Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

I submitted mine the 7th of January, today was my fourth phone call. I’ve been fobbed off on every previous occasion.
    I stumbled upon this thread at the weekend trying to figure out what the delay was. The guy on the phone wasn’t inclined to be helpful at first, used the high volume excuse. When I told him I’ve read every excuse going from this thread he actually looked into it.
    So he gave me the week 53 excuse, he says he changed something and mine should be ok now. He also told me I’m looking at a rebate of about 2,7k which is in and around what I expected, and it should be sorted within a week. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Not sure if I'm dreaming or not as its 4.30am but I FINALLY have that little yellow dot and a nice refund due ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

deise18 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm dreaming or not as its 4.30am but I FINALLY have that little yellow dot and a nice refund due ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

When did you check last time...its most likely sitting there for days... lol

My SOL’s there this morning, definitely worth a phone call

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Bikerguy wrote:
    When did you check last time...its most likely sitting there for days... lol

No wasn't there at 8pm yesterday.. hope everyone else gets sorted now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 bellatrix1

Well it finally arrived!! Good luck to everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

deise18 wrote: »
    No wasn't there at 8pm yesterday.. hope everyone else gets sorted now too.

Hallelujah.... praise the Lord...

Mine is there as well...

Now just wait for the money to hit my acc.

Thank you all involved... what a stressful time period...

Again happy days...

Hint: no email...just a wee dot...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 yalla345

Lucky you. Nothing here. Will definitely give them a call later.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I had submitted 2017, 2018 and 2019 4 weeks ago.
    Got 2017 and 2018 within 4 days

2019 had stalled but thankfully appeared last night.

Had rang a few times , but that didn't seem to have any impact.

Not as much as I thought, but every little helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cutielaide

Submitted 8th of january and it came in this morning.

Good luck everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    I added health expenses on Friday and the statement off liability was available on Saturday to view.

Money transferred to the account overnight :)

I called them again this morning and was told that the technical issue is still there and that no one knows when it's going to be fixed. He also said that it could be weeks, could be months before they fix this. I don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

Mine is also there this morning, nice little refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DavidK1993

Submitted on the 2nd of January and still absolutely nothing. I’m owed a substantial amount too! Have called several times and been fobbed off every single time. Is there anything anyone else found sped up the process I’m at my wits end here!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I was told on Monday that if a SOL had previously issued for 2019 that that is causing the issue. However we haven't had 1 issue at all so that can't be right

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I was told on Monday that if a SOL had previously issued for 2019 that that is causing the issue. However we haven't had 1 issue at all so that can't be right

They told me the same last week but when I told them about this lovely thread they changed their excuse and told me other stories.

The people who answer the phones have no idea about what's happening. however, they do have a list of excuses and they will give you one just to keep you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

How long after receiving statement does money go into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

je551e wrote: »
    How long after receiving statement does money go into account?

Mine was issued for 2018 on Thursday 30 January and the money was in my account on Tuesday 4th February.. 3-5 days could vary slightly depending on your bank

DavidK1993 wrote: »
    Submitted on the 2nd of January and still absolutely nothing. I’m owed a substantial amount too! Have called several times and been fobbed off every single time. Is there anything anyone else found sped up the process I’m at my wits end here!

Try calling them and hope you get talking to someone that’s willing to help, I did yesterday, he changed something & my SOL was there this morning

I begged for that but was told that there's nothing they can do. Maybe weeks, maybe months that's what he kept telling me.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

just had a quick call with the folls in revenue. Similar story. They've been told that there is an underlying technical issue with no further details. After a little pushing, they coudl tell me that my return had moved to a point of waiting a manual approval with a case worker (or something to that effect).... which means (allegedly) that it's further on in the process, and that it may be worth calling back in a week :( to check what that 'approval status' is. They were very clear that they had nothing to do with IT, workflow or an other group in there. They just answered the phones.....

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bonjurkes

As to my understanding; if you don't owe any money to government or if you are not asking for tax return then yours will get approved quickly (or automatically?). But if you have things like, social welfare or tax credit (that you are due bcs of your SO etc.) or health/insurance expenses which Revenue has to pay you back, then it has to go thru manual approval. Which they will double check that it "all looks good".

Probably they are under stuffed with the mix of technical issues that it takes so long time. I am waiting for over a month already and I resubmitted mine. When I called them and had to wait on the line for 15 minutes, I have been brushed off by saying "it's waiting approval".

There is X amount of people manually inspecting tax returns of whole country, which is causing the bottleneck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not true. Mine waa automatically approved over the weekend and received the refund today.

I think most of the issues are having those who filled in forms in early January and probably those with large health expenses.

Mine and few others I know were processed as in previous years quickly and hassle free.

It is unfair if one applied in January and still waiting, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

im wondering, If you owe an amount, I understand you can pay it back up to 4 years, but can you agree on a settlement (of lesser value) if you can pay it back at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 schlep

Still waiting since 6 January. Anyone else still waiting that long?

fitzparker wrote: »
    im wondering, If you owe an amount, I understand you can pay it back up to 4 years, but can you agree on a settlement (of lesser value) if you can pay it back at once?

They spread the underpayment over the following year

bonjurkes wrote: »
    As to my understanding; if you don't owe any money to government or if you are not asking for tax return then yours will get approved quickly (or automatically?). But if you have things like, social welfare or tax credit (that you are due bcs of your SO etc.) or health/insurance expenses which Revenue has to pay you back, then it has to go thru manual approval. Which they will double check that it "all looks good".

Probably they are under stuffed with the mix of technical issues that it takes so long time. I am waiting for over a month already and I resubmitted mine. When I called them and had to wait on the line for 15 minutes, I have been brushed off by saying "it's waiting approval".

There is X amount of people manually inspecting tax returns of whole country, which is causing the bottleneck.

He mentioned that it is auto approved under a certain amount

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Is it possible to go to the public counter at the Revenue Offices in Cork or Waterford?

I'm being pushed from pillar to post on the telephone service and, although I understand my query is difficult to understand, I feel I'm being left at the bottom of the pile. Six weeks after I sent the original MyEnquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

My daughter applied 4 weeks ago and got a small USC rebate today. Thrilled to bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

Just logged into my account and saw yellow dot, delighted to find all my tax credit certs are now unread from 2011 to date!! What the actual f! Another day and still no SOL.

Advertisement