Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    You’ll face a backlash here...

Some here think it’s the hardest in HW history.

Oh, and show me where he landed it ever so cleanly and hard on Fury in either fight?

He didn’t, because Fury, similar to Ali v Foreman, took a lot of the sting and force away....credit to Fury..

Last night he barely landed a single decent punch...

Let's be fair he landed two big right hands, The one first round early left Furt with a massive lump on the side of his face,
    I think the difference with Fury is hes seen them coming most people get caught by Wilder by one they don't see,

Haye been saying for years he hits like a truck,
    Ben Davison said Fury told him the first jab Wilder landed on him made Fury think he got hit with a brick, Said he couldn't believe how hard Wilder hit, Ben only said that a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Ring IQ is a bit of everything really...

Hence my not specifically mentioning it. It’s also subjective..

Simple: it’s HW boxing. Two big men, one quite a heavy puncher. The other, not so much...

Both men shaky chins. Look at their careers....both can be hurt, and badly hurt...

I did forget the most important and basic punch...the jab.

AJs jab us stiff, hard and clean. His timing on it is very good. It sets up his offence better than Fury’s does..

I’ll stick with AJ inside the distance. Hugely confident? No..

I don’t see how either side could be hugely confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭squinn2912

It was weird last night. Fury just looked far bigger than Wilder compared to fight 1...Height, range, reach and overall physicality...

Wilder could not impose himself at all. Fury was just a man mountain..

I don’t know if anyone else got that vibe.

I was thinking that too it was like watching an 18 year old fight a 12 year old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Fury never been taking clean out? Any time he's been hit he's got up and looked fine, the hardest one punch hitter ever couldn't put him away when he was awful physically condition?

You say Fury is far from some master boxer? He is the best heavy weight boxer in the last 20 years, He has show he can literally do it all boxing wise any way you want him to fight he can

One thing you left out which is huge is Fury boxing IQ is miles above AJs and that how hell win the fight by being smarter,

Honestly don't think AJ will that much more powerful than Fury if Fury decides to plant his feet, Parker, Ruiz, Takam all coped with AJ power,

Fury just a natural fighter AJ an Athlete who boxes, The difference in fight Q and calmness under fire will be why Fury wins

The fact you think wilder is the hardest puncher ever automatically discredits anything you say

Draw
    Anyone see the video basically in the ring of Furys shot that dropped Wilder in the 3rd, Sounded like he hit him with a bat

• Advertisement

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    I was thinking that too it was like watching an 18 year old fight a 12 year old

Well, it struck me about Fury only when I saw him on the scales. I knew he was big, but he looked so damn impressive on the scales.

Then during the fight he looked clearly bigger. Now, I get it that he is bigger, it just seemed very accentuated last night. Not just weight. Everything...

Well, it struck me about Fury only when I saw him on the scales. I knew he was big, but he looked so damn impressive on the scales.

Then during the fight he looked clearly bigger. Now, I get it that he is bigger, it just seemed very accentuated last night. Not just weight. Everything...

When he was head locking I was surprised at how massive his arms are. Wilders head, neck and torso look so thin beside fury’s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It was weird last night. Fury just looked far bigger than Wilder compared to fight 1...Height, range, reach and overall physicality...

Yep, straight away I thought it's almost looked like a heavyweight v a middleweight.
    Wilder is skinny enough around the belly area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Draw
    The fact you think wilder is the hardest puncher ever automatically discredits anything you say

One punch power i think he is,
    Highest rate of Ko's from any champ in history and iv never seen anyone flatline so many people with literally one shot,

• Advertisement

Draw
    One punch power i think he is,
    Highest rate of Ko's from any champ in history and iv never seen anyone flatline so many people with literally one shot,

He’s certainly in the running..

So not sure what the poster is getting at here..

Draw
    blade1 wrote: »
    Yep, straight away I thought it's almost looked like a heavyweight v a middleweight.
    Wilder is skinny enough around the belly area.

I think it's because of his frame that he hits so hard, He'sdoesnt have the old school hard hotter build of a Lewis, He's got wide shoulders and a skinny waist, Its the toorch he gets that generates the power, Why he looks so wild, almost swings his arm like a pitcher,
    Oddly enough his last KO of Ortiz was strangle straight for Wilder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I heard Andy Lee talk about it during the week. In camp they were getting Fury to stand up tall and impose his jab with force.
    In the previous fight he was constantly ducking down to evade and in fact for both knockdowns he had his head down and didn’t see the punches.

Andy was also saying his best defence was to have his head up and see the punches coming. It was also his best way to attack...

Draw
    I heard Andy Lee talk about it during the week. In camp they were getting Fury to stand up tall and impose his jab with force.
    In the previous fight he was constantly ducking down to evade and in fact for both knockdowns he had his head down and didn’t see the punches.

Andy was also saying his best defence was to have his head up and see the punches coming. It was also his best way to attack...

Something I meant to add..he fought really big and tall...

This was part of the accentuation..

Did any of you watch Martin vs Washington? Poor stuff but a good finish. He’d be a good fight for Wilder to get an easy win

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    Did any of you watch Martin vs Washington? Poor stuff but a good finish. He’d be a good fight for Wilder to get an easy win

Poor fight. Wilder should steamroll him..

Just looking back, the referee and Wilder’s corner likely saved him from serious punishment last night. Fury wasn’t walloping him at the end, but he would have been a short while later..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Ring IQ is a bit of everything really...

Hence my not specifically mentioning it. It’s also subjective..

Simple: it’s HW boxing. Two big men, one quite a heavy puncher. The other, not so much...

Both men shaky chins. Look at their careers....both can be hurt, and badly hurt...

I did forget the most important and basic punch...the jab.

AJs jab us stiff, hard and clean. His timing on it is very good. It sets up his offence better than Fury’s does..

I’ll stick with AJ inside the distance. Hugely confident? No..

I don’t see how either side could be hugely confident.

Have you ever backed fury against a so called elite heavyweight, you seem to have a real dislike of fury.

Draw
    iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Have you ever backed fury against a so called elite heavyweight, you seem to have a real dislike of fury.

Well, considering he has only fought two elites, Wlad and Wilder....no

And I am far from alone in picking the other two here...

And I’d back AJ if they meet...

And nothing whatsoever to do with him as a person. To assess and analyse like this would be just illogical silliness..

And nothing whatsoever to do with him as a person. To assess and analyse like this would be just illogical silliness..

Your dislike of fury is clouding your judgement. Nobody thought he would beat wlad but he didnt get any credit after beating him and again after the first wilder fight he didn't get enough credit, he is well over due all the plaudits at this stage.

Draw
    Seen a lot of pros where calling from around the 5th for Wilder team to step in,
    Whyte seen particularly worried on a video with Johnny Nelson watching it together,
    Bledding from the ears is no joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Seen a lot of pros where calling from around the 5th for Wilder team to step in,
    Whyte seen particularly worried on a video with Johnny Nelson watching it together,
    My taught watching it he could have easily had a bleed on the brain!

Draw

I dont see anything wrong with picking Wlad and Wilder
    Fury very hard to analyse he will just edge out a nobody then rise to the occasion against an elite fighter

Plus the first Wilder fight he was a fat mess before, Im a huge Fury fan and picked Wilder this time as I thought Fury changed camp's very late and Wilder knew he could hurt him, How wrong was I and delighted I was wrong to

Draw
    Your dislike of fury is clouding your judgement. Nobody thought he would beat wlad but he didnt get any credit after beating him and again after the first wilder fight he didn't get enough credit, he is well over due all the plaudits at this stage.

Not sure what you mean..

Go back and look at the predictions for Wlad v Fury...did we all dislike Fury because we picked Wlad...clear majority picked Wlad..

You’re talking nonsense here...

Suggesting that to back against a boxer means you dislike him..

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Stewball

Draw

I thought Wilder's corner should have stopped it after the 6th (I think it was).

He was sitting in his corner, head down, his eyes looked closed and his trainer was talking into his ear - he looked completely out of it at that stage.

Not sure what you mean..

Go back and look at the predictions for Wlad v Fury...did we all dislike Fury because we picked Wlad...clear majority picked Wlad..

You’re talking nonsense here...

Suggesting that to back against a boxer means you dislike him..

So you have backed against him 3 times and you were wrong, if he beats aj that is 0/4, you obviously know your boxing so you must be unconsciously biased against fury to get 4 from 4 wrong.

Draw
    So you have backed against him 3 times and you were wrong, if he beats aj that is 0/4, you obviously know your boxing so you must be unconsciously biased against fury to get 4 from 4 wrong.

Yes. Three times..

And 4 v AJ. What’s your point?

Should I change my pick so folks don’t stupidly interpret the pick as if being based on a personal dislike of Fury?

And BTW, it’s not 4/4 wrong...

One clearly wrong v Wlad. Wilder 1 was a draw.

Wilder 2 he won..

AJ fight hasn’t happened yet....

Yes. Three times..

And 4 v AJ. What’s your point?

Should I change my pick so folks don’t stupidly interpret the pick as if being based on a personal dislike of Fury?

Your going against the law of averages. Its clear as day you dislike fury. A draw with wilder still means youwere wrong, you said wilder would win the first one. I know you never going to admit your bias against fury but the stats back my argument up.

Draw
    Your going against the law of averages. Its clear as day you dislike fury. A draw with wilder still means youwere wrong, you said wilder would win the first one. I know you never going to admit your bias against fury but the stats back my argument up.

Fair enough. If that’s how you interpret these things, so be it...

Seems very stupid to me..

3/3 wrong...not 4/4....

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ

Here's the clip.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. If that’s how you interpret these things, so be it...

Seems very stupid to me..

Yes stupid to you.

Advertisement