Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 yalla345

I agree with that. But what can we do? This is really frustrating and annoying. I just wish that they know how many people are suffering because of their uselessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

yalla345 wrote: »
    I agree with that. But what can we do? This is really frustrating and annoying. I just wish that they know how many people are suffering because of their uselessness.

I feel for you....while i am sorted.... i went from 3th of january to 3 days a go... broke....with cc maxed out...

I am hoping that rest of yous will get sorted asap....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

My SoL has been showing as "available" for some time now. But when I hit view I get an error message saying "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly."

Has this been everyone else's experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

bp_me wrote: »
    My SoL has been showing as "available" for some time now. But when I hit view I get an error message saying "We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly."

Has this been everyone else's experience?

Yes it's happening for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

Bikerguy wrote: »
    I feel for you....while i am sorted.... i went from 3th of january to 3 days a go... broke....with cc maxed out...

I am hoping that rest of yous will get sorted asap....

Ah bikerman! You remember us! Even after you became a rich man, you still come around to see us :p:pac::cool: .

Yeah another early January here, 2nd I think, nothing this morning.

About what to do, I did tweet at them and @ everyone who would listen, papers etc. hoping for some, any traction.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Supervisor lol

You do know they put you on hold until someone close to them is free from a call and they speak to taxpayer. Same as most call centres

Yeh you keep telling yourself that.

Their is 1 EO for every 20 CO's on the phone in Dublin anyway.

Every 2nd or 3rd person is looking a supervisor now the SOL are not issuing. You think 1 EO is going around 20 people talking to anyone who wants talk to him or her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Nothing changed at all in since submitting early Jan. I did raise an Enquiry and after a few weeks got a response saying that something had been manually done to process it so I should have something by Friday........ Last Friday came and went with no change whatsoever.

I'm not stuck for cash but it bothers me that I haven't got this closed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 WEZANGO

Actually thats what I thought about today. Why none of the newspapers write about it?

Also next time I have to pay my car tax, I'll just print the page that says 'Your statement of liability will be availabe shortly' and put it under my windshield.
    Elysium1 wrote: »
    Ah bikerman! You remember us! Even after you became a rich man, you still come around to see us :p:pac::cool: .

Yeah another early January here, 2nd I think, nothing this morning.

About what to do, I did tweet at them and @ everyone who would listen, papers etc. hoping for some, any traction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Still waiting for an answer for the MyEnquiries I sent in over 7 weeks ago.

I've phoned Revenue who, although were courteous, assigned the matter to themselves on each occasion only for the matter to sit there again for weeks again.

I feel like I'm left floating. My positivity is draining slowly but surely. I'm hoping it hasn't fallen through the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lipbalmpam

And then just like that the magic yellow dot appeared!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

What date do you submit?

Mine is there too this morning.

Originally submitted on 14th January and resubmitted again in February. I know someone who knows someone who works in Revenue and they said all they could see was the original one we had submitted which had not been approved (couldn't find receipts for medical expenses). Told me to resubmit which i did on 28th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lipbalmpam

What date do you submit?

I submitted on 20th Jan......

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

I'm the 10th Jan. Obviously a completely random system

Hopefully it's not going to be much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

SoL in my inbox today. One millennium later.

Great I can stop bitching now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Seems random....for me submitting the sol again kinda helped i believe....

Hey to all of you that got it recently.. money if due will hit your account in 2 days in general...

To all waiting.... be patient it will come.... the hard times are there so we can appreciate the good times more...

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

FGR wrote: »
    Still waiting for an answer for the MyEnquiries I sent in over 7 weeks ago.

I've phoned Revenue who, although were courteous, assigned the matter to themselves on each occasion only for the matter to sit there again for weeks again.

I feel like I'm left floating. My positivity is draining slowly but surely. I'm hoping it hasn't fallen through the net.

Just got a reply at 09:04 after the same amount of weeks waiting. Same excuses with no resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭zepman

Yeah, I submitted mine by the evening of Jan 1st and don't have the SOL yet. Thought I was being smart doing it as early as possible. :o

Still nothing here. I just gave up. Not checking my account anymore. They know where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

I gave up too. This is simply a terrible service. I dont believe it is a tech issue either. I am in IT myself. No tech issue will take that long to solve. If you cant solve it surely there are workarounds. You dont continue to troubleshoot for weeks.

IT here as well. This is getting ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Yellow dot today... almost didnt believe it. Submitted 3rd Jan and added medical expenses around 12th Jan. Keep the faith.. hopefully it'll be soon for everyone else now

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MacConmheadha

Can anyone make sense of this for me?

I submitted my SoL on Monday but I haven't got it back yet. When I clicked into it initially it gave me a preliminary result of a €1200 underpayment.

I worked for two companies last year and went through each payslip, I paid the correct amount of tax in each payslip for both companies. However, if you add my gross taxable income form each company together into one number and use that to calculate my tax due I underpaid €1200...

How can I pay the correct amount of tax monthly but underpay in the yearly figure?

I had no additional income and my tax credits were correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I submitted my SoL on Monday but I haven't got it back yet. When I clicked into it initially it gave me a preliminary result of a €1200 underpayment.

I worked for two companies last year and went through each payslip, I paid the correct amount of tax in each payslip for both companies. However, if you add my gross taxable income form each company together into one number and use that to calculate my tax due I underpaid €1200...

How can I pay the correct amount of tax monthly but underpay in the yearly figure?

It's down to your tax credits.

Of course you can't pay the correct amount of tax and owe tax at the same time.

wonski wrote: »
    It's down to your tax credits.

Of course you can't pay the correct amount of tax and owe tax at the same time.

My circumstances didn’t change so my tax credits stayed the same throughout the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My circumstances didn’t change so my tax credits stayed the same throughout the year.

I presume your tax credits were not applied correctly over the year then.

Type in your income into one of many tax calculators available online.

The only reason you underpaid your tax is one of your employers not applying correct tax credit.

There is no magic about it. Your earnings are what they are. So is the tax credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Did you get paid by both companies in one month and both used your credits?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

cnbyz wrote: »
    I gave up too. This is simply a terrible service. I dont believe it is a tech issue either. I am in IT myself. No tech issue will take that long to solve. If you cant solve it surely there are workarounds. You dont continue to troubleshoot for weeks.

No they are just not bothering doing them.

Some of the posts here thats the most ridiculous

• Advertisement

Ciaran wrote: »
    Did you get paid by both companies in one month and both used your credits?

I got paid by both companies in April and May. My payslips from the second company mentions tax credits but the first company’s ones don’t.

Advertisement