Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I have sent in a my enquiry but I am jointly assessed and my husband had one of them tax back accountants on his as a payee so I deleted them but on his P21 it says the same 400 less to my bank account very weird

Mine splits my husband gets some and I get some - would some have gone to your husbands account?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Mine is still saying processing .......
    This is so frustrating

Sinus pain wrote: »
    I submitted mine yesterday afternoon - had a look in revenue this morning not expecting anything and there was my sol - with 1100 refund - most I’ve ever gotten. My husbands hours were significantly reduced during the year so he mustn’t have used all his credits and I was paying 40% so I’m delighted!!!

Seems to be the same last-in-first-out approach as last year. The wait continues...

Seems to be the same last-in-first-out approach as last year. The wait continues...

I don’t know - I did mine early last year and it was done really quickly. I’ve nothing complicated on line I actually forgot about the tax relief for eating out so never submitted it - It informed me about the over payment when I went in to it - then I added my Health and working from home (which didn’t boost it by much to be honest) I don’t have any other credits to claim - could it have been that line is less complicated than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Got my refund, delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Mine is still saying processing .......
    This is so frustrating

Same 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I resubmitted mine but still waiting. Will give it the rest of the week and will ring them if I don't get it Monday week

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Same 😡

I'm in the same boat. But not quite time yet to get inpatient. It's been going at lightning speed compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

tfeldi wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. But not quite time yet to get inpatient. It's been going at lightning speed compared to last year.

Ah im not too bothered, ive too much time on my hands lately...
    At least it'll be scrutinised properly, id hate to be billed for a tax in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

My husband has an underpayment of USC of 135.94.

Does anyone know how this happens? He hasn't changed employment during the last 3 years, but his hours did increase a bit last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Does anyone know how this happens? He hasn't changed employment during the last 3 years, but his hours did increase a bit last year.

Its hard without seeing the sol itself....but in general its correct as usc is calculated on income...if his income increased and his employer didnt reflect that the revenue will ofc take it...

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭JamBur

So after submitting some bits and bobs, my preliminary figure of 2576 has become 2386. Still unpleasant.

See you guys next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Anyone know how to add a Personal Pension to the statement of liability?

Can't see it anywhere in the Tax credits & reliefs section. I see the PRSA part but my understanding is that a personal pension is different as it is not attached to my employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dublinstuff

I don’t know - I did mine early last year and it was done really quickly. I’ve nothing complicated on line I actually forgot about the tax relief for eating out so never submitted it - It informed me about the over payment when I went in to it - then I added my Health and working from home (which didn’t boost it by much to be honest) I don’t have any other credits to claim - could it have been that line is less complicated than others?

"Tax relief for eating out"??? I'm intrigued

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

"Tax relief for eating out"??? I'm intrigued

Stay and Spend tax credit.

Introduced last year during Covid. Runs till April iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Submitted Monday, Statement today, small refund due, (thanks e-working credit) - Imagine i'll have it in account tomorrow.

Waaaaaaay quicker than last years travesty where was waiting 2/3 months for it!

wonski wrote: »
    Stay and Spend tax credit.

Introduced last year during Covid. Runs till April iirc.

Thanks - couldn’t think of the name of it!

Same happened my son except 800+

My husband has a small under payment of usc - he was on TWSS for a few weeks and I think it was from that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Thanks - couldn’t think of the name of it!

I actually thought it was Stay and Save lol.

Spend sounds more like it.

I wasn't in restaurant, hotel or pub since the first lockdown so couldn't avail of that offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

In my account this morning. Even though I sen them an enquiry as I don't feel that the amount is right. My enquiry has still not been opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Hibernicis wrote: »
    SOL landed some time today (wasn’t there this morning). We had submitted our Income Tax Return for 2020 just over a week ago. €400 refund which is about what I was expecting, so happy enough with that.

As per the above we received our SOL on Sunday evening. The refunds landed on our bank accounts at midday today (Wednesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Same happened my son except 800+

My husband has a small under payment of usc - he was on TWSS for a few weeks and I think it was from that

Well his hourly pay increased when covid started and he went from 3-4 days a week to pretty much 5 days a week for the whole year. So it must be something to do with that. I did go back and check 2019 as well and looks like he underpaid USC then as well. I would imagine its the employer getting it wrong as the guy that runs the place and does the payroll is a bit of a moron, always making mistakes with pay.

I'll get my husband to bring it up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Where is my statement @? Very annoying.

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    Where is my statement @? Very annoying.

Will be available shortly....

I know its painful situation to be in.... I hope you gonna get it soon.. mine was available at 2pm few days a go but as i mentioned they didnt include all tax credit so i had to resubmit on 18.1. still nada as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 saltandsug

Did it for my friend.

I am pretty sure he got paid twice in error.

he got paid 2200~ last friday ( 2018 & 2020)

Then got paid 1200~ on wednesday ( looks like 2020 amount).

Will Revenue catch this error ? any suggestions. I want to see his figures once more to see if its error - but i wont ask cause i think he think i might send an enquiry ( i wont lol , just curious )

saltandsug wrote: »
    Did it for my friend.

Will Revenue catch this error ? any suggestions. I want to see his figures once more to see if its error - but i wont ask cause i think he think i might send an enquiry ( i wont lol , just curious )

Not disclosing this to revenue is criminal offense... and punishable

Example if you received funds by mistake and you dont disclose it...its considered as theft. Tell your friend that the hassle behind the money is not worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Used my revenue many times but this ( understandably) is the slowest. Completed the 2019 returns in September and received the ’ usual’ email saying they would review it and respond shortly. Very little difference from the pre-filled form bar medical expenses ( which were unfortunately quite high) and a little interest <€10. I have all the receipts and half expect them to ask for them ( all in order) but all I’m getting is the message that is will be available shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 saltandsug

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Not disclosing this to revenue is criminal offense... and punishable

Example if you received funds by mistake and you dont disclose it...its considered as theft. Tell your friend that the hassle behind the money is not worth.

Thanks , I am trying to find some info on this on Revenue/Citizens info , I cant find anything . Do you have any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Did it for my friend.

It might not be a mistake, just check or get him to check the recent messages from Revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Did it for my friend.

The amount to be repaid would be shown next to “Treatment of Result” on his SOL. He will have one SOL for each year he reviewed. All he has to do is check the result, and he will know if he has been overpaid in error (as will Revenue).

Advertisement