Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 6 Nations - Ireland vs Wales match thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Really hope we see more aggression and go from us today, felt so flat last weekend. I can’t see us wining this sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

The last decade has been the most successful in our history, by a long long way.

Whatever suffering you're imagining is entirely self inflicted.

Newsflash for you. Irish rugby didnt begin in the last ten years. Some of us have been supporters for a lot longer than that. Believe me there was a sh*t ton of suffering for a couple of decades prior to that golden era.

And as successful as that period has been, there was plenty of disappointment there too, not to mention twice on the biggest stage of all where completely we sh*t the bed.

Self inflicted my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Don’t think I have ever heard ROG back against Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

pc7 wrote: »
    Really hope we see more aggression and go from us today, felt so flat last weekend. I can’t see us wining this sadly.

It’s our sluggishness that’s bothered me recently. We need to start well at least and unsettle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

There might be a really obvious answer for this, but why did POM introduce all the players to Michael D and not Johnny Sexton?
    Edit: Getting strapping done apparantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Is Sexton playing? POM doing the intros to Mícheál D??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭JRant

DDC1990 wrote: »
    There might be a really obvious answer for this, but why did POM introduce all the players to Michael D and not Johnny Sexton?

Pashun

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

What's going with POM doing the captains duties?

molloyjh wrote: »
    18 months ago was August 2018. 3 months before one of our victories over NZ. Can we leave the hyperbole out of this please.

Yeah fair enough I was inaccurate with the 18 month figure.

But the rest of my point still stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ireland's call makes me cringe every time without fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

The last decade has been the most successful in our history, by a long long way.

Whatever suffering you're imagining is entirely self inflicted.

Over the last decade we have won 2 Championships and 1 GS. Only Wales have been more successful in the 6Ns, with 1 Championship and 2 GS. So basically they won 1 more game in 1 if those Championships. In that time our record vs SH opposition has been out of sight of Wales record against the same opposition. There really has feck all between us in the last decade.

Meanwhile our provinces have basically mopped the floor with theirs in terms of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Voting done so now on to the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Edit: Getting strapping done apparantly.

Sexton doesn't know them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

mangobob wrote: »
    Yeah fair enough I was inaccurate with the 18 month figure.

But the rest of my point still stands.

Nope. See above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

mangobob wrote: »
    Newsflash for you. Irish rugby didnt begin in the last ten years. Some of us have been supporters for a lot longer than that. Believe me there was a sh*t ton of suffering for a couple of decades prior to that golden era.

And as successful as that period has been, there was plenty of disappointment there too, not to mention twice on the biggest stage of all where completely we sh*t the bed.

Self inflicted my arse.

Yes, it is now 30-odd years since I attended my first Ireland game.

That's why I appreciate the success of the last ten years. You choose not to. That's why it's self - inflicted. That's your choice and it's fine but I don't understand the mentality of you hoping we lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Good staet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Good, encouraging start here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Sexton fired up

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

What was bigger at

Sloppy from wales there.

• Advertisement

Ah that's a really poor Scrum

molloyjh wrote: »
    Over the last decade we have won 2 Championships and 1 GS. Only Wales have been more successful in the 6Ns, with 1 Championship and 2 GS. So basically they won 1 more game in 1 if those Championships. In that time our record vs SH opposition has been out of sight of Wales record against the same opposition. There really has feck all between us in the last decade.

Meanwhile our provinces have basically mopped the floor with theirs in terms of success.

Very true. Unfortunately none of that will matter one fecking iota today.

We have seen irish fans trotting out the dominance of Irish clubs over their welsh counterparts ad nauseum and Wales have shown over and over again that their club form is irrelevant when it comes to International rugby. Also what we did 5 years ago is of zero significance today. All that matters is the two squads out there now, and I maintain Wales are in a far better place than we are.

But I would LOVE to be proven wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Crap scrum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Awful scrum

Shocking scrum from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

That’s the seed in Poites head about the Irish scrum now

Yes, it is now 30-odd years since I attended my first Ireland game.

That's why I appreciate the success of the last ten years. You choose not to. That's why it's self - inflicted. That's your choice and it's fine but I don't understand the mentality of you hoping we lose.

:confused::confused::confused:

How on Earth did you get that idea? I think have completely misunderstood my post.

I have never ever hoped we would lose. Believing that we will lose today and hoping for it to happen are two completely different things.

Good to see Stockdale getting a good bit of ball early on

Twice playing the ball on the ground right in front of Poite and he does nothin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

That’s more like it. Until that. More scrum problems?

Advertisement