Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Selling tort materials, and a contract nutshell book if anyone is interested

Mod
    Sorry, no trading on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

"Looking to dispose of tort materials, and a contract nutshell book if anyone is interested please PM " ..... it's all about the wording 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Anyone have criminal law materials/advice that would be useful for the November sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

Fe1erere wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I hope your study is going well in spite of the disruptions.

Would anyone have a Constitutional grid? I can swap Tort, Criminal, EU grids.

Thanks

I have an exam grid up to & including October 2019 & a copy of the March 2020 exam, if that's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

2020 Manuals available for Constitutional, Tort and Eu if anyone is looking. DM if interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Would the following topics be enough for 5Qs for Contract?

- Offer & Acceptance
    - Consideration & Promissory Estoppel
    - Terms of a Contract (Implied & Express)
    - Consumer Protection
    - Mistake
    - Remedies
    - Misrepresentation

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

Has anybody got up to date exam grids and sample answers for Criminal, Property and/or equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Angela21

FE1Rookie wrote: »
    Would the following topics be enough for 5Qs for Contract?

- Offer & Acceptance
    - Consideration & Promissory Estoppel
    - Terms of a Contract (Implied & Express)
    - Consumer Protection
    - Mistake
    - Remedies
    - Misrepresentation

Most likely depends on the paper on the day. But you need to add exclusion clauses to the list. Contract is one of those subjects where the advice is not to cut because the paper can be so mixed. Last paper had no question on agreement. On first glance it does appear to be quite short. (Just opinion though you could get lucky)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jdharte

Would anyone have a copy of the Companies Act for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Angela21 wrote: »
    Most likely depends on the paper on the day. But you need to add exclusion clauses to the list. Contract is one of those subjects where the advice is not to cut because the paper can be so mixed. Last paper had no question on agreement. On first glance it does appear to be quite short. (Just opinion though you could get lucky)

Passed contract by the skin of my teeth. I found that covering everything got me the pass. Everything relates to everything so I would go in limiting yourself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 milktray22

Jdharte wrote: »
    Would anyone have a copy of the Companies Act for sale?

I have pm me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ScatmanWhack

Has anybody else not received their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fe12020

I have a number of FE1 manuals to get rid of for anyone who is interested. PM me!

Tort 2020-2021
    EU 2019-2020
    Constitutional 2019-2020
    Company 2019-2020

All past exam papers printed out in booklet format available to go with the manuals also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

Has anybody else not received their results?

Is it that you’ve logged on and they’re not there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ScatmanWhack

Is it that you’ve logged on and they’re not there ?

Yeah, it just says "There appears to be no results for you - if this is an error please email fe1section@lawsociety.ie and include your ID number."

Have contacted the Law Society but gotten nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Does anyone know how receptive the Law Society are to late applications for a subject? I’m tempted to take on an additional subject for November, due to the added time we have now, but I won’t really know how I’m fixed timewise until after the application deadline of the 30th
    I also presume if you register on time you can’t just get a refund if you decide against sitting a subject. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niamhb11

Did anyone else book Tort just in case they failed but passed yesterday? I did! Wondering how refunds will work if anyone knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how receptive the Law Society are to late applications for a subject? I’m tempted to take on an additional subject for November, due to the added time we have now, but I won’t really know how I’m fixed timewise until after the application deadline of the 30th
    I also presume if you register on time you can’t just get a refund if you decide against sitting a subject. Cheers

I don’t think they’ll accept any late registrations due to the current circumstances - they need to know the exact number of candidates in advance so they can organize venues and social distancing

I think you can get a refund but you don’t get the full amount back ( they take an admin fee) but it’s only under certain circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

As a bunch of you went for Judicial Assistant (EO grade), did anyone hear anything back from Legal Researchers (AO grade). Many depts wanted to draw from it, AGs, Oireachtas Services & WRC I recall were listed - it was advertised on publicjobs.ie.

Haven't got a PFO yet, was wondering anyone else had applied, and if so, had heard anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

As a bunch of you went for Judicial Assistant (EO grade), did anyone hear anything back from Legal Researchers (AO grade). Many depts wanted to draw from it, AGs, Oireachtas Services & WRC I recall were listed - it was advertised on publicjobs.ie.

Haven't got a PFO yet, was wondering anyone else had applied, and if so, had heard anything?

Got an invite just now actually for a test next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawbloke

Does anyone have a list of which of the larger law firms are hiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Debarramike137

hi guys, what are the essentials to cover on criminal please?

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Got an invite just now actually for a test next week.

Congrats! It's been just over a month so I was wondering why there had been no news

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lelila

Niamhb11 wrote: »
    Did anyone else book Tort just in case they failed but passed yesterday? I did! Wondering how refunds will work if anyone knows?

I did too. I emailed them today to request a refund & they emailed me back to say they were processing my refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Lelila wrote: »
    I did too. I emailed them today to request a refund & they emailed me back to say they were processing my refund.

They said the same to me a few months back. Still haven't got my refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Just wondering if anyone else still hasn't had their application approved?

I finally got my hard copy of my march results finally they can fix my study leave!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highwood

Does anyone have an up to date exam grid for eu. tort criminal please

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Liordi wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else still hasn't had their application approved?

I applied before the dates changed and still have not had it approved - was curious if I have to submit a new application with the change in dates?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

I applied before the dates changed and still have not had it approved - was curious if I have to submit a new application with the change in dates?

Definitely not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement