Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Constitutional

Hi guys, I am looking at Courts & the Judiciary now, mainly focusing on the below... does anyone have any suggestions as to what potentially could be left out or maybe to add stuff?

i) Administration of Justice in Public
    ii) Re. independence of the Judiciary - just going to look at Curtin.
    iii) the Judicial Power - just looking at Buckley v AG (Sinn Fein Funds), Conclusive Evidence and Sentencing&Detention (a few recent imp SC cases here).

And will possibly just leave it at that? Or will ppl be leaving out this chapter entirely as the Gilchrist Q came up in March. Any thoughts?

I doubt an essay on admin of justice in public will come up again but i covered the chapter anyway in case it comes up as a problem with freedom of expression or something like that! I also only did curtin for the judicial independence and then I think I have a few cases each for article 34 and 37 on judicial power

• Registered Users Posts: 34 baloo21

Anyone else finding it very distracting that the US Election is happening at the same time? Really splitting my focus...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

LS3 wrote: »
    Can someone please help me out and tell me what theyre studying for constitutional. struggling with 30 chapters...

SOP, Equality, Property Rights, Cons Interpretation, Trial in Due Course, Judicial Review, Liberty, FO Expression/Assembly/Communication, Unenum. rights, Challenging referenda, Sovereignty, President & AG.

Having a look at recent cases also - Kerins/Damache/Corcoran/Gemma O'D/Burke

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    SOP, Equality, Property Rights, Cons Interpretation, Trial in Due Course, Judicial Review, Liberty, FO Expression/Assembly/Communication, Unenum. rights, Challenging referenda, Sovereignty, President & AG.

Having a look at recent cases also - Kerins/Damache/Corcoran/Gemma O'D/Burke

Which Burke case is this now?
    That family from Mayo?

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    Which Burke case is this now?
    That family from Mayo?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/siblings-banned-for-life-from-nuig-societies-refuse-college-s-offer-1.3928544

Not as high profile as the others but might be still worth looking over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Contract...void and illegal contracts leave out or worth studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Jeremiah25 wrote: »

Thanks, their little brother's case from August might be a handy recent one to throw in for Education/Equality/Fair procedures?
    https://www.courts.ie/acc/alfresco/dc8d00b6-a3b4-4d95-9a7a-05852c153f6b/2020_IEHC_418.pdf/pdf#view=fitH

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

Has anybody got a summary of the new McNamara test for provocation?

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    Thanks, their little brother's case from August might be a handy recent one to throw in for Education/Equality/Fair procedures?
    https://www.courts.ie/acc/alfresco/dc8d00b6-a3b4-4d95-9a7a-05852c153f6b/2020_IEHC_418.pdf/pdf#view=fitH

Absolutely. This constitutional paper won't know what hit it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smiley1989

Could anyone here please send me on an exam grid for constitutional?

I have EU past papers and sample answers or condensed equity notes I can exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

Has anybody got an up to date property exam grid? cutting it tight at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

Has anybody got a summary of the new McNamara test for provocation?

https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/criminaljusticenotes/2020/07/30/the-provocation-defence-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

Has anybody got an up to date property exam grid? cutting it tight at this stage

i do PM me your email

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

Just a bit worried about company today wondering how anyone experienced the marker is it marked particularly difficult? Just from anyone’s experience as I felt for me I am not sure how I did. Thank you in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Fe1 2020

Jenosul wrote: »
    Just a bit worried about company today wondering how anyone experienced the marker is it marked particularly difficult? Just from anyone’s experience as I felt for me I am not sure how I did. Thank you in advance

I'd appreciate this feedback too 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Contract...void and illegal contracts leave out or worth studying?

I’m leaving them out. Going to focus on the more frequent topics and hope for the best! Void contracts have never come up

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Jenosul wrote: »

I passed it in March. I would say the marker is neither harsh nor easy, just fair. Similar to the marking for Tort.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

anyone have any tips for spotting if a problem is on mandatory interlocutory injunction?

also wondering what would ye say is the appropriate test now for mandatory interlocutory injuntions?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Criminal

What are people's thoughts on leaving out public order offences and the presumption of innocence?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

FE1Pleb wrote: »
    Criminal

What are people's thoughts on leaving out public order offences and the presumption of innocence?

I’m leaving out public order but covering innocence

Edit: Just realised I don’t have the brain capacity to cover innocence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

I’m leaving out public order but covering innocence

Not a bad call. Seems like an unnecessary risk sweating over a small one

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Hey is anyone else a bit worried they will be flagged on proctorio today? Was looking at my legislation for a lot of the exam myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

Hey is anyone else a bit worried they will be flagged on proctorio today? Was looking at my legislation for a lot of the exam myself

I’m so worried about this - I tend to sit with my shoulders tilted to the side and look to the side a lot when typing

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Yeah I am but not so much for the legislation more because I only realised during the exam that i tend to talk/whisper to myself hahah so the microphone would probably pick that up? and I also had to use a remote to turn the heater on/off so im worried theyll think i was doing something weird there too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

FE1Pleb wrote: »
    Not a bad call. Seems like an unnecessary risk sweating over a small one

Innocence came up in March 2020 so it might not make a reappearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Contract predictions anyone? Anything relatively safe to leave out?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

I ordered past papers but not sure they're going to deliver on time now, been a good while. Unsure whether I should give out about an post, law society, or to be fair - myself!

For property: I have all papers until spring 2019 if anyone needs any (for any subject), and hoping someone could give me an idea of the topics from autumn 19 and spring 20 ?

Thank you

Autumn 2019

Anon3ymous wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Criminal Law March 2020 exam paper or know what came up?

Not sure of this is it

awsah wrote: »
    Not sure of this is it

Wrong file, pm me ur email and il send it to you

• Advertisement

awsah wrote: »
    Wrong file, pm me ur email and il send it to you

Ok this should be it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement