Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heard admits to beating up Johnny Depp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1 though I would say that in long term marriage setups there would be more under the thumb men. That said, in most cases I'm convinced they "like" that, or that's what is or has become comfortable for them. Again in most cases the signs and actions were well in play long before going down the aisle.

'Happy Wife, Happy Life'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Porklife wrote: »
    You seem to be placing the blame 100% at his feet and defending poor sweet Amber. Is that because you can't resist her cute little smile 🙄
    This is clearly not a black and white case, these things rarely are. Have you read about the case because you don't seem to know all that much about it. Have you heard the audio of them fighting and what's your opinion on her admitting that she hit him? How are you so quick to overlook that? Is it because shes soooooo puurrttyy 🙄🙄

If Heard looked like the back of a bus there’d be a hell of a lot fewer men defending her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

In charge how?

I just mean the more dominant one in the relationship, "in charge" was badly expressed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

You seem to be placing the blame 100% at his feet and defending poor sweet Amber. Is that because you can't resist her cute little smile ��
    This is clearly not a black and white case, these things rarely are. Have you read about the case because you don't seem to know all that much about it. Have you heard the audio of them fighting and what's your opinion on her admitting that she hit him? How are you so quick to overlook that? Is it because shes soooooo puurrttyy ����

Yes she is pretty, but she is not influencing my bias on this matter.

From the Libel trial at the Old Bailey

26 February: Mr Depp attends the High Court in London for a preliminary hearing ahead of a trial due to begin the following month. The star heard NGN's barrister Adam Wolanski read out texts sent by Mr Depp, including one from November 2013 to actor Paul Bettany, in which Mr Depp wrote: “Let's burn Amber.

He also wrote: Let's drown her before we burn her!!! I will f*** her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she is dead.” - How very charming

People really need to wake up to what went on and is going on. Depp is a scumbag. Who would ever write that type of text to someone?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/johnny-depp-amber-heard-divorce-court-b1529777.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

There was a 'comedy' sketch doing the rounds on Facebook a while ago where a gang of lads knock in for their mate only to be met by his girlfriend at the door telling them he's not going out. I pointed out the fact that if it was the other way round there would be murder but the vast vast majority of people were laughing at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What, in your opinion, would be worth having sex with someone to whom you are not attracted to, so it's really an unpleasant,soul destroying experience, for? How much enjoyment would her partner get out if having sex with someone who isn't enjoying it? Would you? Is it even relevant to your own enjoyment?

I could point you towards a woman I know who is with a drug dealing chronic heroin addict who sits in the sitting room all day smoking heroin. She openly bad mouths him to her friends.

He has an awful lot of money though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Beltby wrote: »
    I could point you towards a woman I know who is with a drug dealing chronic heroin addict who sits in the sitting room all day smoking heroin. She openly bad mouths him to her friends.

He has an awful lot of money though.

So she's sleeping with him to feed her habit? As a lot if sex workers sleep with strangers for. Hardly "most' women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Most of the good looking or semi good looking women at least have sex with tons of men that's western society these days, not that there's anything wrong with that.

A lot of people don't realise it because they don't exactly make most of these men their boyfriends, it's a harsh reality a lot of people don't want to accept.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Thread cleaned up and a load of responses deleted. Don't feed the trolls folks please.

Any issues, PM me, do not respond to this on thread

Basically the point that guy was making is that women will have casual sex with a lot of men who are let's say above the woman's status in society for lack of a better word but when a woman reaches her 30s the average woman who would be able to have sex with lots of men will then have to lower standards to find a man who will marry her as a lot of men will have sex with a lot of women but would no way ever consider having any kind of relationship with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Hqrry113 wrote: »
    Basically the point that guy was making is that women will have casual sex with a lot of men who are let's say above the woman's status in society for lack of a better word but when a woman reaches her 30s the average woman who would be able to have sex with lots of men will then have to lower standards to find a man who will marry her as a lot of men will have sex with a lot of women but would no way ever consider having any kind of relationship with them.

How is this in any way relevant to Amber Heard and Johnny Depp?!

How is this in any way relevant to Amber Heard and Johnny Depp?!

It's in relation to the conversation of the last 2 pages which all the comments were removed in the last few minutes.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So she's sleeping with him to feed her habit? As a lot if sex workers sleep with strangers for. Hardly "most' women.

Nope, she is clean as a whistle, drives a nice car, and has anything she wants moneywise. And she hasn't worked a day in her life.

Nope, she is clean as a whistle, drives a nice car, and has anything she wants moneywise. And she hasn't worked a day in her life.

Says more about her than him. She hardly represents the majority of women either so completely irrelevant and ridiculous post.

Says more about her than him. She hardly represents the majority of women either so completely irrelevant and ridiculous post.

No it's not irrelevant. And I never said it was representative of all women. It's an example of a type of woman, who certain posters in the thread would have you believe don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

There was a 'comedy' sketch doing the rounds on Facebook a while ago where a gang of lads knock in for their mate only to be met by his girlfriend at the door telling them he's not going out. I pointed out the fact that if it was the other way round there would be murder but the vast vast majority of people were laughing at it.

Reversing the genders would completely change the context of the sketch that made it funny.

Totally different circumstances from Depp losing his case after evidence showed he was indeed a wife beater.

Reversing the genders would completely change the context of the sketch that made it funny.

Totally different circumstances from Depp losing his case after evidence showed he was indeed a wife beater.

I know next to nothing about this matter but is Depp actually a wife beater or did he simply give her a taste of her own medicine in self defense?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,672 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I know next to nothing about this matter but is Depp actually a wife beater or did he simply give her a taste of her own medicine in self defense?

The evidence presented to the Court suggests that he is anyway, and the Judge wasn’t buying the self-defence angle either -

"I accept that the defendants have shown that the words they published were substantially true in the meanings I have held them to bear," Judge Nicol said in his ruling.

Ms Heard detailed 14 occasions of extreme violence when she said the actor choked, punched, slapped, head-butted, throttled and kicked her.

Judge Nicol said he accepted 12 of these accounts were true, including her description of a three-day ordeal of "sustained and multiple assaults" while they were in Australia.

Mr Depp had told the court he was never violent towards his ex-wife, saying her claims were a hoax and that he had lost the tip of a finger after she threw a vodka bottle at him during one particularly ferocious row in Australia.

Judge Nicol rejected his version of how he lost the finger, as well as Mr Depp's characterisation of Ms Heard as a gold-digger and his allegation that her claims were a hoax.

Johnny Depp loses defamation case against The Sun over Amber Heard 'wife-beater' article

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Hopefully karma gets her.

She deserves to die screaming.

Hopefully karma gets her.

She deserves to die screaming.

That's a little harsh

• Advertisement

No it's not irrelevant. And I never said it was representative of all women. It's an example of a type of woman, who certain posters in the thread would have you believe don't exist.

And what type of woman is that? You're describing a woman staying with a junkie cos he has money and affords her a good lifestyle. Seems odd for a heroin addict to be minted and also seems irrelevant why you're telling us this.
    It has nothing to do with domestic violence or this thread.

That's a little harsh

If Depp was the abuser and I said that would you have the same opinion?

I await your reply.

If Depp was the abuser and I said that would you have the same opinion?

I await your reply.

Well apparently he is also the abuser, they both abused each other.

Well apparently he is also the abuser, they both abused each other.

Answer the question.

If I said it about Depp would you take the same stance?

Answer the question.

If I said it about Depp would you take the same stance?

Yes obviously, I don't have some kind of feminist agenda.

Has Depp any history of abuse in previous relationships. Because Heard has.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Has Depp any history of abuse in previous relationships. Because Heard has.

she also has previous for making **** up.

Most talks of boycotts are nothing but hot air but I really, really hope that people follow through with the aquaman sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Kirby wrote: »
    The bottle in question was thrown by her. Its how he lost the tip of his finger.

Also the "black eye" in question was makeup.

If you cared to delve into the actual facts of the case you would know both of these things.

I thought he'd cut it off when doing Edward Scissorhands, my bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It always helps if you're a pretty face.

If he was a pudgy, balding middle aged man he would be savaged by #metoo.

The #metoo movement came about as a protest of sexual exploitation of women in the work place.

This case between Depp and Heard is a murky, grey domestic case where you can't say for certain what is the truth.

It's not the #metoo movements fight and they would have probably got a lot more negative reactions than positive for supporting Heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Depp is no saint, it's clear that he's nasty enough.

But he met his match in the nasty department when he teamed up with Heard.

Advertisement