Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ann1994

Can I ask what topics people are covering for EU and Equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

fe12020oct wrote: »
    CONSTITUTIONAL

for property is it worth learning planning permission/licenses/milk quotas etc or would i be ok with basic definition of property with unjust attack and common good/social justice/compensation and tie in with right to earn livelihood?? any advice appreciated :)

For constitutional, property rights, I only have unjust attack/ compensation... I did a prep course and they never mentioned anything about licenses or milk quotas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jip000

Any hints/tips for property? Ive covered the following,

Adverse possession
    succession
    finding
    family property
    land registration
    co-ownership

any advice would be much appreciated !

Same here, but I think adding easements would be a good idea. Im also giving some specific attention to s117 applications and admission of extrinsic evidence but thats just a feeling i have:) Best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Hazel774 wrote: »
    For constitutional, property rights, I only have unjust attack/ compensation... I did a prep course and they never mentioned anything about licenses or milk quotas etc.

Did they have any predictions on the course by chance? :D

For Constitutional Law, is each Problem Question usually centred around one particular topic? Or does he ask several topics in one problem question.

He tends to mix a few topics into questions usually.

• Advertisement

rickmatt wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anyone be able to send me the Constitutional Night before Notes from City Colleges, subscribed to their page amd all that but still haven't received the email :(

https://citycolleges.ie/night-before-notes-2020/?fbclid=IwAR3zQFrthcMPhznEChtUz5Z0nOHqyEe5J1DpibcBKT_khjudGi8odAruPYk

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fe1toomany

Does anybody know if the Explanatory Document that came with the LCLRA 2009 can be used tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

fe1toomany wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the Explanatory Document that came with the LCLRA 2009 can be used tomorrow?

No it’s not permitted - just the SA and 2009 act itself

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    Did they have any predictions on the course by chance? :D

No :(
    None at all unfortunately, and every topic seems important for constitutional

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawStudent96

Whoever posted the recent provocation case of DPP v McNamara yesterday, big thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Whoever posted the recent provocation case of DPP v McNamara yesterday, big thank you :)

I literary just copied that whole article! It was a life save as well, I thought I had 5 questions done and at 1pm realized I had only 4, so I literally just wrote what I remembered from that article, prob not enough to get great marks but hopefully enough to pass!!! :(

How was the criminal paper? What came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

awsah wrote: »
    I literary just copied that whole article! It was a life save as well, I thought I had 5 questions done and at 1pm realized I had only 4, so I literally just wrote what I remembered from that article, prob not enough to get great marks but hopefully enough to pass!!! :(

I don't mean to say you're incorrect or anything but did the question not say that you don't need to talk about the judgement from that case? Was it not a question on provocation in Ireland in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Samuma

Well done to everyone on getting this far. Criminal was a fair paper. I didn't cover enough to be able to answer them all sufficiently but I tried my best.

I just realised during that that you can hide the camera view of yourself so that it's not on the screen :o i've spent a good 20 minutes in both exams looking into the camera at my hair...no judgments please. It's stress relief.

I don't use a watch and used the clock on the wall and i'm still looking all around and staring into space out of habit. Paranoid as *unk now that it'll look suspicious.

Please someone assure me that you're doing the same? I also had to get up to plug in my laptop charger but they'd see me doing that action as the socket on the wall behind me?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

I don't mean to say you're incorrect or anything but did the question not say that you don't need to talk about the judgement from that case? Was it not a question on provocation in Ireland in general?

Yes but I used the outcomes like what they said and put it back into mc eoin etc and what the law reform said, most of it was on the judgement but not all and the question didn't explicitly say not to refer to the judgment so I think it would be relevant, nothing i can do about it now anyway I was just happy to get a fifth question done

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Is yellow the only colour available on the highlighter? Forgot to check yesterday. Papers like contract will have mixed topic questions, so a few other colours would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Is yellow the only colour available on the highlighter? Forgot to check yesterday. Papers like contract will have mixed topic questions, so a few other colours would be handy.

There are four highlighter colours

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

does your computer clock remain at the top of your screen when doing the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

AlexTG356 wrote: »

I think there's different colours! Does anybody know if the examiner can see the sticky notes? I wonder will they take them into consideration

LS3 wrote: »

No but there’s a countdown clock of the exam time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Buttonbean123

StabiloLaw wrote: »
    I logged in pretty much exactly at 9.30 and I didn't have any issues.

I’ve logged in at 10.30 both mornings and was given the full 3.5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Samuma wrote: »
    Well done to everyone on getting this far. Criminal was a fair paper. I didn't cover enough to be able to answer them all sufficiently but I tried my best.

I just realised during that that you can hide the camera view of yourself so that it's not on the screen :o i've spent a good 20 minutes in both exams looking into the camera at my hair...no judgments please. It's stress relief.

I don't use a watch and used the clock on the wall and i'm still looking all around and staring into space out of habit. Paranoid as *unk now that it'll look suspicious.

Please someone assure me that you're doing the same? I also had to get up to plug in my laptop charger but they'd see me doing that action as the socket on the wall behind me?

Yep I realised halfway that I was talking to myself out loud, staring into space and shaking my head. If someone watches i look like a crazy person Hahaha. We will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Essdot11

FE1new wrote: »
    Yep I realised halfway that I was talking to myself out loud, staring into space and shaking my head. If someone watches i look like a crazy person Hahaha. We will be fine.

I really hope you’re right.. I left my watch beside my laptop today and looked at it constantly, really think I’ll get flagged for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

How was the criminal paper? Any surprises in content or format? Well done to you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

LS3 wrote: »

I think it's obscured a lot by the autosave icon? I couldn't see the timer a lot of the time when I looked so thank god I had an actual clock on my desk as a backup - would recommend this!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Anon3ymous

Hello there

What is everyone studying for Equity?

I'm hitting:
    Purpose Trusts
    Resulting Trusts
    Express Trusts
    Tracing
    Trustees
    Rectification
    Rescission
    Equitable Estoppel
    Specific Performance

Am I covered? What do we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Twinings2016

Constitutional

Hi all, does anyone have an essay on Equality that they wouldn't mind sharing?? Would really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Anyone who did the criminal can I check the following:

What did you answer for the sexual offences where Peter removed the condom?

And

The police recording of Allen and Barry agreeing to rob a house.

Can for the life of me remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bazu

That was a tricky one, tbh. I'm not sure there is a specific case but I think it just tied back to what they had agreed to prior. So hinged on how fraud and deceit can vitiate consent. I cited C re the definition and the other fraud stuff.

Fingers crossed that was the right answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 loucorkel1997

I have easements, adverse possession, co-ownership, succession and licences learnt for property what other topic do I need to make sure I’m safe ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement