Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heard admits to beating up Johnny Depp

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The #metoo movement came about as a protest of sexual exploitation of women in the work place.

This case between Depp and Heard is a murky, grey domestic case where you can't say for certain what is the truth.

It's not the #metoo movements fight and they would have probably got a lot more negative reactions than positive for supporting Heard.

To be fair #MeToo would have died on it arse if Weinstein was fit.

Still find it hilarious Dakota Johnson is an avid supporters while trousering millions to perpetuate an abusive relationship on screen. Just cos he has billions, Grey is still a manipulative coercive twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Still find it hilarious Dakota Johnson is an avid supporters while trousering millions to perpetuate an abusive relationship on screen. Just cos he has billions, Grey is still a manipulative coercive twat.

Pssssssssssst. It's just a movie.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Pssssssssssst. It's just a movie.

Tell that to the many many women stating with an abusive man as they believe “my love can change him - Ana did it!”

Genuine quote btw - this won’t end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The #metoo movement came about as a protest of sexual exploitation of women in the work place.

This case between Depp and Heard is a murky, grey domestic case where you can't say for certain what is the truth.

It's not the #metoo movements fight and they would have probably got a lot more negative reactions than positive for supporting Heard.

Well the one thing I do know for certain is that Depp is a wife beater, but you’re right about the metoo movement - celebrities didn’t want to ruin their own careers by being seen to support Amber Heard because she wasn’t the ideal victim.

The public didn’t actually care for who Harvey Weinstein was, or half the unknown power players in Hollywood, but going after a figure beloved by the public like Johnny Depp? Even on this thread we’ve seen how people will defend him and condemn Heard as though there is any equivalence in their behaviour. Depp should be doing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Well the one thing I do know for certain is that Depp is a wife beater, but you’re right about the metoo movement - celebrities didn’t want to ruin their own careers by being seen to support Amber Heard because she wasn’t the ideal victim.

The public didn’t actually care for who Harvey Weinstein was, or half the unknown power players in Hollywood, but going after a figure beloved by the public like Johnny Depp? Even on this thread we’ve seen how people will defend him and condemn Heard as though there is any equivalence in their behaviour. Depp should be doing time.

I don't think it's anything about being the ideal victim.

In this dysfunctional relationship they were both as bad as each other and if Depp should be in jail for assault so should Heard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I don't think it's anything about being the ideal victim.
    Sometime it can even be down to being the ideal enabler. I've know a couple of relationships like that down the years. People who otherwise weren't nightmares in previous or subsequent relationships, but were utterly toxic for each other in one relationship.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Sometime it can even be down to being the ideal enabler. I've know a couple of relationships like that down the years. People who otherwise weren't nightmares in previous or subsequent relationships, but were utterly toxic for each other in one relationship.

Telling that Vanessa Paradis has nothing but glowing words for Depp.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Telling that Vanessa Paradis has nothing but glowing words for Depp.

Is it? Depps drug and alcohol intake increased as he got older. Or maybe he knew that she just wouldn't take his ****?

Is it? Depps drug and alcohol intake increased as he got older. Or maybe he knew that she just wouldn't take his ****?

Oh maybe Heard is a lying, violent harpy.

Oh maybe Heard is a lying, violent harpy.

Or maybe Vanessa is?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I don't know any husbands out there whose wives would tolerate them getting hooped on wine, banger and pills and get away with it.

It is telling that Vanesa Paradis divorced him.

I am sure Johnny Depp would be great craic to spend a weekend with, but by Wednesday afternoon you would have had enough. Can you imagine how bad he smells, all the toxins running through his body? Eugh. A walking ashtray pickled with expensive overpriced red wine and whatever finger food he is gorging on. OMG he sounds so phucking disgusting it almost make me nauseous thinking about him..... I doubt he changes out of his leather trousers that often either, pooooey.

deppsick1-256x300.jpgjohnny-depp.jpgjohnny-depp-2.jpgAmber-Heard-Johnny-Depp.png

Or maybe Vanessa is?

Yeh sure mate whatever - been zero suggestion of that ever but sure slur a woman’s good name to defend a drug addled violent slapper.

Yeh sure mate whatever - been zero suggestion of that ever but sure slur a woman’s good name to defend a drug addled violent slapper.

drug addled and violent seems to describe Depp pretty well too but you only seem to have a problem with her.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I don't know any husbands out there whose wives would tolerate them getting hooped on wine, banger and pills and get away with it.

I am sure Johnny Depp would be great craic to spend a weekend with, but by Wednesday afternoon you would have had enough. Can you imagine how bad he smells, all the toxins running through his body? Eugh. A walking ashtray pickled with expensive overpriced red wine and whatever finger food he is gorging on. OMG he sounds so phucking disgusting it almost make me nauseous thinking about him..... I doubt he changes out of his leather trousers that often either, pooooey.

deppsick1-256x300.jpgjohnny-depp.jpgjohnny-depp-2.jpgAmber-Heard-Johnny-Depp.png

This post reads like it was written by my 11 year old niece - except she’s intelligent.

drug addled and violent seems to describe Depp pretty well too but you only seem to have a problem with her.

Not at all, I have a problem because she’s being painted as the victim which she is very very much not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,341 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Or maybe Vanessa is?

Or maybe there was no domestic violence in the relationship at all.

There is no evidence to suggest he did anything to her so no need to just make things up to suit your own agenda.

There is no evidence to suggest he did anything to her so no need to just make things up to suit your own agenda.

other posters seem to think it is ok to call people they don't know liars so i thought i would join in

Not at all, I have a problem because she’s being painted as the victim which she is very very much not.

I doubt she has the PR agents which the studios fork out for him either.

She is very expendable, he simply isn't. The POTC merchandising cannot afford it if he is a cheeky pirate who also happens to be a drug addict who slaps his wives around, does not go well with the soccer moms after a while, they spend the money.

The only thing Amber Heard has done wrong here is backing herself to marry him, change him up a bit and further her own career, she failed. That makes her ambitious, but all of Hollywood wants a house on the hill too. She is not alone there.

I doubt she has the PR agents which the studios fork out for him either.

She is very expendable, he simply isn't. The POTC merchandising cannot afford it if he is a cheeky pirate who also happens to be a drug addict who slaps his wives around, does not go well with the soccer moms after a while, they spend the money.

The only thing Amber Heard has done wrong here is backing herself to marry him, change him up a bit and further her own career, she failed. That makes her ambitious, but all of Hollywood wants a house on the hill too. She is not alone there.

Absolutely delusional - you’ve got her as a sad little mousey girl being abused and having nowhere to turn.

No PR??? Comical, just comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

He was found in court to be a wife beater.

• Advertisement

Yeah and if you agree with a rag like the Sun you have your own issues.

other posters seem to think it is ok to call people they don't know liars so i thought i would join in

But yet you fail to mention Heard had a domestic violence charge back in 08 where a former partner alleged she hurt her arm, it was later dropped but something actually did happen in that case unlike you coming on making things up about Paradis in your own head.

Yeah and if you agree with a rag like the Sun you have your own issues.

so you're happy to ignore the evidence he gave himself?

I was responding to a poster who suggested Paradis was lying when she said nothing happened when she was with Depp.

At least know the context of the post you are quoting, I don't have time to spoonfeed you.

Absolutely delusional - you’ve got her as a sad little mousey girl being abused and having nowhere to turn.

No PR??? Comical, just comical.

I thought I had the mental capacity of an 11 year old girl?

Am I funny or do I have a learning disability?

It gets boring when all you can do is lob insults back at posters, it shows either a lack of invention or a really lazy personality.

If he was the instigator of the abuse, I doubt she would be violent back. Men are naturallly stronger than women, if he was the aggressor I don't think she would fight back for fear of making the beating worse.

Since both sides were at it, I would say the most likely thing that happened is she pushed, provoked and beat him until he eventually snapped and hit her back.

For 99.9% of men, violence is a last resort and only used after all other avenues have been explored. Men can sense that unwritten code - otherwise we'd all be dead. Women don't have that same genetic wiring. They know they can take a swing and still be spared retribution most of the time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For a start she couldn't divorce him, because she wasn't married to him. She did give him the flick alright, most obviously because he went off with and left her for a woman half his age. He was on the gargle and the rest for donkey's years and before they met and she was still with him and even after they split was keen to back him up on the non wife abuser stuff. As were his other exes like Winona Ryder. Even with the #metoo movement in full swing with lots of skeletons being dragged from closets especially from the 90's and many of those doing the dragging knew Depp, but nada.

Do I think Depp is an alco with drug and ego problems? 100% yes. Do I think he's not the sharpest tool in the shed? Most certainly. Do I think he was an abuser of women before Heard? I honestly doubt it. Do I think he abused Heard? Very likely. Do I think she abused him? Very likely. Hell, she directly admitted it. IMHO there was a pair of them in it, who for various reasons* enabled really stupid and ugly behaviour in each other. That would my albeit personal take anyway.

He stupidly(back to not sharpest tool in the shed) took it to court, in a current climate of #metoo and the like when even hints about men are believed far more than hints about women. He could have just let it lie, let his PR crowd release "exclusive leaks" from Paradis and Ryder and ride it out with a no comment and a sad shake of the head at Heard's accusations. Throw in a few "I truly wish her well" with a sad resolve. But ego and lawyers sniffing money got in the way.

*Him: midlife crisis. Alco and druggie. Has what should have been a fling with young starlet on set. Thought oh god, I'm old, better get in a last hurrah(Jagger: Hold my beer). He pursues for more and finds the reality doesn't match up. When he's sober enough to see reality.

Her: Has what should have been a fling with elder statesman star on set. Thinks OK, it is what it is. He pursues, she thinks maybe and maybe it's good for my career. The reality of a drunken sot who's not the sharpest really doesn't match up to the fantasy, but the cash and attention takes some of the pain away.

Both: comes out in frustration and aggression towards each other from both making a dumb fling into a dumber relationship. Add in vast sums of money that keeps the yes people yessing throughout. Until they stop and try to milk it another way.

Result: He's in the wilderness, but might come back with some rehabilitation(and he got paid in full for the part he was "asked to leave"). She's got one franchise part, but I can see her being otherwise toxic to casting agents. Dumb all over the place from start to finish.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

If he was the instigator of the abuse, I doubt she would be violent back. Men are naturallly stronger than women, if he was the aggressor I don't think she would fight back for fear of making the beating worse.
    Actually studies show that in reciprocal abuse there is both in the mix and women do fight back/kick off abuse. In non reciprocal violence it's more likely it's actually the woman doing the abusing and the men not responding in kind. The difference is small though. IIRC something like 55% are where the woman is the abuser. Where the man is the abuser the women don't fight back. This pair sound more like the reciprocal demographic.
    For 99.9% of men, violence is a last resort and only used after all other avenues have been explored. Men can sense that unwritten code - otherwise we'd all be dead. Women don't have that same genetic wiring. They know they can take a swing and still be spared retribution most of the time.
    Somewhat true, though all bets are off with drink and drugs in the mix. For men and women. There are far more examples of men beating the head off each other and women doing similar after the pubs close than on a Tuesday afternoon.

Since both sides were at it, I would say the most likely thing that happened is she pushed, provoked and beat him until he eventually snapped and hit her back.

i dont suppose you have a source for that? it's just that it sounds like complete bull**** to me.

• Advertisement

i dont suppose you have a source for that? it's just that it sounds like complete bull**** to me.
    Aye the 99.9% stuff is pure conjecture and that's being kind. Though if you look at abuse in general in relationships some broad gender patterns do emerge. The least likely to suffer abuse are Gay male relationships, Heterosexual relationships carry more risk and riskiest of all are Lesbian relationships.

Advertisement