Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

duffman13 wrote: »
    No, both the TWSS and PUP were always taxable. The change after August was to ensure tax was taken at source so further bills wouldn't arise for employees.

Not quite, TWSS and PUP Have never been taxed at source, PUP continues not to be taxed at source, the argument was to do with clarifying if these payments, particularly PUP were classed as emergency payments or taxable benifit /payment. EWSS is taxed at source but PUP remains untaxed at source but is taxable.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Mine still saying being processed. I did mine on the 2nd January. My daughter and son done theirs on Friday and they got their statements yesterday. How is it taking so long ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Mine still saying being processed. I did mine on the 2nd January. My daughter and son done theirs on Friday and they got their statements yesterday. How is it taking so long ��

Portion is getting manually done aka checked...dont forget that...it may be suspect to revision....

Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Portion is getting manually done aka checked...dont forget that...it may be suspect to revision....

Just saying

Wouldn't take long to review. I only put in for 120 euro health expenses , thats it. Hopefully will be there today. Husband was on TWSS for a couple of months early last year so just want to see if we have an underpayment or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Wouldn't take long to review. I only put in for 120 euro health expenses , thats it. Hopefully will be there today. Husband was on TWSS for a couple of months early last year so just want to see if we have an underpayment or not.

Sorry ment to say subject revision not suspect... Forgive me...

They are waiting untill officer pass them..... The way they are selected is not disclosed... But you never know...

I hope you get it soon. Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

I’m in the same boat. I submitted mine on Jan 2nd and waiting and still waiting. Massive problems last year with these statements when people filed them in early Jan. hoping it’s not the same again

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fendy

I just received my sol for 2020, and the overpayment from my medical expenses is due to be offset against a 2018 underpayment, as was my 2019 overpayment, but no adjustment to my tax credits has been made either last year or this year. Should I request a new statement of liability for 2018 or just send an enquiry to revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Hi, can anyone help me with this. So I owe them 300 euro but in January this year I paid 600 euro tax on my total pay of 1400ish. (Emergency tax). How do I get back this money that I paid in emergency tax? I have been paid since but didn’t get it back in my most recent pay.

Emergency tax deducted from you this year will be refunded to you through your employer in your payslip, not from Revenue.

Check on myAccount that you only have one active employment for 2021, and that all your credits and SRCOP are allocated to this employment on a cumulative basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Still not there 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

"Regrettably we cannot take your call at this time" is the latest message when calling the PAYE phone service this morning. In other words, they have switched their phones off. They have absolutely no regard for PAYE employees. My role was made redundant last year and I am due a substantial rebate. Nothing has changed since last year's shambles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Pacifico wrote: »
    Still not there 😔

Might be good news so. Mine only went up today and its a substantial overpayment so not such a blue Monday for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Mine showed up this morning - underpayment of 34euro!!
    Now that does include health expenses of approx 180euro
    I was on TWSS for 6 weeks, continued to work all throughout and top up done by employee
    I never once came out with anything extra in my wages

But i was on illness benefit for 2 months early last year and i think / thought all along something was done incorrectly by employer with this - i was paid by employer as normal for the 2 months and they got the illness benefit - so i paid my tax as normal but then i got a tax bill off revenue for the illness benefit for 300euro or thereabouts and credits were reduced from May to Dec- so it seemed to me i was taxed twice - i know illness benefit is taxable but i still ended up paying tax twice no matter what way its looked at!

So my guess is that i got a low underpayment as it balanced itself out

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Got mine today. I underpaid by just over €1,000. I could cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Former Coach

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Not quite, TWSS and PUP Have never been taxed at source, PUP continues not to be taxed at source, the argument was to do with clarifying if these payments, particularly PUP were classed as emergency payments or taxable benifit /payment. EWSS is taxed at source but PUP remains untaxed at source but is taxable.
    Taxation of PUP was just discussed on RTÉ radio news. Brian Dobson questioned that the early PUP payments were under ‘Urgent needs payments’ and therefore not liable to tax. Minister for Social Protection , however, categorically shot this down and said that all social welfare payments are subject to tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Former Coach

From Irish Independent Jan. 7th 2021

Tax bill coming for many who received wage subsidy or PUP

THOUSANDS of workers whose employer received the first Government subsidy are set to get tax bills next week. Others in receipt of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) may also owe tax People who benefited from the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS) did not have in come tax or Universal Social Charge (USC) deducted at source for the subsidy amount and

are now facing tax bills. Some of those who got the subsidy or the PUP will be facing bills of

more than €1,000.

Q: How many are impacted by this?

A. Around 443,100 people received payments under the TWSS last year. The scheme provid ed income support to eligible employers, where the business activities have been negatively impacted by the pandemic but who continued to keep employees on the payroll.

Tax-balancing statements showing the amount of income tax and USC owed are set to be sent out by Revenue on January 15. This means that people on the TWSS and PUP will have to work out how to pay the tax bills

Q: I am on the PUP Will I have a tax bill?

Tax may be due on the PUP, as it is not taxed when it is paid. It is liable for income tax at the end of the year. The payment for those who have lost their jobs as a result of Covid restric tions was originally introduced on March 13 as an urgent-needs payment, making it exempt from income tax under the Social Welfare Act

Taxation of PUP was just discussed on RTÉ radio news. Brian Dobson questioned that the early PUP payments were under ‘Urgent needs payments’ and therefore not liable to tax. Minister for Social Protection , however, categorically shot this down and said that all social welfare payments are subject to tax.

Minister not doing herself any favours there as not all DEASP payments are taxable. Undermining her own statement there. Working Family Payment for example is a tax free payment from DEASP.

Finally got through on the phone and I’m due a refund of over €300! He said the statement is processed its just not issued on to the system yet. I’ll take that though!

duffman13 wrote: »
    Might be good news so. Mine only went up today and its a substantial overpayment so not such a blue Monday for me anyway

Did you get any notification that it was ready?

I'm getting the updated message today - "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly".

Why is the process so slow - is there human involvement in the processing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cormie35

natc wrote: »
    Finally got through on the phone and I’m due a refund of over €300! He said the statement is processed its just not issued on to the system yet. I’ll take that though!

What number did you call?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I received my SoL over the weekend. It includes the additional credits I applied for a couple of weeks ago (WFH and Medical) and confirms an overpayment, however my Income Tax Return is still showing as "Submitted". Does anyone know if I've to wait for the tax return to be processed, or will the release of the SoL trigger the refund to my bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Did you get any notification that it was ready?

I'm getting the updated message today - "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly".

Why is the process so slow - is there human involvement in the processing?

No notification, just logged on and requested it, then filled in the rest of the return.

cormie35 wrote: »

I called (01) 738 3636 but I know there can be different numbers depending on your PPS number. There is a search function on their contact us page to locate the correct number. I was waiting about 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

cormie35 wrote: »

(01) 738 3636 is the national PAYE helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Got mine issued this morning.

150 Euro on the way to my account.

Saying that I feel sorry for those who have to pay back due to covid related payments.

Good to hear that you can spread it over few years, makes a difference.

Let's all hope 2021 will be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

wonski wrote: »
    Got mine issued this morning.

150 Euro on the way to my account.

Saying that I feel sorry for those who have to pay back due to covid related payments.

Good to hear that you can spread it over few years, makes a difference.

Let's all hope 2021 will be better :)

I'll be paying it off ASAP if I want to get my 2020 tax credits for the HTB :(

Although in the grand scheme of things, I still have a job to go to every day, only lost a few hundred quid, am in a position to be looking at houses, so I can quit my moaning I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

wonski wrote: »

My payments section from My welfare state panic unemployment payment and Exceptional needs payment. I have payments made as exceptional needs payments so therefore they are not liable to tax. Pup is. The payments I recieved saying ENP are not liable for tax.

I just want to edit and say this is my understanding only, however it could be good argument in court if anyone wants to contest the tax paid for PUP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My payments section from My welfare state panic unemployment payment and Exceptional needs payment. I have payments made as exceptional needs payments so therefore they are not liable to tax. Pup is. The payments I recieved saying ENP are not liable for tax.

I just want to edit and say this is my understanding only, however it could be good argument in court if anyone wants to contest the tax paid for PUP

Well you just said PUP is taxed.

The payment you received may not be taxed, but these were not PUP payments, so not sure what food would happen if one wanted to go to court. And why would you. It is taxed as any other income.

Exceptional needs payment or whatever it was may not be, but the PUP is subject to income tax.

Advertisement