Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

bozzer198 wrote: »
    same with winding up and examinership , but i dont have restriction

Restriction is a handy topic and it comes up regularly. It can come up with winding up if the question refers to a quai partnership type company and there has been a breakdown, if one of the members feels they are being restricted they can have the company wound up as was the case in Re Murphs Restaurant....would be a lovely question if you had time to look over it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

awsah wrote: »
    Restriction is a handy topic and it comes up regularly. It can come up with winding up if the question refers to a quai partnership type company and there has been a breakdown, if one of the members feels they are being restricted they can have the company wound up as was the case in Re Murphs Restaurant....would be a lovely question if you had time to look over it

ya might give it another look tbh, i kinda have enough on it to add a bit to a winding up question but not enough for a full question on it, think il add it to my notes. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fLawless123

Is there anybody else who have no exams scheduled when they successfully logged on to Better Examinations?

A bit worried given the mock exam is supposed to happen at 10am tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Is there anybody else who have no exams scheduled when they successfully logged on to Better Examinations?

Yes mine says the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

What are people focusing on for Tort- any advice appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Dean_Power

Has anybody got any sample answers for company? would be a massive help

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arubamuuu

I was emailing BetterExaminations support around midday today because I was having issues logging in and I asked about the mock exam and the reply I got was: "As I understand it, the Law Society is working on adding them [the mock exam]".

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Constitutional
    There are 28 chapters in my Manuel and there’s no way I can cover more than 14,
    Would it be wise to leave out topics that haven’t come up in ages like freedom of association, abortion, right to silence, right to a jury trial, personal liberty. Just wondering had anyone any thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

What is peoples opinions on length of answers for the typed exam? I know its quality over quantity but if it was written I would be aiming for 3.5-4 pages...hard to judge that when you are typing no?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FE1student560

Did we get confirmation on whether our eye movements will be monitored by AI while sitting the exam? I'm not that fussed, but I'd prefer to sit the exam without a further worry on my mind like whether Skynet will report me for looking out of the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Does anyone have a copy of March 2020 Company Paper or know what was on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mariussulla1977

Is there a possibility of postponing the exam till March? Have a newborn baby in the house so no hope of getting the quiet time for an exam at home.

Is there a possibility of postponing the exam till March? Have a newborn baby in the house so no hope of getting the quiet time for an exam at home.

I think if you were to contact them asking for a deferral they might allow or else they might give you a refund. At the end of the day when applications were submitted they were for written exams in physical locations not online.

No harm in asking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawStudent96

What is peoples opinions on length of answers for the typed exam? I know its quality over quantity but if it was written I would be aiming for 3.5-4 pages...hard to judge that when you are typing no?

Wondering about this too, I would have thought a typed answer would usually be shorter in page length than a written one so I presume it will just balance out. It might look shorter but realistically if the quality is there it shouldn't matter.

I do type fairly quickly though and I'm a bit worried that I'll finish the exam too soon and start overthinking the length or quality of answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Wondering about this too, I would have thought a typed answer would usually be shorter in page length than a written one so I presume it will just balance out. It might look shorter but realistically if the quality is there it shouldn't matter.

I do type fairly quickly though and I'm a bit worried that I'll finish the exam too soon and start overthinking the length or quality of answers.

I am exactly the same, I have one numerous typing tests and am averaging out at 56 words per minute...I know thinking of answers etc will take time but this is a concern for me too!

Does anyone have a copy of March 2020 Company Paper or know what was on it?

pm me your email

Did we get confirmation on whether our eye movements will be monitored by AI while sitting the exam? I'm not that fussed, but I'd prefer to sit the exam without a further worry on my mind like whether Skynet will report me for looking out of the window.

I was told they were not able to monitor our eye movement and it would not work as we have legislation, however that was one person telling me, I am sure there is someone on here who has been told different...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Anyone else still not able to set up an account?

The first email I got said that the link had expired, tried to reset my password as was suggested on here but no luck there either. I don't even get an email about resetting a password, tried several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Samuma

jus_me wrote: »
    What are people focusing on for Tort- any advice appreciated

Did you see City College's Night before notes? (If anyone can confirm if these are usually a good prediction?)

I'm going to cover the following:
    Negligence: duty, standard, causation- to apply to scenarios with the potential of an essay
    Psychiatric damage; if I have time to cram i'll include negligent misstatement and pure economic loss, but not likely at this stage!!
    Employers & Vicarious Liability- City colleges highlight this is a potential
    Animal liability because it hasn't come up in so long
    Damages
    Nuisance, Trespass and Rylands
    Passing off

Defamation comes up a lot so it'll either continue to appear or stop. Either way i'm going to take a chance and leave it out...

EEEK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dliodoir2021

For undergrad and FE1s, it's 35 minutes and I used to be able to read the questions and write about 900-950 words per question.

Someone else mentioned that this exam software has a word count, so I'll be hoping to get in and around that number of words this time too! I don't think it goes by pages as it's nothing like a word processor :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Angela21

channing90 wrote: »
    Constitutional
    There are 28 chapters in my Manuel and there’s no way I can cover more than 14,
    Would it be wise to leave out topics that haven’t come up in ages like freedom of association, abortion, right to silence, right to a jury trial, personal liberty. Just wondering had anyone any thoughts.
    Constitutional is a nightmare. Prob best not to leave out liberty and Freedom. If u wanted to cut maybe you could focus on medical treatment for liberty and privacy and good name for assocation

Right to fair trial is a large topic and rarely comes up you could take a chance . But it has come up twice in the past. Skipping anything in Constitutional is chance because his questions are so difficult. Defo do not leave out separation, equality interpretation, LS, property equality and fundamental rights. But that is still a lot to cover..

I would reduce cases and know the principles if I go stuck for time.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

sorry guys, has anybody else's link expired and is anybody else still waiting on the LS to solve the issue of not logging in?

this mock exam is less than 20 hours away and , radio silence... im not even doing criminal but i have never sat exams (even held meetings) online.. i miss the basics..

lawDani wrote: »
    sorry guys, has anybody else's link expired and is anybody else still waiting on the LS to solve the issue of not logging in?

this mock exam is less than 20 hours away and , radio silence... im not even doing criminal but i have never sat exams (even held meetings) online.. i miss the basics..

Someone a couple of posts back put up another link that you can copy into the search bar and log in worked for them then. Don't know if thats any good

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

Try logging in here:
    https://lawsocietyie.betterexaminations.com/

Lawlaw12 wrote: »

i have, i never got to the stage of actually setting up to better examinations, the initial link expired because i didnt click in time..
    thank you for the assistance though

so i just learned OPW does not supply EU Leg.. any suggestions welcomed x

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

I got mine off book depository for the last sitting

Edit: here's a link https://www.bookdepository.com/Blackstones-EU-Treaties-Legislation-2020-2021-Nigel-Foster/9780198861010?ref=grid-view&qid=1603294775867&sr=1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

I got mine in Hodges Figgis.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Angela21 wrote: »
    Constitutional is a nightmare. Prob best not to leave out liberty and Freedom. If u wanted to cut maybe you could focus on medical treatment for liberty and privacy and good name for assocation

Right to fair trial is a large topic and rarely comes up you could take a chance . But it has come up twice in the past. Skipping anything in Constitutional is chance because his questions are so difficult. Defo do not leave out separation, equality interpretation, LS, property equality and fundamental rights. But that is still a lot to cover..

I would reduce cases and know the principles if I go stuck for time.

This has slightly freaked me out because I have left out equality and liberty! i have covered a lot of the other chapters though I have 15-16 out of the 21 chapters in my manual covered so im hoping that's enough? I genuinely don't think my brain could handle any more info if im being honest:(

I left out equality, liberty, unenumerated rights doctine (although I did cover privacy), decs of invalidity/remedies and right to life/the unborn

does anyone think i am mad leaving these out if i have pretty much everything else covered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Hiya1234

Iso_123 wrote: »
    This has slightly freaked me out because I have left out equality and liberty! i have covered a lot of the other chapters though I have 15-16 out of the 21 chapters in my manual covered so im hoping that's enough? I genuinely don't think my brain could handle any more info if im being honest:(

I left out equality, liberty, unenumerated rights doctine (although I did cover privacy), decs of invalidity/remedies and right to life/the unborn

does anyone think i am mad leaving these out if i have pretty much everything else covered?

I am leaving out equality, freedom of association/assembly, constitutional interpretation, principles of litigation (except i am doing locus standi), general principles of constitutional rights (except i am doing proportionality), bits of trial in due course of law (doing the most popular ones)

and then doing everything else

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement