Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

I have easements, adverse possession, co-ownership, succession and licences learnt for property what other topic do I need to make sure I’m safe ?

Either Family Property, Landlord and Tenant Law or mortgages

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Has law society replied to anyone’s emails today? Can’t get through to them

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

What are people doing for licences in property?

Estoppel and rights of residence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

Has law society replied to anyone’s emails today? Can’t get through to them

Ring and ask for Paula sheedy

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HU123

bazu wrote: »
    That was a tricky one, tbh. I'm not sure there is a specific case but I think it just tied back to what they had agreed to prior. So hinged on how fraud and deceit can vitiate consent. I cited C re the definition and the other fraud stuff.

Fingers crossed that was the right answer.

I used the case of DPP v Sherlock it was similar to the facts of that question and he was convicted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

Is criminal quality over quantity? I couldn't get in for ages was so stressed and then when I got in head was all over the place. I type very little for each question but answered maybe 6.5 cause I can type fast and thought why not and I felt my 5 alone were far from great. Its hard to know when you are used to writing whats acceptabl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

CMUL wrote: »
    Is criminal quality over quantity? I couldn't get in for ages was so stressed and then when I got in head was all over the place. I type very little for each question but answered maybe 6.5 cause I can type fast and thought why not and I felt my 5 alone were far from great. Its hard to know when you are used to writing whats acceptabl

You only get marked for 5 questions they can’t take anything else into account

FE1new wrote: »
    Anyone who did the criminal can I check the following:

What did you answer for the sexual offences where Peter removed the condom?

And

The police recording of Allen and Barry agreeing to rob a house.

Can for the life of me remember.

I answered it on conspiracy

FE1new wrote: »
    Anyone who did the criminal can I check the following:

What did you answer for the sexual offences where Peter removed the condom?

And

The police recording of Allen and Barry agreeing to rob a house.

Can for the life of me remember.

I answered it on conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Well after doing 3 in a row I'm going to take the evening off and start preparing for EU tomorrow, if anyone has any predictions/guaranteed topics i will gladly hear them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 FE12020Law

Anyone else's confidence regrading law taking a battering when it comes to these exams? In my undergrad and postgrad I was consistently getting 2.1s/1.1s in all my law modules. When it comes to the Fe1s 3 of the exams I passed where all just over 50. I'm starting to think I might not be cut out for law. If I'm finding it this hard now who knows what the PPC course will be like. I don't fancy not being able to make it at the last stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

Samuma wrote: »
    Well done to everyone on getting this far. Criminal was a fair paper. I didn't cover enough to be able to answer them all sufficiently but I tried my best.

I just realised during that that you can hide the camera view of yourself so that it's not on the screen :o i've spent a good 20 minutes in both exams looking into the camera at my hair...no judgments please. It's stress relief.

I don't use a watch and used the clock on the wall and i'm still looking all around and staring into space out of habit. Paranoid as *unk now that it'll look suspicious.

Please someone assure me that you're doing the same? I also had to get up to plug in my laptop charger but they'd see me doing that action as the socket on the wall behind me?

I doubt it'll look suspicious I think most of us need to take a break from the screen when we're thinking - I spent half of my exam looking at the wall and eating biscuits. Also sprinted out to the toilet and back in.

In the photo of my ID I'm fully sticking my tongue out in the background because I had to focus really hard to fit it into the green box. Did anyone else struggle with this?? It took me ages to get it!

I also thought the paper was nice I just timed it badly but this was my first fe1 so hopefully the next will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

Just to clarify - those of you who did Company didn't have to show the legislation at any point, right?

FE12020Law wrote: »
    Anyone else's confidence regrading law taking a battering when it comes to these exams? In my undergrad and postgrad I was consistently getting 2.1s/1.1s in all my law modules. When it comes to the Fe1s 3 of the exams I passed where all just over 50. I'm starting to think I might not be cut out for law. If I'm finding it this hard now who knows what the PPC course will be like. I don't fancy not being able to make it at the last stage.

I felt the same sometimes but don't be thinking that about yourself, they're horrible exams and much more material to learn than in college but I think we're all in the same boat! You'll be grand and PPC is meant to be easier than these from what I've heard :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

So essentially what you’re saying is you’ve passed every exam so far that you’ve done. Of course you’re cut out for it. Give yourself credit

• Registered Users Posts: 38 htnor

Trust me you aren't alone! These exams mess with your head seriously. I never failed an exam in college or ever really. And not enough people talk about the failure. This will be my 4th sitting and have failed a few so I understand. You have passed 3 so just keep going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

KCSLAW wrote: »
    Just to clarify - those of you who did Company didn't have to show the legislation at any point, right?

No we didn’t! I held up the book at the start to show that is what I would be looking at but I didn’t flick through it or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ianmc97

I was getting a b average in college for law and I can absolutely say I'm at a far far higher standard now and better study and I've not seen past 60 in my opinion the grade you need to get to pass these exams is a top notch standard so I wouldn't be getting disheartened.

on the ppc courses I've obviously not started mine yet but from what I've heard it's more about preparing you to become a solicitor than testing you. you've paid the bones of 10g for the 'honor' of it and have a firm waiting for you as fat as I know you dont get failed and thrown out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

do we have to learn all of specific performance in equity or can we narrow it to contracts for services and defences?
    also wondering anyone got any clear notes on cypres docterine i cannot get my head around it im really struggling with it but dont want to leave it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

Everyone feels the same don't worry! Once you get 50% or above you've done well, there are awards for highest marks in each exam and from what I've heard people will be getting those awards with grades in the 70's.... and that's the best results out of everyone! Most of us were the same getting 1:1/ 2:1 in college and now scraping a pass in the FE1's, but that's all you need and the firms don't care what your result is once you passed :)
    You're doing well if you're passing these and also PPC is meant to be a lot easier and is also examined as open book exams

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

I have easements, adverse possession, co-ownership, succession and licences learnt for property what other topic do I need to make sure I’m safe ?

Do finding if you can! It's easy and it's short - look at the examiner's reports for a finding question and the examiner outlines the exact answer they want, it's the same every time, the examiner's report is practically a sample answer you can rote learn and it would be a handy question if it came up

What should I cover for equity?

Find it such a tough subject so have a big weekend ahead so any advice is much appreciated :/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

I’m doing these without a law degree. It’s a bit daunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Would anyone know what to say for reform for easements?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Does anyone know has the EU examiner changed in the last few years? I know it’s Caoimhin now but has it always been him? The exam papers are tougher between 2015-2017 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Anon3ymous

Does anyone have the night before notes for Equity or Contract?

Would be very cool if you did

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

jip000 wrote: »
    Same here, but I think adding easements would be a good idea. Im also giving some specific attention to s117 applications and admission of extrinsic evidence but thats just a feeling i have:) Best of luck to you!

Most predictable subject of all. Adverse possession plus 2 x succession cases are guaranteed. Landlord and tenant also almost certain. That’s 4 questions covered from just 3 topics. Study 3 other topics and you are home and dry

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Could someone please clarify for me if it's possible to exclude for any consequential loss?

Im at the doubting myself stage of studying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Anon3ymous

Does anyone know what came up in Equity in March 2020?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement