Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moeby

lawDani wrote: »
    haha! SAME! and i got on to the web team in LS and they cant fix it as 'it didn't come from them' im going to loose my mind.
    i emailed BetterExaminations.... its a JOKE

Which email did you use to contact BetterExaminations? I tried calling them and the woman on the other line told me they are called "TerminalFour". I mentioned I was sitting online exams with BetterExaminations and I was having trouble logging in and I was told I must have called the wrong number as she hadn't heard of them.

I got the details off of BetterExaminations . com

Unfortunately, the forum wont allow me to post the link here.

Any contact details for this crowd would be much appreciated! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 13545327

Does anybody have any idea about the time limit for these exams?
    The PPC exams were also online and allowed six hours to complete the exams. They hardly expect us to be as fast typing as you would be through writing. Maybe some but certainly not all and that would be seriously unfair! Although nothing surprises me with this shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

I JUST WENT ON TO THEIR SITE;

https://www.betterexaminations.com/about-us/contact-us/

I DONT KNOW WHY ITS NOT COMING AS A LINK HERE BUT THATS COPIED FROM MY SEARCH BAR - sorry for shouting..

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

moeby wrote: »
    Which email did you use to contact BetterExaminations? I tried calling them and the woman on the other line told me they are called "TerminalFour". I mentioned I was sitting online exams with BetterExaminations and I was having trouble logging in and I was told I must have called the wrong number as she hadn't heard of them.

If you're having trouble writing a link you can write like

Wonderstruck[at]domainname[dot].ie or if that doesnt work pm me and i can drop it in here, I have a ten year old account and you only have one post so I presume I am old enough I can post links

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

haha! SAME! and i got on to the web team in LS and they cant fix it as 'it didn't come from them' im going to loose my mind.
    i emailed BetterExaminations.... its a JOKE

That's ridiculous. Did they offer any avenues of help at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Hazel774 wrote: »
    Where are you getting instant fail from?

What everyone seems to be saying about this eye-monitoring tech

If you're having trouble writing a link you can write like

Wonderstruck[at]domainname[dot].ie or if that doesnt work pm me and i can drop it in here, I have a ten year old account and you only have one post so I presume I am old enough I can post links

Yeah it said I couldnt post the link as my account was new. The user above me just posted the link so no need, but thank you. I called the Irish number on that page and the woman seemed to have never heard of BetterExaminations though. I explained the situation (i.e I received an email from BetterExaminations, reset the password and attempted at signing in and the link expired) and she told me I must have the wrong number. Yikes.

If anyone gets through to them and finds a solution, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawStudent96

Lawlaw12 wrote: »
    I'm worried about this too, there's nothing we can do if it happens to cut-out mid-exam :(

I'm in the same boat, probably plenty of people around the country with similar internet issues. If ("if" being the operative word) you get a response to your email about it, please post :)

I JUST WENT ON TO THEIR SITE;

I DONT KNOW WHY ITS NOT COMING AS A LINK HERE BUT THATS COPIED FROM MY SEARCH BAR - sorry for shouting..

Yep, thats the link i was trying to post. That is the crowd I called. I called the Irish number on that page and they didnt seem to know what I was talking about at all. I've sent an email anyways so hopefully it gets sorted by Thursday morn!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawwww2020

I accidentally created my password for BetterExaminations on safari instead of chrome and now it says password incorrect on chrome - has anyone else had this issue?

• Advertisement

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. Did they offer any avenues of help at all?

Nnnnope. I couldn’t get through to fe1 section, of course, so they put me on to the ‘web’ team who advised to contact betterexaminations.
    I’m sure if there’s a shortfall of people clicking that link and hence , logging on and confirming emails / attendance that they’d have to resend?

Although... law society...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Some of the people on this thread honestly need to learn when to stop whinging and just get on with things ...

Yep. There seems to be some bizarre nonsense here about getting failed because you looked out the window. Can't even follow it at this point.

https://www.betterexaminations.com/about-us/contact-us/
    I just emailed through that

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

try searching https://lawsocietyie.betterexaminations.com - i was trying to log in to the general website it said my password was incorrect but when i followed that link i could get in fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawwww2020

try searching https://lawsocietyie.betterexaminations.com - i was trying to log in to the general website it said my password was incorrect but when i followed that link i could get in fine!

LIFE SAVER! Thank you so much for this

try searching - i was trying to log in to the general website it said my password was incorrect but when i followed that link i could get in fine!

This worked!! Thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

I just did a practice exam and the essay portion has spell check and basic formatting

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

What topics are people covering for company? Struggling at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

awsah wrote: »
    I just did a practice exam and the essay portion has spell check and basic formatting

Yeah, I have the Grammarly extension on chrome and it seems to work in the practice exam.
    There's a 500 word limit on the essay in the practice exam but I assume this won't be the case for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

https://www.linkedin.com/company/betterexaminations/
    "BetterExaminations is part of TerminalFour group" so she should have heard of them at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

For constitutional does anyone have a sample answer to Q1 on the october 2019 paper? can swap for other materials.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Mock exam. So hopefully most of us have logged in at this stage. Just wondering what is involved in the mock exam?

We don't really have any details, I am guessing it is to make sure we can all log on and our webcams work etc and then if people want to do sample answers so that they can get a feel for the layout and how they are going to approach answering the exam they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

Wondering if anyone has an up to date exam grid for equity they could provide me with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

Long time follower of the thread first-time poster. I am happy that the exams are going ahead however, this is my first sitting and I am not a fast typer. I wouldn't be so worried if we could have a rough work page as I have never sat an exam without one and it helps me structure my answers and jot down the relevant cases so that I don't forget them while writing.

I also had trouble logging in however, when I tried again late last night it finally worked. I have been patient up until now but I am finding these vague emails very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lawgrad2020

What topics are people covering for company? Struggling at this stage!

I am studying these topics:
    SLP/Adv & Disadv Incorporation
    Corp Authority
    Directors Duties
    Corp Government Meetings/Resolutions (very briefly)
    Restriction
    Shares/Share transfer
    Shareholders Remdies
    Corporate Borrowing

But honestly not sure if this is the enough or not, keen to hear what others are covering!

Corp Authority
    Directors Duties
    Restriction
    Shares/Share transfer
    Shareholders Remdies
    Corporate Borrowing

But honestly not sure if this is the enough or not, keen to hear what others are covering!

I'm doing the above plus winding up!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

awsah wrote: »
    I'm doing the above plus winding up!

same with winding up and examinership , but i dont have restriction

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Corp Authority
    Directors Duties
    Restriction
    Shares/Share transfer
    Shareholders Remdies
    Corporate Borrowing

I am doing the above but with winding up added. I also may not cover governance/meetings I haven't decided yet.. I have all my notes done except for authority so if I have time I may add governance in last min to have just in case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 lawgrad2020

Looks like I'll be adding winding up to mine as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement