Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

natc wrote: »
    No I completed the tax return myself on Jan 2nd.

Sorry, missed that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Sorry, missed that bit.

No problem. Just wish they would channel their resources in to issuing the statements rather than correspondence that’s not required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Got a new document notification. It was an ammedned Tax credit certificate. Except, it's the exact same as the one the sent me 2 weeks ago, and the same as the one I recieved 2 weeks before that.
    Still no SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Got a new document notification. It was an ammedned Tax credit certificate. Except, it's the exact same as the one the sent me 2 weeks ago, and the same as the one I recieved 2 weeks before that.
    Still no SOL

Got the same this morning, new cert dated 16 Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Why would the amount overpaid and the amount due to be received into the bank be different on the P21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

Why would the amount overpaid and the amount due to be received into the bank be different on the P21

Have you been paid??

No Just a P21 Saying Result and 400 of a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 31 socute14

No Just a P21 Saying Result and 400 of a difference

That's strange alright.

I have sent in a my enquiry but I am jointly assessed and my husband had one of them tax back accountants on his as a payee so I deleted them but on his P21 it says the same 400 less to my bank account very weird

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

I also got an email saying I had new correspondence but when I go into My Enquiries there is nothing unread and the last correspondence there was in September. I have received my SOL on Monday, so I wonder if maybe its a delay in the message going out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Do the health expenses claims take a while to process? I submitted mine for last year on January 5th for over 2 grand but still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

duffman13 wrote: »
    Same checked my documents and its empty for new correspondence

Just logged in again there and my P21 is there. Might be worth checking again for those who got an email this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Do the health expenses claims take a while to process? I submitted mine for last year on January 5th for over 2 grand but still nothing.

I did similar last year and for whatever reason, it took months to come through. I waited this year for SOL and submitted yesterday and just got my P21 today

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

I spoke with Revenue this morning as I can't access my SOL. They told me that my SOL has been processed and that I will receive my overpayment on Thursday. I queried why my SOL was not visible, which she could not answer. However she said that on her side it is processed and completed and told me what I was due. To be clear, when I called yesterday the reason it had not been processed was that the PUP figure that I had submitted was different to theirs, so I gave her to go ahead to amend the figure (more than my calculations) purely to avoid further delays. I will await my overpayment and review the SOL then

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I processed mine last week and got my SoL over the weekend. Hopefully will have money in the bank by the end of the week...it's been a long time since December payday!

I spoke with Revenue this morning as I can't access my SOL. They told me that my SOL has been processed and that I will receive my overpayment on Thursday. I queried why my SOL was not visible, which she could not answer. However she said that on her side it is processed and completed and told me what I was due. To be clear, when I called yesterday the reason it had not been processed was that the PUP figure that I had submitted was different to theirs, so I gave her to go ahead to amend the figure (more than my calculations) purely to avoid further delays. I will await my overpayment and review the SOL then

I have just received my SOL online. Taxed 40% on all my PUP payments of €8k 😬

I processed mine last week and got my SoL over the weekend. Hopefully will have money in the bank by the end of the week...it's been a long time since December payday!

From what revenue have told me, that will be in your acct this Thursday. I know the feeling!!

I have just received my SOL online. Taxed 40% on all my PUP payments of €8k 😬

A genuine 'tongue in cheek' query. Can I request that I pay the PUP taxable amount over four years as per press releases. Or will Revenue laugh at this suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Once it was granted for 2020 it should show on your Actual SOL as long as you earned enough to pay tax last year. If you didn’t earn enough to pay tax it won’t show on the SOL.

If you have only just applied it may not be on your Preliminary SOL, but should be on the Actual SOL when you get it. If it isn’t then send in a myEnquiry and they will sort it for you.

It should also show on your 2021 tax credit cert under your credits.

Paid 11k in taxes only...got sol 400 overpayment...but missing the 1600 credit... Tahts all. Thank you. Will try to resubb again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

A genuine 'tongue in cheek' query. Can I request that I pay the PUP taxable amount over four years as per press releases. Or will Revenue laugh at this suggestion?

It should automatically say on the SOL.
    Also if you owe 8k then you won't receive any money from revenue as it will all go to paying off the bill.

• Advertisement

It should automatically say on the SOL.
    Also if you owe 8k then you won't receive any money from revenue as it will all go to paying off the bill.

Sorry I should have stated 40% of €8k = €2k taxed. It had been deducted as per SOL. Just wondering if they are giving people the option to repay over 4 years, could I request the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 hada87

I only started work in Ireland in June of this year (after a period of 4 years abroad) - I would have thought I would have been due some sort of repayment due to tax credits not being used... I know I did inform revenue prior to commencing work but understood this was to avoid emergency tax.

However my SOL shows a small underpayment. Would I need to complete a tax return to check if I was entitled to a refund?! When I left Ireland I simply requested a P21 balancing statement at the end of the year which entitled me to a refund as I left Ireland part way through the year, but don’t see the option to deal with the reverse.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

hada87 wrote: »
    I only started work in Ireland in June of this year (after a period of 4 years abroad) - I would have thought I would have been due some sort of repayment due to tax credits not being used... I know I did inform revenue prior to commencing work but understood this was to avoid emergency tax.

However my SOL shows a small underpayment. Would I need to complete a tax return to check if I was entitled to a refund?! When I left Ireland I simply requested a P21 balancing statement at the end of the year which entitled me to a refund as I left Ireland part way through the year, but don’t see the option to deal with the reverse.

Many thanks.

Your employer has probably adjusted your pay shortly after you started to take account of the 'unused' credits up to June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

The eagle has landed, I repeat, the eagle has landed.

The money is in my account!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

I can’t view my SOL it keeps saying it has been requested. Should I be able to view it by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Mine finally came through this morning thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Got the refund this morning also.
    Now if I could just go to shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Mine is finally available to view! And it gets even better...:the agent on the phone on Monday only told me of my overpayment amount. My husband also had an overpayment so there’s actually €500 on its way to my bank account!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I'm still waiting on my SOL. What is taking them so long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I submitted mine yesterday afternoon - had a look in revenue this morning not expecting anything and there was my sol - with 1100 refund - most I’ve ever gotten. My husbands hours were significantly reduced during the year so he mustn’t have used all his credits and I was paying 40% so I’m delighted!!!

Advertisement