Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

• 18-02-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Who is everyone picking?

Think I'm just siding with Fury on points. When Fury is this focused we always see the best of him. Been in the States since before Christmas to train, changed to a more experienced trainer, he clearly isn't taking any shortcuts.

Think we'll see a better Wilder too mind, which is what makes this rematch so great. Just fancy Fury with his elusiveness, powers of recuperation and far superior boxing ability to last 12 and win on the cards.

EQ6g-nfWoAAgKIo?format=jpg&name=large

Wilder or Fury? 143 votes

Wilder Points
    0%
    Wilder via KO/TKO/DQ
    2%
    Tippexmegadodgeheebusjeebus 3 votes
    Draw
    44%
    Dont be at yourselfbuzzerxxloyatemusReq | uTeKHealiogeorgieMbassywalshbT-Birdtanka006big darrazor12345MLC_bikerdotsflanL1m1tlessChieftainbrick tamlandTiGeR KiNgSpawdeecuculainn 63 votes
    Fury Points
    0%
    DankeyKang 1 vote
    Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    53%
    DampsquidCyrusBig Earsdeisedevil[Deleted User]The MajorChrisMFall_GuyBatesyCiaranIREnacho librebanie01johnmlcallaway92SRFC90seligehgittom1iegoalie2eurokevmark_jmc 76 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    I am going with Wilder via KO....

No result would surprise me. I just think that this time around, Wilder will be less scared and cautious and timid in letting his hands go.

Fury can win this if he avoids getting hit hard, and stinks the joint out with his usual pitter-patter boxing, or he could get Wilder out of there if he plants the feet and hits him hard and clean..36 minutes of not getting hit clean by Wilder is a big ask...

I really believe both men's chins are shaky...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Fury on points.

Wilder certainly did not deserve a draw in the first fight, even with those 2 knockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Draw
    Wilder KO

he always finishes the job second time round..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Similar to the ufc, it’s not possible for virgin media customer to watch this fight as it’s only on BT. Very disappointing. Their last fight was fantastic.

Draw
    Similar to the ufc, it’s not possible for virgin media customer to watch this fight as it’s only on BT. Very disappointing. Their last fight was fantastic.

Apart from the couple dramatic moments, their last fight was sh1t..

No different really to Wlad-Fury....in the sense of spoiling and hugging and holding...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Fury to jab his way to a decision.

Draw
    ebbsy wrote: »
    Fury on points.

Wilder certainly did not deserve a draw in the first fight, even with those 2 knockdowns.

This is nonsense, with respect.

Are you suggesting that you could not entertain Wilder being awarded 3 rds out of the 10 rds where there was no knockdowns....?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Just seen an interview with Kugan
    Fury suffering with a cold and cold sores hope he hasn't been to ill, Could be what Hearn was alluding to

Draw
    walshb wrote: »
    This is nonsense, with respect.

Are you suggesting that you could not entertain Wilder being awarded 3 rds out of the 10 rds where there was no knockdowns....?

Fury cleary won close rounds yes but in my eyes and most of boxing Fury clearly won

Draw
    Fury cleary won close rounds yes but in my eyes and most of boxing Fury clearly won

Clearly won close rds?

Some were toss up rds...very very close. Yo cannot win these rds clearly....

It's a nonsense to suggest that a draw could not be achieved..

• Advertisement

Draw
    Clearly won close rds?

Some were toss up rds...very very close. Yo cannot win these rds clearly....

It's a nonsense to suggest that a draw could not be achieved..

There was close rounds that I felt still where Furys,
    No surprise after the bell in the ring some of Wilders team even said to Fury they thought he won ,
    Most of the boxing world had Fury winning that fight,,

Anyway its all if and buts at this stage ,

I think Wilder catches him in 7 this time I hope I'm wrong and Fury gets it done ,

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Fury on points and this old joke explains my thinking...

Paddy gets arrested for beating his wife, the judge asks him "Paddy why do you keep beating her?"

Paddy replies, "I think it's my weight advantage, longer reach and superior footwork!"

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Apart from the couple dramatic moments, their last fight was sh1t..

No different really to Wlad-Fury....in the sens of spoiling and hugging and holding...

Agree, the UK hype machine would have you believe it was a modern classic however most rounds were boring. Typical Fury fight really.

The knock downs saved it as a spectacle.

Draw
    Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    Agree, the UK hype machine would have you believe it was a modern classic however most rounds were boring. Typical Fury fight really.

The knock downs saved it as a spectacle.

Exactky....Fury did a sh1t load of posing and messing and clowning, yet you hear nobody slate him for it...

It's professional boxing....standards just seem to nowhere in this day and age...

Draw
    There was close rounds that I felt still where Furys,
    No surprise after the bell in the ring some of Wilders team even said to Fury they thought he won ,
    Most of the boxing world had Fury winning that fight,,

Anyway its all if and buts at this stage ,

I think Wilder catches him in 7 this time I hope I'm wrong and Fury gets it done ,

Well, that is a spearate discussion, the amout of folks who thought Fury won vs. those who thought it was a draw or a Wilder win....

My point is that it's a nonsense to suggest that you could not argue Wilder winning 5 rds..

Draw
    Well, that is a spearate discussion, the amout of folks who thought Fury won vs. those who thought it was a draw or a Wilder win....

My point is that it's a nonsense to suggest that you could not argue Wilder winning 5 rds..

Its not nonsense its opinion,

Show time and BT both had Fury by 4 points and nearly every pro or ex pro had Fury for the win , As I said the majority of the boxing world thought Fury won the fight ,

Also as I said it doesn't matter now and we get a clear winner ( hopefully ) the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Exactky....Fury did a sh1t load of posing and messing and clowning, yet you hear nobody slate him for it...

It's professional boxing....standards just seem to nowhere in this day and age...

BT have been sharing clips of fury sticking his tongue out at Wilder and all this shíte. They don’t seem to give the knockdowns he suffered anywhere near as much attention.

Draw
    Its not nonsense its opinion,

Show time and BT both had Fury by 4 points and nearly every pro or ex pro had Fury for the win , As I said the majority of the boxing world thought Fury won the fight ,

Also as I said it doesn't matter now and we get a clear winner ( hopefully ) the weekend

It's a nonsense when you say it with such certainty, and don't agree that one could argue that Wilder could also have been given some of the ten rds where there was no knockdowns...

In other words: "I thought Fury won the fight, but I can see that there wee some rds that were close enough, that arguing for Wilder to get them is acceptable."

Draw
    It's a nonsense when you say it with such certainty, and don't agree that one could argue that Wilder could also have been given some of the ten rds where there was no knockdowns...

In other words: "I thought Fury won the fight, but I can see that there wee some rds that were close enough, that arguing for Wilder to get them is acceptable."

Of course you can argue but I think Fury clearly won more rounds than Widler and won the fight even with Wilders 8- 10 rounds,

A round can be close but still obvious that someone edges it ,
    For instance if I land 10 clean shots on you in a round and you land 8 on me , Its close but I'd still win the round,

For me like most of the boxing world Fury should have clearly won a close fight ,

Draw
    Of course you can argue but I think Fury clearly won more rounds than Widler and won the fight even with Wilders 8- 10 rounds,

A round can be close but still obvious that someone edges it ,
    For instance if I land 10 clean shots on you in a round and you land 8 on me , Its close but I'd still win the round,

For me like most of the boxing world Fury should have clearly won a close fight ,

I know close rds can be still kind of clear..

I am saying that some rds were very close, and that they were not "clear" for either man.

• Advertisement

Draw
    I know close rds can be still kind of clear..

I am saying that some rds were very close, and that they were not "clear" for either man.

In your opinion and that fine ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I wonder if the 7 **** a day will have an unintended effect on Tyson? Might lead to a stiff arm and reduce punching power.
    Anyone with personal experience on the matter feel free to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

In your opinion and that fine ,

The draw was fair in my opinion, I think Fury won about 7 rounds but he was knocked down twice which makes the fight incredibly hard to call. Draw was the right result.

Draw
    Any Sky TV people bought this from BT Box Office?

I did. 30 euro.......hope to god now I either stay awake or get up...

Draw
    Any Sky TV people bought this from BT Box Office?

I did. 30 euro.......hope to god now I either stay awake or get up...

I never stay up for them I just not able these days ,

I had planned to set the alarm and get up for it but only yesterday realised its a good friends 40th so if im out for a few beers no way i'll be able to get up

So unfortunately it'll be Sunday morning and the missus is out for breakfast with friends so it'll be mad house with the kids , Which is normally fine but have a 1 month old who needs plenty of attention,

So going be Sunday night before I get to sit down and watch it in detail

Really looking forward to it has real "big" fight feel

I'm still going Wilder but changed to round 5 ko ,
    Iv said it plenty of times I think change of camp and style is wrong choice for Fury , but I hope i'm wrong ,

Draw
    Did anyone catch the latest face off between the two? Two utter knobs.....

Fury is such a fooking poser....

Maybe I am alone, but all this contrived hype and hostility and braggadocio in combat sports is just pathetic...it's not funny, not needed, and just plain stupid! All this nonsense of "selling" the fight........eff off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Did anyone catch the latest face off between the two? Two utter knobs.....

Fury is such a fooking poser....

Maybe I am alone, but all this contrived hype and hostility and braggadocio in combat sports is just pathetic...it's not funny, not needed, and just plain stupid! All this nonsense of "selling" the fight........eff off!

Yeah, there was clip posted of them during the ad break and they were laughing and joking.
    https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1230266967954796552

As soon as the cameras were back on it was back to selling the grudge.

Draw
    Yeah, there was clip posted of them during the ad break and they were laughing and joking.
    https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1230266967954796552

As soon as the cameras were back on it was back to selling the grudge.

I don't think they gave a grudge but they both want to win ,

Fighting for sport is weird you try to make it just about the sport but at times you can forget that and get try to one up your opponent or show you won't be disrespected

You can have moments of being gentlemen and a shared laugh but if your opponent is sitting across from you and answer a question about you , (as in i'll do this that or he can't do this that ) You'll find very quickly you'll respond in kind and that where it gets heated ,

I don't think its manufactured they probably have every intention of being nice to each other but its the question that get you fired up , You don't want to hear someone tell they world what they will do without getting your side out ,

I think Fury has the mental edge , If you notice he can switch from angry squaring up to laughing Wilder can't he always follows Furys lead he get's caught up in it ,In a way Fury can control Wilder's emotions probably why he was so against being around Fury this time ,

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭skaface

What time will the fight actually start at, does anyone know thanks.

• Advertisement

Draw
    skaface wrote: »
    What time will the fight actually start at, does anyone know thanks.

6 fights on main card. Fury the last fight..

Expect 05:30 Irish time start..

Advertisement