Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"None of our children on the list are getting these houses"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    it's money thrown out of the window and it comes from our pockets, I mean us who go to work every day
    The only posters who believe that we have plenty of money to pay for all of these liberal left social programs are the posters not contributing in payroll taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Kivaro wrote: »
    The only posters who believe that we have plenty of money to pay for all of these liberal left social programs are the posters not contributing in payroll taxes.

its like asking somebody who has never even seen an orange how much juice they should be able to get out of an orange and when you show them what they got they tell the guy "not enough, squeeze it more" , its super easy to demand things when you are in no way at risk of having to suffer for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Agree with both posts above

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

n97 mini wrote: »
    If there was plenty of money why we'd have several lines by now.

we wouldn't.
    it's not lack of money that prevents building metro lines, it's political will.
    Kivaro wrote: »

over all that is incorrect i am afraid.
    plenty of us contributers are satisfied that there is money available to build the much needed infrastructure.
    building infrastructure is not a liberal left social program, it's a modernist necessary program.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The issue is with money thrown away to pay social welfare for lazy people
    Infrastructure upgrades are very welcome

• Advertisement

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I don't know it at all but keep dreaming that if it keeps you warm at night.

I live in a social housing/affordable estate and the newest car is a 2016 civic. They must be hiding the Ferrari under the trampolines.

Yes, because only Ferraris cost more than someone in the dole should be able to afford.

What's 2016 Civic set someone back? Assuming I believe you, which I don't. At the very least there's a few taxi drivers in there with nice cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The issue is with money thrown away to pay social welfare for lazy people
    Infrastructure upgrades are very welcome
    And that is the view of most working/contributing people in society.
    building infrastructure is not a liberal left social program, it's a modernist necessary program.
    Totally agree.
    But there is a difference between infrastructure for all citizens versus almost-free houses for just social welfare recipients.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Yes, because only Ferraris cost more than someone in the dole should be able to afford.

What's 2016 Civic set someone back? Assuming I believe you, which I don't. At the very least there's a few taxi drivers in there with nice cars

Well if you don't believe me that say's more about you than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,000 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Idbatterim wrote: »
    RACIST! How hilarious, as usual ireland is just decades behind europe, with most issues and it certaily is with this one! This is going to start escalating, simply not enough resources to keep every one happy...

Well thats bollox. Theres huge resources in this country.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Well thats bollox. Theres huge resources in this country.

We are over €200 billion in debt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭enricoh

DelaneyIn wrote: »

Meh, so what- just tax the rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

enricoh wrote: »
    Meh, so what- just tax the rich!

Ok Mary Lou.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

Do you see a single person here defending the banks and the bail out?

That's like a murder pointing at Hitler and screaming "but sure look what he did".

It's pure deflection. Just because the 2billion isnt the largest waste of tax money doesn't excuse it or mean it should be just accepted.

You can try and deny it but most of us probable know someone that claiming while doing nixers on the side. Trying to pretend it's a huge minority isn't fooling anyone. Any more than your attempt to convince us that the vast majority in social housing are working but poor.

I can go to work tomorrow, walk into an estate and show you brand new cars, some older but expensive cars and **** all people getting the bus to work for 9am. I know it, you know and the other users here now it.

What I don't understand is why genuine people that do actually work and live in social housing, tolerates and defends these people when they are laughing at you just as much as me.

You need counseling bud , paranoia is seething out of you ref social housing,24 Cluid houses in our estate- no as in nada new cars 1 - 2016 ( nursing home worker),rest like mine are 2011- 2012 , AFAIK half +are working,yes there's scrotes who never worked 3 house's but rest are ,or are retired

You need counseling bud , paranoia is seething out of you ref social housing,24 Cluid houses in our estate- no as in nada new cars 1 - 2016 ( nursing home worker),rest like mine are 2011- 2012 , AFAIK half +are working,yes there's scrotes who never worked 3 house's but rest are ,or are retired

But but but everyone has Sky Sports and trampolines and 2 sunny holidays a year and brand new IPhoness etc..... Foreva home something something

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

DelaneyIn wrote:

So what, national debts are regularly rolled over, it's not the end of the world, and it's always important to remember where the majority of that debt came from to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

It's the system I do not like, along with the aforementioned cradle to grave types. What justifies €3000 a month luxury apartments for a pittance, while other people who want to live in the same area have to break their backs to do so?

Ever occur to you that 3000 a month is not its actual value? I'd personally hate to be shackled to a 700k mortgage for the rest of my life. I certainly wouldn't pay it for an apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That, and the fact that most of them are not living in 'luxury' apartments.

But but but everyone has Sky Sports and trampolines and 2 sunny holidays a year and brand new IPhoness etc..... Foreva home something something

I have worked directly in over a dozen estates. I will stay with my own personal knowledge of the estates and people.

Go into Mary mansions Dublin 1. As I type there is a 2018 Merc sitting there beside a nice 2016 Mondeo and a whole heap of cars that are newer than mine or my neighbors. But then we all pay full price for our homes.

How about neilstown?
    Sheriff street?
    Darndale?
    Jugback Lane?
    The liberties?
    Pearse house?
    Gloucester diamond?

Over the past 20 years I have spent many hours on the estates and the houses and dealt with the people. I would be confident that less than 30% work and for some reason completely not related to tax, plenty of those that do seem to have taxis.

Of course there's those that don't work but do as well. Double whammy would any of that nasty tax paying business

I have worked directly in over a dozen estates. I will stay with my own personal knowledge of the estates and people.

Go into Mary mansions Dublin 1. As I type there is a 2018 Merc sitting there beside a nice 2016 Mondeo and a whole heap of cars that are newer than mine or my neighbors. But then we all pay full price for our homes.

How about neilstown?
    Sheriff street?
    Darndale?
    Jugback Lane?
    The liberties?
    Pearse house?
    Gloucester diamond?

Over the past 20 years I have spent many hours on the estates and the houses and dealt with the people. I would be confident that less than 30% work and for some reason completely not related to tax, plenty of those that do seem to have taxis.

Of course there's those that don't work but do as well. Double whammy would any of that nasty tax paying business

I heard they eat swans from the royal canal also and legend has it they all stash gold bars in their attics, the scoundrels.

How about neilstown?
    Sheriff street?
    Darndale?
    Jugback Lane?
    The liberties?
    Pearse house?
    Gloucester diamond?

I agree. I actually had travelers neighbors for a few months, your man was laughing at me going to work in the morning and doing the lawn at the weekend. None of them in the house worked, they bought and sold second hand cars, all cash in the hand

• Advertisement

I heard they eat swans from the royal canal also and legend has it they all stash gold bars in their attics, the scoundrels.

You see that's what your resorting to. Silly made up accusations to counter a valid question that was put to you.

I'll ask again, have to been to those estates and spoke with the people? Can you confidently state the majority are in legal, taxable employment?

I agree. I actually had travelers neighbors for a few months, your man was laughing at me going to work in the morning and doing the lawn at the weekend. None of them in the house worked, they bought and sold second hand cars, all cash in the hand

Have to say, I found the settled travellers beside me to be great neighbors. I can't comment on their jobs as I never asked or was told but they were friendly, helpful and never an ounce of trouble. They were evicted cause the house is for sale after many years there. hope the new owners are as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Have to say, I found the settled travellers beside me to be great neighbors. I can't comment on their jobs as I never asked or was told but they were friendly, helpful and never an ounce of trouble. They were evicted cause the house is for sale after many years there. hope the new owners are as good.

salt_lg.jpg

sounds kinda bull**** to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

How about neilstown?
    Sheriff street?
    Darndale?
    Jugback Lane?
    The liberties?
    Pearse house?
    Gloucester diamond?

you might be "confident" that they don't work but i am afraid for you that is not proof that they don't work.

and yet presumably you never reported it to the revenue.
    sounds kinda bull**** to me

yeah, sure it does.
    presumably it is so because in your mind all travelers are exactly the same dispite the fact they aren't.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

you might be "confident" that they don't work but i am afraid for you that is not proof that they don't work.

and yet presumably you never reported it to the revenue.

yeah, sure it does.
    presumably it is so because in your mind all travelers are exactly the same dispite the fact they aren't.

My last reply pictured a large pile of salt what should the reply be here.

Nah too obvious.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭HelenV

If don't have your own place to live or can't provide them with the living conditions you'd like then why have kids?

Are you of the opinion that it's only the Irish who don't work and are unable to provide for their children?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭HelenV

Bowie wrote: »
    Yeah on feeding and clothing and putting a roof over the heads of the poor, sick and elderly. This needs to stop! :)

Refusing to work is allowed, but you don't get any payment off welfare if you do.

You are circling your epiphany here...I'll help.

High employment.
    Yet all our woes are down to 'them that won't work'.
    Refusing to work will not get you any welfare.
    So it must be people pretending to be unemployed/not looking. But if we've high employment, can there be that many refusing to work? And don't they need sign on and explain themselves and get sent on schemes anyway?
    so....is this small minority of welfare ninjas costing us that much?

Of course you get welfare payments if you refuse to work!

There's many a person working less than 20 hrs per week. They qualify for ALL social welfare benefits including HAP.

I've come across a small family recently who are far better off than most when you tot up 3 days employment tax/PRSI/USC free, FIS, Back to Education Allowance, HAP, Medical Card (doctor, dentist, pharmacy, hospitalisation). Their net income is E800 per week.

There is no benefit to the full-time worker in Ireland - part-time is the only way to go.

It's not the fact that people get social welfare, I fully agree with it for those who have a genuine disability, are sick or the like but certainly not for those claiming a disability because they cannot read or write or are too busy having children they cannot afford without making someone else pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

sounds kinda bull**** to me ;)

To be fair there’s a fair majority that are good law abiding citizens, that don’t cause trouble and aren’t a burden to the state. I live up the road from a council estate full of retired people and settled travellers. The family were recently attacked by a scumbag family of travellers because they rang the gardai on them for stealing their dog and children’s bicycles. The dog and bikes were retrieved and they came out with weapons and broke the mans arm and slashed his face. His pregnant wife was assaulted too.

You won’t find these decent travellers coming out and condemning the behaviour of the scumbags because this is what happens. Decent traveller families get it just as bad or worse. You don’t see either side advocating for these families caught in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If don't have your own place to live or can't provide them with the living conditions you'd like then why have kids?

Captive labour.

Advertisement