Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

how can we escalate this ? i am owed ~ 7k and i need it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 yalla345

cnbyz wrote: »
    how can we escalate this ? i am owed ~ 7k and i need it

Unfortunately, There's nothing you can do - I am expecting 4k+ tried everything and now I just gave up. :D

good luck, mate!

@All - Anyone received anything today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lipbalmpam

Nada.... I'm owed almost 3k and really need it at this stage!!!!! Applied on 20th Jan!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Start contacting the local TDs:D

• Advertisement

yalla345 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, There's nothing you can do - I am expecting 4k+ tried everything and now I just gave up. :D

good luck, mate!
    Minister of Finance ?

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Start contacting the local TDs:D

:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Lipbalmpam wrote: »
    Nada.... I'm owed almost 3k and really need it at this stage!!!!! Applied on 20th Jan!!!!

If you have an income at a level where you have OVERpaid your tax by 3k, surely you have access to finance if / when you need it?

My mind is boggling at the level of some of the overpayments that people here are talking about, the whole point of the real time system is to reduce the number and amount of over- and underpayments by dealing with things in real time in-year...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lipbalmpam

If you have an income at a level where you have OVERpaid your tax by 3k, surely you have access to finance if / when you need it?

My mind is boggling at the level of some of the overpayments that people here are talking about, the whole point of the real time system is to reduce the number and amount of over- and underpayments by dealing with things in real time in-year...

Not that I need to clarify BUT I was made redundant last July and have an overpayment of tax of almost €2k. I have medical expenses refund of €900 on top of that for private health care for my son that is not covered by our VHI. As I am not working at present and we are still paying almost €100 per week on healthcare for my 16 yearold son. Yes I do need my refund ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

I'm guessing many people here may be experiencing one more of the following.. large medical bills, contractors who work as paye workers under an umbrella company who have had no work in that last few months of the year, individuals who have taken redundancy payments last year and have not worked and are thus due a larger than usual rebate. Undoubtedly it is only those in specific circumstances who are eager to get this debacle closed out asap, and they are here venting their understandable frustration.

• Advertisement

I overpaid 4K last year and I expect the same this year. Big part of the sum is aggregation relief. And yes you are right, I don't need the money but the fact that they are telling us porkies when we call them (I called 3 times and heard 3 different excuses for the delay) is the frustrating part. Last year I received my refunds in June. (Applied Mid Feb)

Lipbalmpam wrote: »
    Not that I need to clarify BUT I was made redundant last July and have an overpayment of tax of almost €2k. I have medical expenses refund of €900 on top of that for private health care for my son that is not covered by our VHI. As I am not working at present and we are still paying almost €100 per week on healthcare for my 16 yearold son. Yes I do need my refund ASAP.

Sorry to hear that.

Probably not much use to you or anyone else whose overpayments arise from similar circumstances, but you can claim back tax in-year when you’re made unemployed during the year. https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/periods-of-unemployment/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I added health expenses on Friday and the statement off liability was available on Saturday to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Website is down at the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Phoned Revenue today and spoke with someone who was very knowledgable - however I don't think they understood my query in its entirety as I'm pretty poor at explaining things.

As a result I'm hoping that they haven't transferred my MyEnquiries to themselves as I reckon I could be in for another bill, another MyEnquiries submission and another long wait.

Will have to phone back tomorrow to hopefully see that it hasn't happened. Fingers crossed.

That said - Apparently all MyEnquiries submissions from early January should be tackled in the coming four days.

From what I've been told anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

splinter65 wrote: »
    Website is down at the moment,

Its down every single evening around that hours....check today...

FGR wrote: »
    Phoned Revenue today and spoke with someone who was very knowledgable - however I don't think they understood my query in its entirety as I'm pretty poor at explaining things.

As a result I'm hoping that they haven't transferred my MyEnquiries to themselves as I reckon I could be in for another bill, another MyEnquiries submission and another long wait.

Will have to phone back tomorrow to hopefully see that it hasn't happened. Fingers crossed.

That said - Apparently all MyEnquiries submissions from early January should be tackled in the coming four days.

From what I've been told anyway.

Problem is that they are saying the same for weeks.

Anyone got anything today? I have 0 again

Still nothing here.

Yellow dot anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

I contacted them yesterday.
    They told me the problem was because I was paid every 2 weeks, and that their system wasn't able to deal with that yet. They have some engineering team trying to come up with a fix.

I don't believe it for a minute though as surely it doesn't matter if I got paid hourly weekly or yearly. Its total amount paid and total tax paid over 2019 that matters/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Roddylarge wrote: »
    I contacted them yesterday.
    They told me the problem was because I was paid every 2 weeks, and that their system wasn't able to deal with that yet. They have some engineering team trying to come up with a fix.

I don't believe it for a minute though as surely it doesn't matter if I got paid hourly weekly or yearly. Its total amount paid and total tax paid over 2019 that matters/

You were told that to get you off the phone.
    No-one who answers the revenue phone lines knows what the issue is, or how long it will take to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Bojill wrote: »
    No-one who answers the revenue phone lines knows what the issue is, or how long it will take to resolve.

id say you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Bojill wrote: »

It’s pointless ringing them about this matter. It was the same in DEASP Illness Benefit section nearly 2 years ago when they switched to a new system. It just didn’t work and still doesn’t work properly because there was no proper preparation, it just went live and to hell with the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dominicbrooks

Revenue are having to process rebates way earlier than previous years because of the new systems.
    Revenue don't usually pay out ,they collect money.
    I think this may just be a classic cash flow issue as the system is working perfectly if you are "not" due a rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Revenue are having to process rebates way earlier than previous years because of the new systems.
    Revenue don't usually pay out ,they collect money.
    I think this may just be a classic cash flow issue as the system is working perfectly if you are "not" due a rebate.

:D, so they're delaying refunds because they can't afford to pay them all in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dominicbrooks

Just got my statement(inputed 29 Jan)
    Prelim tax ignored so rebate of 2k has turned into a bill of 3k?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Still no joy for me either. I resubmitted early feb and still haven't heard back. Although I can't amend mine anymore and it says I have to wait for the SOL to come so I guess that might be some progress.

Just to follow up on this. Still haven't got an SOL or anything yet but for some reason I'm allowed to amend my tax return again. It used to tell me I can't edit it as a return is being looked at and I have to wait until my SOL comes but now it says:

"To help you amend your return we have included certain important information from your Revenue record. This information may have been received since you filed your Income Tax Return."

And if I click okay on that it lets me edit the whole thing again just like when I filled out my first return (as in before I resubmitted). So basically I don't know if I'm back at square one or not. Anyone else have this happen at any point?

Just got my statement(inputed 29 Jan)
    Prelim tax ignored so rebate of 2k has turned into a bill of 3k?

What are you talking about preliminary tax? This thread is about Statements of Liability for PAYE taxpayers, preliminary tax has nothing to do with it... are you in the self-assessment system and talking about an income tax assessment?

Just to follow up on this. Still haven't got an SOL or anything yet but for some reason I'm allowed to amend my tax return again. It used to tell me I can't edit it as a return is being looked at and I have to wait until my SOL comes but now it says:

"To help you amend your return we have included certain important information from your Revenue record. This information may have been received since you filed your Income Tax Return."

And if I click okay on that it lets me edit the whole thing again just like when I filled out my first return (as in before I resubmitted). So basically I don't know if I'm back at square one or not. Anyone else have this happen at any point?

Most of us re-submitted...some got it and some includig me are still waiting.

• Advertisement

This is the response i received today in My Enquires .

The non resident aggregation relief has been added to you account however it is not being reflected on the Statement of Liability.

Once this is fixed the updated Statement will issue to you.

Apologies for the delays to you.

Advertisement