from an Irish ethnic group can be part Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

obi604 wrote:
    Hi. Apologies for this ill informed post, but I know little about boxing.

It’s seems Tyson Fury is a very good boxer. Is he good just cause the boxers at tis time are not great or is he actually good.

Like how would he compare with former boxers like Ali and Mike Tyson etc.
    I think Tyson would give any of them a serious fight. Him and Lennox would be a great fight with both in their prime.
    He is very smart in the ring and he has very good boxing skills. He is a very big man so he could possibly beat all the greats.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,162 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Smaller HWs from years gone by that weren’t big punchers would have very little chance..

The like of Lennox Lewis would obliterate Tyson Fury. Bowe would, too.

Smaller HWs from years gone by that weren’t big punchers would have very little chance..

These type of match ups are pointless.

Draw
    These type of match ups are pointless.

Not really. People forever have loved to debate fantasy fights...

• Advertisement

Not really. People forever have loved to debate fantasy fights...

Loved or not still pointless.
    Ok,I'll say Tyson fury beats all those.
    Prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    What's Wilder like to fight?

Fury: "he's unpredictable, like giving a 7 year old a fully loaded AK47"! :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Not so sure the smaller guys have given fury enough trouble in the past. Tyson or Holyfield would be a nightmare for him. Guess they’re big punchers though. I think he gives any of them a fight but Lewis with the big right over the top. Devastating

What's Wilder like to fight?

Fury: "he's unpredictable, like giving a 7 year old a fully loaded AK47"! :)

That’s made my day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Tyson would give any of them a serious fight. Him and Lennox would be a great fight with both in their prime.
    He is very smart in the ring and he has very good boxing skills. He is a very big man so he could possibly beat all the greats.

Tyson v Tyson would have been bizarre, Fury would have a foot on him. Mike would have some job to get past that jab.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson v Tyson would have been bizarre, Fury would have a foot on him. Mike would have some job to get past that jab.

He’d get past it and God help Fury when he worked on his rib cage. Of all the fantasy fights I think Tyson would be the worst match up for fury

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Mother from Belfast and father from Offaly.
    Irish traveller group in Manchester

His father is apparently from Tuam in Galway, although a fire means records for births in the area at that time no longer exist.

Fury seems to regard himself as a mix of Irish/British, quite similar to a lot people born and raised in Britain to Irish parents.

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Big Ears wrote: »
    His father is apparently from Tuam in Galway, although a fire means records for births in the area at that time no longer exist.

Fury seems to regard himself as a mix of Irish/British, quite similar to a lot people born and raised in Britain to Irish parents.

Yeah finbar furey is his uncle.

So I'd say he's a bit Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,943 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    I’ll wait my turn. There’s a bit of a queue!

Don’t worry you are at the head of it

When he beats Joshua you will have to recognise him as the greatest of his generation

Draw
    Cyrus wrote: »
    Don’t worry you are at the head of it

When he beats Joshua you will have to recognise him as the greatest of his generation

Take your tongue out of Fury’s ring, will ya!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Plenty people wrote him off, as in predicted a Wilder KO, and plenty those wanted Fury to win.

I wanted Wilder to win. But anyone who was surprised on last night’s result hasn’t a clue about boxing..

Smart money was in Wilder, all things considered, but a Fury win inside the distance is/was not at all a surprise..

Big difference between this fight and fight 1? Simple: Fury came to actually take this fight, as opposed to nick and steal fight 1...

Exactly as I predicted. To win, his best chance is to go and take it..it’s on page 1 of this thread, and in other threads..

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Like I said, he's British.

He's as British as AJ (nigerian parents Irish grandfather) ....paper identity

they'd be more at home fighting each other in Croker :D

Draw
    😂😂😂

Fight night blow ins wouldn’t understand!

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Take your tongue out of Fury’s ring, will ya!!!!!

Ah its nice in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Fight night blow ins wouldn’t understand!
    A blow in who’s prediction was better than yours, all your bs has smashed any credibility you could ever have got.

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    A blow in who’s prediction was better than yours, all your bs has smashed any credibility you could ever have got.

hasn't a clue

Probably not even went to a boxing club in their life.

Draw

But still a fight night blow in...you need to build up your credibility...

Take a few risks. Join us here. Don’t be a smart ass type random poster looking for likes by pointing out silly predictions that didn’t go as predicted..I have hundreds of predictions. Not all right...you’re 1-0 now...but, the more you predict, the more chance you might slip up..

Good bunch here. You might even enjoy the debate and banter...

Just watched the fight back. Wilder was totally unprepared for Fury’s power. He exhausted him leaning on him and ragdolling him about. The KD was towards the back of the head and he charged in with his own head often. Wilder perhaps took him lightly and when he weighed in with the top on and rumours going around about his ankle I wonder did wilder get sold a pup. Fury’s positioning was another level and wilder barely got throwing anything with real venom. Calming him down maybe not the best idea. He and his corner were completely outsmarted.

A lot of posts on here indicating that fury will steamroll aj too. I’m not so sure. Aj will weigh at least 18 stone and will have much more strength in clinches. He will have a plan and he can throw combinations much better. If it happens...

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Fury's mind vs AJs mind.

No brainer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Surley Fury already the best of his generation?
    Goes to Germany ends Wlads 10 year rein,
    Gets off the sofa weighing 28 stone goes to the US and ends the hardest hitter in heavy weight history's rein

AJ goes to the US get his ears boxed off and doesn't return

Fury will give him a boxing lesson in the summer ]

Advertisement