Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Seems about right. I paid 576 (including VAT) for a 100m2 3 bed terraced. (That was with Property health check. Would recommend, they were easy to deal with and very thorough).

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Can Vouch for Property health check, i paid around 700 euro and my solicitor said the survey was very thorough and helpful for conveyancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

My mortgage is gone to final checks today. Supposed to be closing this Friday. I was told it should only take a day but not confident after reading this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

We gave in all our loan condition documents in branch on Mon Nov 15. Mortgage was in final checks around Fri Nov 19/Mon Nov 22... and we received confirmation from PTSB on Wed Nov 24 that final checks concluded and funds would be released to us in 3 days time. Funds cleared into our solicitor account Mon Nov 29. Because all our documents were provided and nothing was missing, there was no delay in process for us.

So for us drawdown from PTSB went as smooth as it could have gone.

Getting an amended Loan Offer letter was the biggest delay for us...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 johnpackt

It costed us 375. The report was good(don't have benchmark to compare as this is the first property we are buying). He allowed us to stay during the survey. We asked good amount of questions and he did answer all of those.

• Advertisement

In our case we exchanged the numbers with the seller of the house(We meat them for discussion related to sale of some household items). We both want to close as early as possible. This has helped us a lot in the process.(which is yet to complete 🥲) Whenever there is a long delay at least we/they know the reason. Also, this has helped us to push our solicitors because we know what is happening on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jood22

We had exact same issue and found going to estate agent more effective

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Got the keys last Wednesday and been busy moving since. Used Finance Ireland and was very happy with them and the solicitor said they were the best he has dealt with over the years.

Went Sale agreed on 1st July and keys on 8th December. We had previously sold so were ready to go, but the chain went on and in up the line!

If you are getting close to closing, line up the broadband, Sky, Bins, changing addresses etc in plenty of time as sometimes this can take time.

Delighted to get in before Christmas and be in the home that ticked most of our wish list.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,901 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have been sale agreed since January, and the buyer is still lobbing 'one more week' excuses that whiz by. Are there any other ways to list a property on a no sale no fee basis, like auctioneera.ie?

Time to put it on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Most estate agents do no sale no fee. You will have to pay marketing costs up front though.

I would have though delays of maybe 3 to 6 months might be possible but nearly a year is not on. Pull the plug and start again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,901 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Most EA's charge a % of the sale price. The reason I am interested in auctionera is they have a no sale no fee option for €2K and no marketing costs. An EA is going to cost you multiples of that.

Yes, a year is not on but I'm not pulling the plug on effort already spent, I just want to put it on the market to add to my options. Supposedly the last thing needed by the bank is a cert of identity from the buyers engineer. Why the F they wouldn't be providing that as a matter of course, is beyond me. If they are in the business they should know what they should be doing and what's needed.

It's a commercial/business loan, not residential.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hontou

We are sale agreed 3 months now. No chain. Contracts ready and signed on my side (purchaser) but not releasing them to the vendors solicitor until their tenant moves out. Bought knowing the tenant was there but that they had received their notice and we would be buying subject to vacant possession. They are due to move out after Christmas. I'm worried the condition of the house won't be as good as when I viewed it or worse the tenants will overhold. If the tenants overhold then I'll walk away. If they move out and leave the place in poor condition, can I ask the vendor to ensure it is in at least the condition it was in when I viewed it? Also, what level of legal fees would I have to pay if I walk away because I can't get vacant possession. I have already paid for a survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Your solicitor usually wont charge you if you use them for your next purchase. Or theyll only charge a nominal fee.

Survey costs and valuation cost is sunk.

I don't think a tenant will do too much damage in a few months unless they're really trying to. If they do, you can ask the vendor to remedy it but they're under no obligation. If they refuse your only option is to pull out of the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Anyone else find it irritating that basically nothing happens with a sale from early December to early/mid January? Like KBC stopping drawdowns for weeks on end- why?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Jafin

Presumably because they have to get their end of year stuff done and then the banks are closed for the winter holidays. I'm fairly sure all the banks/lending institutions do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Transfered over the Stamp duty, fees and LPT today. Hoping i get they keys pre Xmas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Ive a mate asking me to help him move. I dont want do do that, he will need a few trucks and im not going to be the sap lifting stuff while he point :)

Anyone got any recommendations for reasonably priced moving companies who they have used that could move a 5 bed house worth of stuff for him. Its about 20km, Dublin to Dublin.

If you have a pm would be much appreciated. Save my back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I am moving into my new house hopefully in March.

Just wondering - will it have no electricity until I sign up for provider or how does that work? (It's a brand new build)

Don't really want to move out of my current accommodation into uninhabitable property.

I visited site two weeks ago and it had diesel generator inside (So I guess there is no electricity).

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

The builder will have set up an account and will give you the details and meter reading on handover. You just give these details to whichever provider you want to go with and they’ll set up an account. Don’t worry - there will be electricity and you will have a few days grace to get set up with an account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bleaks

If this was in Dublin can you PM me the company please?

Two months delay to our new build due to Irish Water. I heard stories like this over a year ago, but thought it would have been sorted by now.

House ready, sitting waiting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

Have you signed contracts etc? Asking as my new build is meant to be ready in March but I’m getting no info from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

We signed on the 16th December and the contracts were sent by post to be signed by the Vendor the week before Christmas Day … as offices are closed we don’t know if the vendor has signed yet but getting increasingly hopeful that we may actually soon have our own home!

Mortgage is ready to go, just need the close date to give to the mortgage protection company so they can issue and we can provide that to the bank.

Has anyone ever done a last minute inspection prior to close? The property has been lying vacant for some time now and its been 6 months trying to get this across the line. It’s not an unreasonable request, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Jmc25

Yeah a last minute closing inspection is standard enough. Once contracts are signed you can't really pull out of the sale but if you spot something at that closing inspection your solicitor can delay releasing the funds which might be enough of a pain in the arse for the vendor to just fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Thanks - That’s what we thought alright. Really just want to make sure no trees have crashed through the roof or it hasn’t been trashed by squatters, etc etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ilongga

Absolutely a reasonable ask. We moved into a vacant property first week of December. It was unoccupied for a long time. We needed to check if heating is working as we need to line up a plumber if needed. There were also issues which the vendor agreed to address before closing and we needed to check if indeed they did. Also we needed to decide what furnitures will fit as we need to dispose of those that won’t. The EA had no problem arranging a property inspection for us… I also provided house access to our ( previous house) buyer when they asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Viewing a house tomorrow evening. Needs a bit of work - flooring, painting, new windows + doors, interior doors, fittings, new bathroom and that's all we know from pictures. It's up for 220k would it be pointless to bid 205k in this day and age? We are one of the first to view it as far as I know and no bids yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭holliehobbie

Don’t worry. If it’s in Dublin some vulture fund or other will pop up and offer far more than you can, and then lease it back to the council who will then be responsible for all the repairs etc. and will hand it back to the vulture fund after a couple of decades. Complete madness.

Advertisement