Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

Could spend all today (and the past weekend) stressing and then still very likely we mightnt hear anything today! So unfair!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

Iso_123 wrote: »
    When I click on the results link, my august sitting results are still there.. Does anyone think this means that we might not get the results today? The website still hasn't been updated either! What a joke honestly

I there any chance you could post that link to the results? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saved.bythelaw

Was told this morning by the law society they dont know if its even today the results will be out and don't know what time or date.....
    I was then put through to whoevers in charge in the FE1 section and was brought to voicemails.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

I there any chance you could post that link to the results? Thanks

This is it:
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/Public/Become-a-Solicitor/FE-1-Exam/FE1-Results/

still no update from august though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

So I just rang them.

The receptionist usually puts through to the FE1 section, but this time was given a script message to relay to any callers for that section. I said that wasn't good enough and she put me through. I spoke to Carmel I believe, and she said that an email would be going out today with an update, but couldn't say what the email was about.

I did complain and say that there was already to be an email a week ago and that the communication on their behalf was terrible. They basically pawned it off onto the education officer as who is to blame.

• Advertisement

Was told this morning by the law society they dont know if its even today the results will be out and don't know what time or date.....
    I was then put through to whoevers in charge in the FE1 section and was brought to voicemails.

Honestly that’s such bullsh*t. It’s less than 2 months to the next round and almost 9 weeks since the last round finished! It’s so infuriating and we’re so powerless! Completely at the law socs mercy and they treat us terribly!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Fe7 wrote: »
    So I just rang them.

The receptionist usually puts through to the FE1 section, but this time was given a script message to relay to any callers for that section. I said that wasn't good enough and she put me through. I spoke to Carmel I believe, and she said that an email would be going out today with an update, but couldn't say what the email was about.

I did complain and say that there was already to be an email a week ago. They basically pawned it off onto the education officer as who is to blame.

Thanks for the update! Did she even say when the email would be going out?

Thanks for the update! Did she even say when the email would be going out?

She said this afternoon/3pm-ish. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Iso_123 wrote: »
    When I click on the results link, my august sitting results are still there.. Does anyone think this means that we might not get the results today? The website still hasn't been updated either! What a joke honestly

Yea that’s exactly what I was thinking, I was holding out hope they’d be released at 10am like they usually are, but nothing yet so now I’m thinking they probably won’t be released today!

So annoying as I emailed on Friday and was told the provisional release date is Monday 11th, you’d think if they were planning on releasing it on Monday they’d have everything finalised and ready to go on the Friday, I’ve never seen an organisation to be so last minute and unprepared for everything they do

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Seriously, seriously disappointing news from the Law Society.

I suggest that if you get the time, to voice these concerns with the Law Society. The only way they seem to respond to complaints is when they are made by the masses. Hopefully at the very least it will bring about some change for the next sitting. Disgraceful treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Great. So now to waste an entire day, and possible all ****ing week waiting for results when they've had 9 weeks to correct them, when the usual time is 6 weeks. And nobody can give anyone a straight answer. The end of the law school can't come soon enough. I've seen better clerical officers work for Intreo offices and that's saying something.

I literally can't study until I get these results.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

What is actually going on ! 9 weeks later. Provisional access bring granted to people WITHOUT knowing their results....something does not seem right with all of this. Is there anyone more senior in the LS that can be accountable for this fiasco?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

This is actually shambolic :-(

I'm in the UK and there's been SO much outrage about GCSEs recently, whereas imo our plight equals that or arguably outweighs it but no one gives a sh1t lol. Not having a pity party but feeling very hard done by and it sucks to be honest

Their mission statement is a joke.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/About-Us/Service-Statement/

"The Law Society of Ireland is committed to providing a high standard of service to our members, students, stakeholders and members of the public at all times. We act with the highest possible standards of integrity, fairness and independence as we work to fulfil our Vision and Mission in accordance with our Values.

Mission:

To provide excellent legal education and training.

Enquiries:
    We will..

Work to make all of our communications with you straightforward, clear and concise.

Respond to all enquiries promptly. If we are unable to respond with a full answer to your question, we will let you know we’re looking into it and when you can expect an answer. If we are out of the office, we will let you know who to contact in our place through our voicemail or out-of-office email."

...really?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

The way the whole FE1 results system is run, with their failure to provide any information to candidates and their inability to answer phone calls/emails is an absolute joke. It really is amazing that they are allowed to operate as they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

They didn’t even answer the phone to me , called 3 times.
    I feel like calling Joe Duffy 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

So we don't yet know if results are to be released today or not? I would assume they will be as that was the provisional date listed. You can probably assume they will be released later this afternoon. Until we get confirmation that they won't be released today, I don't think we need to panic.
    I feel like calling Joe Duffy ��

That would be hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

I messages them on Facebook and got a reply four minutes later “ sorry for any confusion. The results are provisionally scheduled for this week, though the FE-1 team will email candidates as soon as the release is confirmed.”
    I’m assuming this means no results today unfortunately.

Fe7 wrote: »
    She said this afternoon/3pm-ish. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well considering they said we’d get results this week and that we’d get an email a week in advance, I’m going to assume this is just more lies and bullsh*t they use to shut us up

(Thank you for sharing though lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Healyjhow wrote: »
    I messages them on Facebook and got a reply four minutes later “ sorry for any confusion. The results are provisionally scheduled for this week, though the FE-1 team will email candidates as soon as the release is confirmed.”
    I’m assuming this means no results today unfortunately.

You would think this year of all of years they would do their best to stick to the provisional release date given already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Hazel774 wrote: »
    Well considering they said we’d get results this week and that we’d get an email a week in advance, I’m going to assume this is just more lies and bullsh*t they use to shut us up

(Thank you for sharing though lol)

Now that I think of it, I’m sure when we got the results for the August sitting, I literally got an email at about 3pm in the afternoon saying something along the lines of “the results are now available, click here”.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

I feel like calling Joe Duffy ��

Somehow I'm not sure if future solicitors are going to find the most sympathetic audience to our woes on Joe Duffy haha!

I feel like calling Joe Duffy 🙈

That’s feeling like one of our only options at this stage! I’ve emailed the law society raising plenty concerns previously and never even gotten a reply so I genuinely think they’d ignore us even if every single FE1 candidate complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Why am I not surprised by any of this? Shocking really.

We’re actually closer to the next sitting than the last
    I’m just at a total loss as to what to do!

I can’t get into study without knowing how many exams I am sitting! I can’t even make a study plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Now that I think of it, I’m sure when we got the results for the August sitting, I literally got an email at about 3pm in the afternoon saying something along the lines of “the results are now available, click here”.

This did happen in August for candidates waiting on their last results and eligible for Blackhall in September.

That’s feeling like one of our only options at this stage! I’ve emailed the law society raising plenty concerns previously and never even gotten a reply so I genuinely think they’d ignore us even if every single FE1 candidate complained.

Its terrible. We're always starting a petition it seems by the time results or exams roll around for one reason or another. We should just start one that highlights the amount of issues we have with them that do not follow their mission statement whatsoever.

Not me tho, I'm too busy but I'll sign and support haha.

I didn’t get any email at all for the August results, luckily someone posted here that they were out

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Hazel774 wrote: »
    I didn’t get any email at all for the August results, luckily someone posted here that they were out

Yeah they didn't send an email out, they just ghost released them and some poster here happened to check on the off chance and spread the word here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Yes, that’s true, but you would assume that if they planned on releasing the results today, they would let us know to that effect this morning. Although they could be working towards that and they’re not sure themselves regarding a release date/time. Hard to know really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement