Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 yalla345

Last year I received mine in June believe it or not, after 3 times issuing the wrong amount and keeping telling me that they double-checked it and that's the final decision. The difference was about 3000 euros if you want to know.

This year tho, just like y'all, I am still waiting.

What a bunch of ******

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shellybabes87

So sick of waiting now submitted the 7th of January done my partners the same time his was back within 2 weeks not due a refund I know I am rang a number of times told different every time I think they must have a list of excuses there and just pick one... Apparently now the hold up with mine is I have a week 53 payment from employment for 2019 should only have 52 as there are 52 weeks in a year she said and they have no fix for that issue yet just need to wait it was only when I hung up(I'm currently taking strong painkillers for sciatica so a bit slow!!) I thought hold on I was only in employment for 36 weeks in 2019 I was unemployed from January to April so I wouldn't even have 52 weeks paid in employment never mind 53 weeks... Anyone else been told this?? I really need my refund back now since January as business is quite my hours are cut down to a day or 2 a week and only 3 to 4 hours a day i have 3 kids and bills need paying but just hitting a brick wall constantly with them nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

So sick of waiting now submitted the 7th of January done my partners the same time his was back within 2 weeks not due a refund I know I am rang a number of times told different every time I think they must have a list of excuses there and just pick one... Apparently now the hold up with mine is I have a week 53 payment from employment for 2019 should only have 52 as there are 52 weeks in a year she said and they have no fix for that issue yet just need to wait it was only when I hung up(I'm currently taking strong painkillers for sciatica so a bit slow!!) I thought hold on I was only in employment for 36 weeks in 2019 I was unemployed from January to April so I wouldn't even have 52 weeks paid in employment never mind 53 weeks... Anyone else been told this?? I really need my refund back now since January as business is quite my hours are cut down to a day or 2 a week and only 3 to 4 hours a day i have 3 kids and bills need paying but just hitting a brick wall constantly with them nightmare

I am really sorry for yoru situation..... if it helps...you aint alone... i did mine on the 3th...nothing....i have 2 small kids and my wife under my belt... i am working my arse off but have tk take some temp loan... yes i was forced so far.... just to survive... i work 50h a week...and driving 09 vw... not drinking etc... so not living high life... just surviving...and this situation is not helping at all.... i mean at all....

I can really just hope that its gonna happen sooner then later...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

I've been waiting five weeks for a reply via my enquiries. I know I've been told that they're up the walls and aren't focusing on 2019 enquiries until all the current SOLs are issued - but as of now I owe revenue 500 until they see documentation from my workplace to show they actually owe me in excess of 600.

It's not as if I can go without that cash at the minute. I'll have to phone again on Monday to find out what's going on unfortunately.

FGR wrote: »
    I've been waiting five weeks for a reply via my enquiries. I know I've been told that they're up the walls and aren't focusing on 2019 enquiries until all the current SOLs are issued - but as of now I owe revenue 500 until they see documentation from my workplace to show they actually owe me in excess of 600.

It's not as if I can go without that cash at the minute. I'll have to phone again on Monday to find out what's going on unfortunately.

Good luck. Keep us posted please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

At this rate I'm abandoning my plans and earmarking the tax back for santa presents in December !!

Called them on Friday and was told that my claim is on hold because I received a refund last year. (Funniest reason ever)

The person I spoke to also said that he's going to reply to my email shortly. You can guess that he never did.

I'm calling them again first thing in the morning.

I'll keep calling them everyday.

I'm loosing my sh*****

Just logged on this evening and delighted to see the yellow dot in my documents finally my SOL has been issued no email yet to let me know it might come tomorrow and the SOL was dated yesterday but it was not in my documents this morning. Hope everyone else gets sorted over the next few days too delighted it's finally over but sadly in one hand out the other bills to pay 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Have many people applied for this and instead of a refund have received a tax bill?

Happened to my wife a few years ago as her work had screwed up some deductions- am in a way scared to apply incase it costs me...I know that sounds a bit dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dominicbrooks

Is anyone finding the issuing of statement of liability very slow.
    Filed mine on the 29th January and still no response.
    I did ring but they offered no timescale?

• Advertisement

How long did you have to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Still waiting since Jan 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Nothing here again..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bellatrix1

Nothing here too. It's nearly March!!! This is unbelievable

My daughters took 3 days but no refund involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Have many people applied for this and instead of a refund have received a tax bill?

Happened to my wife a few years ago as her work had screwed up some deductions- am in a way scared to apply incase it costs me...I know that sounds a bit dumb.

They would then just deduct your credits over a few years. What you can do is go to taxback.com and input your figures there and it will give you an idea. They will email you looking to submit on your behalf but you can just ignore it.

Is anyone finding the issuing of statement of liability very slow.
    Filed mine on the 29th January and still no response.
    I did ring but they offered no timescale?

Some people have been waiting since the 1st of January. I'm waiting since the 14th. I know i'm due a refund so it's very frustrating.

Very unlike Revenue to stop refunds unless new system has thrown up an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Finally sorted! Statement issued over the weekend - I hope everyone gets sorted soon!

Very unlike Revenue to stop refunds unless new system has thrown up an issue?

If you read back through the thread you'll see that there has been a major issue with the new system and for now Revenue are saying they don't know how to fix it.
    People have been contacting them for weeks and getting different answers from them

• Advertisement

Hi,just pure frustation got me on the thread,many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Still nothing here today

Hi,just pure frustation got me on the thread,many thanks.

I feel your pain:D

Hopefully it gets sorted soon

So I called them today and was told another story this time. They said that they have a technical issue and that no one knows when it will be resolved.

Hate saying this, but I'm glad I don't anymore work in country that treat it's taxpayer this way. I paid huge tax last few years and this is how they treat us.

I don't need the money but I feel really sorry for people in this thread who really need it to look after their families.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

rsl1976 wrote: »
    They would then just deduct your credits over a few years. What you can do is go to taxback.com and input your figures there and it will give you an idea. They will email you looking to submit on your behalf but you can just ignore it.

Just a warning- taxback will then add themselves to your Revenue accoun as your tax agent, and any future refunds will then issue to them, and they will deduct commission. Only way to get them off your account again is to call Revenue to get them removed.

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I feel your pain:D

Hopefully it gets sorted soon

Sorry, mate but According to the person I spoke to this morning. This is not a matter of a few days. Looks like they don't know what's happening. Their IT guys have been trying to fix this for the last 3 weeks and still can't resolve it.

Just a warning- taxback will then add themselves to your Revenue accoun as your tax agent, and any future refunds will then issue to them, and they will deduct commission. Only way to get them off your account again is to call Revenue to get them removed.

They have never done that to me and i have used their site to calculate on more than one occasion

That is only if you take them on to claim your refund on your behalf, you can fill in the details and they can look into how much of a refund your should be entitled to based on figures you submit to them from your p60 no obligation to actually hire them after that. I did find a very good calculator online and it was very accurate on the refund I was due it matches exactly what my SOL says just enter details from the p60 and instantly comes up ill see can I find it again now should have bookmarked it

Found the calculator very accurate just follow the steps use your p60 for the details, instantly gives u an estimate... The amount it told me I was due is exactly what my SOL says I'm getting back handy to have instead of submitting details to taxback.com or any on those similar sites

financialplanner.ie/tax-refund-calculator just add the www to the start won't let me post a url

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Found the calculator very accurate just follow the steps use your p60 for the details, instantly gives u an estimate... The amount it told me I was due is exactly what my SOL says I'm getting back handy to have instead of submitting details to taxback.com or any on those similar sites

financialplanner.ie/tax-refund-calculator just add the www to the start won't let me post a url

Many thanks

Advertisement