Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heard admits to beating up Johnny Depp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭iptba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

iptba wrote: »

Id says this is one of the main reasons men do not report or come forward and report the physical and psychological abuse they suffer from women.

As Bill Burr put it: if they know they're right, they're gonna stay on point and make sure that you stay on point; if they're wrong, they're gonna try and push you into a point where they know you're vulnerable so that it won't even matter what the point was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Id says this is one of the main reasons men do not report or come forward and report the physical and psychological abuse they suffer from women.

As Bill Burr put it: if they know they're right, they're gonna stay on point and make sure that you stay on point; if they're wrong, they're gonna try and push you into a point where they know you're vulnerable so that it won't even matter what the point was.

duck and weave,

bill burr is frightenly accurate in that

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

duck and weave,

bill burr is frightenly accurate in that

Yeah, too right.

Why can't women be like us men; straightforward and unflinchingly honest in every word and deed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

That's a good point. When you know you're right and justified in a situation you stay on point. It's very clear in your head. The truth isn't cloudy or blurred. Unfortunately perception and denial are powerful things and are not black and white.
    Memory also plays a huge part and I would imagine in alot of the alleged incidences neither of them were of sober mind. He may remember one version of events and she may genuinely recall a different version. We'll just never know. It seems very unfair though that despite there being audio footage of her clearly abusing him she isn't paying as high a price but again, we don't know what led to that.
    Maybe he pushed her to that point. It all seems so toxic on both sides. Thankfully they're no longer together and a reconciliation is clearly off the cards!
    Hopefully they both move on and learn valuable lessons from this whole fiasco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why do the last few posts read like it was Amber Heards character on trial or it was her decision to do all of this so publicly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

why do the last few posts read like it was Amber Heards character on trial or it was her decision to do all of this so publicly?

Because it should have been.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Because it should have been.

why? it wasn't a criminal trial. It was johnny trying to defend his reputation and instead making it much worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

People can't seem to face up to the fact that deep down Depp is actually a monster. He is a filthy narcissistic animal. I would say he is hell to be around.

When she met him she reckoned she could tame him, not a chance, narcissists are not for changing, the most difficult psychological personality disorder there is.

He throws a bottle of wine at her across a kitchen and gives her a black eye and then decides to sue a newspaper for calling him a wife beater?

The guy is nuts.

Los Alamo wrote: »
    And yet women love him.

Even the metoo movement did nothing to support Amber Heard, it really really stinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

why? it wasn't a criminal trial. It was johnny trying to defend his reputation and instead making it much worse.
    The same mistake Oscar Wilde made.

You spelt “her” wrong there chief, you’re welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Id be the first one to jump to a womans defense but from the very beginning I thought she was lying. I went to see the first fantastic beasts movie with a few friends and one of them brought it up about Johnny Depp being abusive, I said I thought Amber heard was lying and my friends looked at me with disgust.
    Her leaking videos of JD banging press doors in their house and shouting, leaking photos of him drunk and passed out, ive been in an abusive relationship and one thing abusers always do is provoke you to reaction, take your reaction out of context and then use it against you. I had an ex that used to this, he would cheat constantly, one night he came home after being with someone else, tried to provoke me into an argument, rang his friend on his phone without me knowing so they could hear me giving out. I wasnt giving out and was quite calm but he kept saying things to me like 'calm down', 'stop acting crazy' when I was sitting calmly not doing anything. When he didnt get the reaction he wanted, he pulled out his phone to show me he had called his friend who was listening to us. Sometimes he'd record me.
    Amber heard recording Johnny Depp and taking embarrassing photos and videos of him for the world to see was what instantly made me think she was lying as id experienced similar.
    Ive a narcissistic family member that will make up stories and lies about their victim to make themselves look like theyre being abused.
    Abusers go to such strange lengths to ruin someone elses reputation and to turn other people against their victim.
    Tbh, neither of them come out of this looking good, no doubt they both had their part to play but him losing his jobs while she remains the lead actress in a film is disgusting.

You spelt “her” wrong there chief, you’re welcome.

what? dont try to be cryptic. speak plainly.

I feel exactly the same way you do Airy and I'm so sorry to hear you went through that. Recording someone without their knowledge or consent is such a violation and breach of trust.
    He's definitely no angel but she is getting off so much lighter than him and it seems so unfair.
    The audio where she's mocking him and calling him a coward and a baby is shocking.
    Provoking someone to the point where they snap then calling them crazy and using it against them is such vile behaviour.
    Hopefully they both get counselling and anger management and possibly rehab for JD JD although I dont see that happening. I foresees I much darker end to his story and I predict she'll be married again to some other sucker within 5 years.

Porklife wrote: »
    I feel exactly the same way you do Airy and I'm so sorry to hear you went through that. Recording someone without their knowledge or consent is such a violation and breach of trust.
    He's definitely no angel but she is getting off so much lighter than him and it seems so unfair.
    The audio where she's mocking him and calling him a coward and a baby is shocking.
    Provoking someone to the point where they snap then calling them crazy and using it against them is such vile behaviour.
    Hopefully they both get counselling and anger management and possibly rehab for JD JD although I dont see that happening. I foresees I much darker end to his story and I predict she'll be married again to some other sucker within 5 years.

Wasn’t she hooked up with Elon Musk right after Depp made his escape??

Not much of a genius if he got with her !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Aye, but before the carefully crafted with fashion advice and hair transplant American Genius label, he was a very driven, private, extremely nerdy and socially awkward programmer. That awkwardness can still be seen. His wealth and fame was the attraction part for him, rather than any natural ability in that regard, so he could be pretty dopey when it comes to women in general, especially the higher end groupie looking for a leg up types. A worldly Mick Jagger type he is not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Mabye he has a fetish for women sh1tting in his bed. :D

BattleCorp wrote: »

What's the story with that do you reckon?! Didn't she claim it was the dog? Bizarre. If I was him I would have had it examined to decipher if it was human excrement or not. Disgusting and just plain weird.
    I've done my share of partying over the years but often wonder when I read stories about people high on drugs doing really crazy ****...what were they taking?! They must have access to some awesome stuff cos the craziest thing I've done on drugs is talk too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What's the story with that do you reckon?! Didn't she claim it was the dog? Bizarre. If I was him I would have had it examined to decipher if it was human excrement or not. Disgusting and just plain weird.
    I've done my share of partying over the years but often wonder when I read stories about people high on drugs doing really crazy ****...what were they taking?! They must have access to some awesome stuff cos the craziest thing I've done on drugs is talk too much :)

I've known people (person) to do something like that when pissed. I think there was more to it than just being out of their head on drink, though. There was an element of malice involved that the drink have them the courage to follow through (excuse the pun). And of course there is always the possibility that she just shat herself while unconscious from drink/drugs.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

I try not to judge - whatever gets you off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Wibbs wrote: »
    Aye, but before the carefully crafted with fashion advice and hair transplant American Genius label, he was a very driven, private, extremely nerdy and socially awkward programmer. That awkwardness can still be seen. His wealth and fame was the attraction part for him, rather than any natural ability in that regard, so he could be pretty dopey when it comes to women in general, especially the higher end groupie looking for a leg up types. A worldly Mick Jagger type he is not.

The power and control (some) women have over men is something that's rarely discussed.

Think of all the families you know. In how many is it the woman who 's really in charge? Most of them in my experience.

Mature powerful rich men will risk it all for the sideways glance of a pretty girl. We all know this. It's a dynamic that gets very little airtime. Or if it is explored, it's framed as male weakness rather than female power.

The power and control (some) women have over men is something that's rarely discussed.

Think of all the families you know. In how many is it the woman who 's really in charge? Most of them in my experience.

Mature powerful rich men will risk it all for the sideways glance of a pretty girl. We all know this. It's a dynamic that gets very little airtime. Or if it is explored, it's framed as male weakness rather than female power.

In my experience its about 50:50 I have some friends who are clearly 'under the thumb' with their wife calling the shots but equally I know alot of my female friends, myself included, who have been in relationships with abusive men be it physical, emotional or both.
    I think alot of it comes down to self respect, confidence and self esteem. I was in a vulnerable position when I met my ex and I had very little confidence. He was so good looking and charming and I felt so lucky to be with him that when he first hit me, I apologised to him afterwards. I believed I had pushed him to it because I'm so unbearable. He told me he never hit his ex because she was an amazing girl and I felt so guilty I had turned a once docile man violent.
    Turns out he had beaten the life out of his ex and she was terrified of him. We became friends years later and it all came out.
    Had I been a self assured confident woman theres no way I would have let myself be treated like that.
    Abusers pick their victims and their victims are often going through a difficult time, addicts, have low self worth or are so in love they're blinded by them.
    Amber Heard is so stunning no doubt she makes men fall head over heels quickly and then the abuse creeps in.
    JD couldn't have been easy to be around either though. Living with an addict is perpetual hell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In my experience its about 50:50 I have some friends who are clearly 'under the thumb' with their wife calling the shots but equally I know alot of my female friends, myself included, who have been in relationships with abusive men be it physical, emotional or both.
    +1 though I would say that in long term marriage setups there would be more under the thumb men. That said, in most cases I'm convinced they "like" that, or that's what is or has become comfortable for them. Again in most cases the signs and actions were well in play long before going down the aisle.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    People can't seem to face up to the fact that deep down Depp is actually a monster. He is a filthy narcissistic animal. I would say he is hell to be around.

When she met him she reckoned she could tame him, not a chance, narcissists are not for changing, the most difficult psychological personality disorder there is.

He throws a bottle of wine at her across a kitchen and gives her a black eye and then decides to sue a newspaper for calling him a wife beater?

The guy is nuts.

The bottle in question was thrown by her. Its how he lost the tip of his finger.

Also the "black eye" in question was makeup.

If you cared to delve into the actual facts of the case you would know both of these things.

Kirby wrote: »
    The bottle in question was thrown by her. Its how he lost the tip of his finger.

If you cared to delve into the actual facts of the case you would know both of these things.

It’s easier to be lazy and portray men as evil rather than address the uncomfortable truth that we as women can be ****ing animals.

Kirby wrote: »

I don't need to.

Any man who lays a finger on his wife in a violent manner is a complete scumbag, I don't care how famous he is.

He pays PR teams in Los Angeles millions of dollars to keep his good name. The studios are fuming because they are losing a big star.

But he is wide beater at the end of the day, a wife beater with a cheeky cute little smile.

I don't need to.

Any man who lays a finger on his wife in a violent manner is a complete scumbag, I don't care how famous he is.

He pays PR teams in Los Angeles millions of dollars to keep his good name. The studios are fuming because they are losing a big star.

But he is wide beater at the end of the day, a wife beater with a cheeky cute little smile.

Change wife to husband and that describes Heard.

I don't need to.

You seem to be placing the blame 100% at his feet and defending poor sweet Amber. Is that because you can't resist her cute little smile 🙄
    This is clearly not a black and white case, these things rarely are. Have you read about the case because you don't seem to know all that much about it. Have you heard the audio of them fighting and what's your opinion on her admitting that she hit him? How are you so quick to overlook that? Is it because shes soooooo puurrttyy 🙄🙄

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

In charge how?

Advertisement