Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

siblers wrote: »
    When putting in the figures for the Broadband and Electricity relief. I'm putting in 400 and 500 for each

It's showing on page 4 of the Income Tax Relief screen that I have a Remote Working Relief credit of 96 euros .

Any idea where that 96 is coming from? Is that what's calculated based on my broadband +electricity by the days I've worked at home? Or something else? Cause that's what I'm getting deducted on SOL

Most likely....its just % of it....like medical expenses or tution fees..they dont return/refund you all of them but just part....as extra tax credit.

I am 99% sure thats the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Most likely....its just % of it....like medical expenses or tution fees..they dont return/refund you all of them but just part....as extra tax credit.

I am 99% sure thats the way.

It looks like they are deducting me it instead of crediting me it. I'll give them a ring as it doesn't make much sense

• Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Still nothing off them. Feeling concerned now!

It looks like they are deducting me it instead of crediting me it. I'll give them a ring as it doesn't make much sense

The 96 should be added to your tax credit allowance....so the higher tax credit the less you end up paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

When putting in the figures for the Broadband and Electricity relief. I'm putting in 400 and 500 for each

It's showing on page 4 of the Income Tax Relief screen that I have a Remote Working Relief credit of 96 euros .

Any idea where that 96 is coming from? Is that what's calculated based on my broadband +electricity by the days I've worked at home? Or something else? Cause that's what I'm getting deducted on SOL

You input full gross amounts of your electricity/heating and broadband. The percentage gross available for relief is 10% of your electricity/heating and 30% of your broadband. Those figures are then reduced further by the days you worked remotely. So your 96 euro is based on the figures you input. The 96 is what the tax relief will be granted on. If all your income was taxed at 20% in the year, you'll receive 20% of the 96 as your refund. If enough of your income was taxed at 40%, you'll receive 40% of the 96 as your refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 bluefivetwo23

Hi, can anyone help me with this. So I owe them 300 euro but in January this year I paid 600 euro tax on my total pay of 1400ish. (Emergency tax). How do I get back this money that I paid in emergency tax? I have been paid since but didn’t get it back in my most recent pay.

You input full gross amounts of your electricity/heating and broadband. The percentage gross available for relief is 10% of your electricity/heating and 30% of your broadband. Those figures are then reduced further by the days you worked remotely. So your 96 euro is based on the figures you input. The 96 is what the tax relief will be granted on. If all your income was taxed at 20% in the year, you'll receive 20% of the 96 as your refund. If enough of your income was taxed at 40%, you'll receive 40% of the 96 as your refund.

Ah yes, this makes sense so.

I thought it would be 20/40% of the gross. Not of the 90.

It's a pittance really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

It's a pittance really

It really is. Worse when you consider your employer could have paid you 3.20 euro per day tax free which is about €750 euro for a full year working remotely.

It really is. Worse when you consider your employer could have paid you 3.20 euro per day tax free which is about €750 euro for a full year working remotely.

I'd have made more if they paid me the 3.20
    a week!

Hi, can anyone help me with this. So I owe them 300 euro but in January this year I paid 600 euro tax on my total pay of 1400ish. (Emergency tax). How do I get back this money that I paid in emergency tax? I have been paid since but didn’t get it back in my most recent pay.

Probably best to ring revenue. They should be able to advise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Checked mine in the last few mins, mine has been uploaded. Had submitted the form on 6th January and it had been coming up as "will be uploaded shortly" even at 8pm this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Former Coach

Wasn’t there a mention that (in relation to PUP) that payments received between March and August were ‘Emergency Payments’ and therefore not liable to tax. Only payments received from August on are liable to tax? Would appreciate if somebody could clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Wasn’t there a mention that (in relation to PUP) that payments received between March and August were ‘Emergency Payments’ and therefore not liable to tax. Only payments received from August on are liable to tax? Would appreciate if somebody could clarify.

No, both the TWSS and PUP were always taxable. The change after August was to ensure tax was taken at source so further bills wouldn't arise for employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Sort of similar situation. I only started working in June, so I thought I'd have 5 months of unused tax credits. And then in June I paid a huge amount of tax as I didn't end the home carer tax credit in time. I thought I'd be getting all of this back and calculated an approximate refund of 2,300. SOL says I am getting a refund of 840.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Mine was available just a few minutes ago now too....hadn't been available all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

dashdoll wrote: »
    Mine was available just a few minutes ago now too....hadn't been available all day.

Same here submitted yesterday and ready there now. €661 on the way to my account. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

Just got mine there...I was getting tired of all the refreshing!
    Overpayment of 1.7k!

(Charged 20% on PUP for 12 weeks March-June)
    Overpayment from getting taxed 40% from June on.

Very Happy

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Ugh still no joy here! I’ll check again in the morning

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

It's a pittance really

I thought the same too. In cash terms I got €22 for working from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

Just got mine underpayment of 260 € what a relief. Thought it will be 1k at least..

• Advertisement

I thought the same too. In cash terms I got €22 for working from home.

I spent an hour sorting my receipts for it, hardly worth the time. At least I understand it now, was melting my head all week

• Registered Users Posts: 30,298 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mine came in at about midnight overpayment of €402.00.
    Hope I read that right!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Mine came through. My PUP amount is 700euro more than the statement from the myWelfare site for 2020.

350 I got paid in 2021 but was for December 25th - 31st so I could understand that being different. It doesn't show on the myWelfare statement for 2020.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I spent an hour sorting my receipts for it, hardly worth the time. At least I understand it now, was melting my head all week

Definitely not really worth the effort. I switched broadband provider this year and spent an hour on the phone to Vodafone trying to get old bills reissued in case Revenue looked for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,554 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I spent a good hour or so with the app taking photos of everything, along with all my medical bills saves throughout the year too - amounted to 78 euro in the end.

I'd have paid 78 euro not to do any of that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

mine came in at 53 overpayment, I put in the stay and spend and working from home which came to 234 so ended up saving myself a tax bill for my trouble and a couple of bob for milk and cigarettes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Constant 503 errors when clicking on review my tax :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

brianomc wrote: »
    Mine came through. My PUP amount is 700euro more than the statement from the myWelfare site for 2020.

350 I got paid in 2021 but was for December 25th - 31st so I could understand that being different. It doesn't show on the myWelfare statement for 2020.

I made this mistake, I put in the PUP amount from the my payments section on the Welfare site. However the PUP payment was called a Supplementary Welfare Allowance for the first few weeks. I put less into my tax returns and I have sent them a message to say I made a mistake but I think the wrong figures are why its taking so long for the SOL. The website won't let me amend until the SOL issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It was an argument put forward by opposition parties after an ammendment to budget/finance act, it didn't succeed so essentially all PUP payments are subject to taxation.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Mine up...about 400e my way... But major tax credits still not processed...

Wife was of the work..aka not working...- 0 income... We didnt claim anything....so i added home carer credit...that we are entitled to.... 2 small kids... Etc....that credit is not present on my statement...

Anybody have a clue why?

Advertisement