Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

It seems as if they have set up some accounts that can only be logged into using the email address as a username, but have not transferred that system over to the results section, which requires your ID number.
    It should be an easy fix for them to do…………….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    It seems as if they have set up some accounts that can only be logged into using the email address as a username, but have not transferred that system over to the results section, which requires your ID number.
    It should be an easy fix for them to do…………….

Grand so. It'll be another 6 months before we get our results then.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

I emailed IT about the issue and they just sent me exactly what was written on there help page ....
    IgoPAP wrote: »
    Grand so. It'll be another 6 months before we get our results then.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Iso_123 wrote: »
    The above happened to me the first time I tried to log in for my results after the March sitting. Your log in is your ID number not (not your exam number or email). What I did is entered my ID number then clicked request password reset, reset my password and then was able to access my results. Hope that works!

This method works, thanks a million. They should give you a job in IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

I think you have to set up a new account with your ID number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

anyone else fail tort? i kind of knew myself already was just hoping for some sort of miracle! any predicted topics for the next sitting of tort? hate the thoughts of having to do it all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Iso_123 wrote: »
    The above happened to me the first time I tried to log in for my results after the March sitting. Your log in is your ID number not (not your exam number or email). What I did is entered my ID number then clicked request password reset, reset my password and then was able to access my results. Hope that works!

This was initially not working for me and then I just tried it again and worked!

It was telling me that "Your username and/or surname do not match our records" but I kept trying and eventually it sent me the reset email.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Does anyone know what dates the company and contract exam will be in November?

I'm guessing contract will be the 13th as it says it will be the same day it was meant to be held just on november dates

I finally got in! I passed! :)

nicolesd wrote: »
    anyone else fail tort? i kind of knew myself already was just hoping for some sort of miracle! any predicted topics for the next sitting of tort? hate the thoughts of having to do it all over again!

You could apply for a recheck ? Depending on what you got but definitely ask for a copy of your script

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Finally got in. I just persisted with logging in with my email. I passed thankfully!! 3 good answers, and 2 dodgy ones being honest. I hope everyone got the results they wanted!

FE1Rookie wrote: »
    Finally got in. I just persisted with logging in with my email. I passed thankfully!! 3 good answers, and 2 dodgy ones being honest. I hope everyone got the results they wanted!

Same !! I also read my clock wrong and thought I had an hour and a half left but only had an hour and had two questions left to do so they were very rushed 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FE1Rookie

Same !! I also read my clock wrong and thought I had an hour and a half left but only had an hour and had two questions left to do so they were very rushed ��

My answer for limitation periods was very lacking, and the one with Murr being whacked with a drone was such a poor answer given that I had set my standard high with the first 3. So don't lose hope people if you haven't seen your results!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lawgrad101

My answer for limitation periods was very lacking, and the one with Murr being whacked with a drone was such a poor answer given that I had set my standard high with the first 3. So don't lose hope people if you haven't seen your results!

I second this! I came out of both Tort and EU unhappy with how they went and I passed them both.

Oh I didn’t do the children’s Liability one ! I did limitations, res ipsa, passing off, the intentional
    infliction one and then one I can’t remember

My two problem questions were very very rushed I just pointed out the issues and mentioned a case that resembled it

I also came out feeling like it wasn’t good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Hope that when you were finally able to access your results, it was good news 🀞ðŸ»ðŸ€žðŸ»

By some miracle I passed EU (58!!) Was sure I'd failed - 4 good qs but one VERY poor imo. Maybe he was going easy? Not complaining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Some miracle i passed EU aswel!! i got 52 but i had literally 2 good qs, 2 ok qs and like 1 page on my 5th! he must have marked very easy, but im not complaining either haha

EU has the highest pass rate out of any subjects - think the examiner is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bask453

Ahhh passed EU but got 46 in Tort. Not sure whether it’s worth the appeal or not as I was not confident at all leaving the exam hall, 46 was probably generous as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Hi Folks, is it safe to assume most of the larger firms will follow ALG in not conducting a trainee 'milkround' recruitment process this year?

• Advertisement

neon123 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, is it safe to assume most of the larger firms will follow ALG in not conducting a trainee 'milkround' recruitment process this year?

A&L is the only one not doing it that I’ve seen so far!

Bask453 wrote: »
    Ahhh passed EU but got 46 in Tort. Not sure whether it’s worth the appeal or not as I was not confident at all leaving the exam hall, 46 was probably generous as it is.

Ask for a copy of your script and then see if it’s worth an appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

A&L is the only one not doing it that I’ve seen so far!

Ok perfect, I'll keep an eye out so. Cheers!

neon123 wrote: »

Starting to think ALG deciding not to hold Milkrounds might have less to do with COVID and more to do with the fact that their trainee intake is already full for the next few years - like WF.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Ask for a copy of your script and then see if it’s worth an appeal

When I asked to see my scripts in March I wasn't sent them till a week after the recheck deadline

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    When I asked to see my scripts in March I wasn't sent them till a week after the recheck deadline

Is that even allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

IgoPAP wrote: »
    Is that even allowed?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its the law society

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elainreg

Hello everyone! Well done to those who passed and commiserations to those who didn’t! I’m just starting studying for the next sitting and would be grateful if anyone could share any tips or material they used! I’m just straight out of college and sitting these first time so anything will be really helpful

Aoibhin511 wrote: »

I was under her impression they still accept rechecks after the deadline in that situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

anyone have recent constitutional law notes that would be good for november sitting? willing to pay whatever for them (hope this is allowed have loads of recent materials and sample answers from griffith city colleges and latest law school revision workshop for constittuional )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement