Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesphinx

Ok not long of the phone now, I was direct and 2 the point. I had 3 questions that needed answering - I said I had gave them every oppertunity to answer them at a local level but have failed to do so. I said I feel I have no other choice but to contact the ombudsman. She agreed me and now they have escalalted it to a higher level, she has contacted her manager and her manager is contacting her manager - so hopefuly I will recieve some resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Jesus there is some amount of overreacting on this thread!

There's hundreds of thousands of people submitting returns in a very short space of time. What do people expect?

I submitted mine on the 3rd, still haven't received it, but guess what? I will! And I don't feel the need to whinge or hound people who are only doing their job!

If your really in such a dire need of your overpayment, maybe look at your finances overall and adjust accordingly.

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Jesus there is some amount of overreacting on this thread!

There's hundreds of thousands of people submitting returns in a very short space of time. What do people expect?

I submitted mine on the 3rd, still haven't received it, but guess what? I will! And I don't feel the need to whinge or hound people who are only doing their job!

If your really in such a dire need of your overpayment, maybe look at your finances overall and adjust accordingly.

If you have nothing valuable to say don't say anything at all, you cannot comment on anyone's situation. financial or otherwise - Maybe peole require the money for health reaasons or their car broke down.. I am deligted you are finacially stable that you don't require it... Ultimatley whether you need the money or not, it doesn't make sense that people who sumitted their returns in the last few days has recieved theirs and others who submitted theirs earlier in the month hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

What an asshole comment to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I submitted mine on the 10th, SoL became available Saturday and funds went into my account this morning.

A friend submitted hers on Thursday, got her SoL on Friday and funds went into her account today too. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

I presume if the Sol isn't in by now, it's not coming today.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I submitted Monday and got Sol already this morning. Assuming I will get money in the next day or two. Can't believe how quick it's been thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I called again today. Was told yesterday that I was getting refunded a certain amount and a different person told me today that she doesn't know how I could have been told that as she can't see what I'm due. Asked how people who submitted early in January are still waiting while people who only done it last week have received and she said she didn't know.

Said there were major technical difficulties the first 2 weeks and nothing was processed. They are working on the backlog and have 60% processed.

Again seems to be know rhyme or reason to how these are processed. Said it could be next week before I get it.

I recieved a phone call from someone in Revenue, and was told that my employer had not verified my earnings etc at the time of my submission , which was the 7th. I was also told that my employer ran 53 weeks last year which is supposed to be a problem with their system, it cannot process these automatically and are now looking for a manula override... I have now found out that this s a crock of sh1t as we haven't had 53 weeks in yearr... anyway someone is personally overseeing my record and will call me tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hells Belles

I am still waiting - submitted return on the 6th January. Thought I was being savvy doing it early but obviously not!

• Advertisement

I am still waiting - submitted return on the 6th January. Thought I was being savvy doing it early but obviously not!

Join the Savvy Club - Obvisouly it pays to be lastminute.com

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

been following this thread with interest: I submitted on either the 1st or 2nd of Jan and finally received confirmation of refund today.

I have now been told from Revenue that their system placed a block on people who got paid on the 31st December, i.e where there employer had a payroll run on the 31st December, she also continued to say that not all users that got paid on the 31st December was affected... I think it is a whole pile a nonsense, but I have to accespt with what I am told.

I wasn't paid on 31st and neither was my husband and we are still waiting. Any indication on when it might be resolved

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I wasn't paid on 31st and neither was my husband and we are still waiting. Any indication on when it might be resolved

I was told that their IT Department has identified the issue and is appying a fix so hopefully the SOL will be available tomorrow, is what I was told...

thesphinx wrote:
    I was told that their IT Department has identified the issue and is appying a fix so hopefully the SOL will be available tomorrow, is what I was told...

I won't hold my breath. Fingers crossed. It's the lack of clear communication that is really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Statement was just available now for me, how long does the refund take. 1100 due so I've spent it aleady

fritzelly wrote: »
    Statement was just available now for me, how long does the refund take. 1100 due so I've spent it aleady

Anything from 3 to 5 working days apparently, but if it is the same Bank it could be overnight... I have mine spent too...

fritzelly wrote:

Seems to be in most people's accounts within 3 days.
    When did you submit?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Bojill

thesphinx wrote: »
    I have now been told from Revenue that their system placed a block on people who got paid on the 31st December, i.e where there employer had a payroll run on the 31st December, she also continued to say that not all users that got paid on the 31st December was affected... I think it is a whole pile a nonsense, but I have to accespt with what I am told.

Fair play to them though, great imagination :D

• Advertisement

I don't believe anything they say at this stage because people are being told so many different scenarios.

I work with revenue and if there's an system issue it's never fixed fast

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rcarass

Does ringing them move it along quicker? Submitted it last Thursday and still nothing.

Rcarass wrote: »
    Does ringing them move it along quicker? Submitted it last Thursday and still nothing.

No.

People are waiting since the 1st of January. You'll probably hear back before them

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rcarass

michellie wrote: »
    No.

People are waiting since the 1st of January. You'll probably hear back before them

That’s crazy. I won’t hold my breath waiting on it so.... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I put my SoL request in and crazily it showed I had 50k more income then I actually had.

Seems to have taxed correctly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Employers had untill the 14th January to confirm amounts returned to Revenue and make any necessary adjustments. I'd imagine its easier to process SOL's filed after that date.

KBurke85 wrote: »
    Employers had untill the 14th January to confirm amounts returned to Revenue and make any necessary adjustments. I'd imagine its easier to process SOL's filed after that date.

They should have prcesses those who submitted theirs first, or prevented users from making a return if their system couldn't handle it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

So I called them today. She said it’s just an overload of applications on the system and not really bugs. She suggested the dates are random - she said she hasn’t got her’s yet. She said up to a few weeks of these to roll out. She wouldn’t give me any indication of refund/liable ☹️

Good news - by my calculation I am due a refund
    Bad news - the JB I had last year will likely consume it
    Good news - any JB repayment would be requested only in the year of use and will not affect 2020 taxes in any way.

Add that to the list of bizarre info. we’ve received...

Michelle - that wasn’t you on the phone was it?! 😉

Elysium1 wrote: »
    So I called them today. She said it’s just an overload of applications on the system and not really bugs. She suggested the dates are random - she said she hasn’t got her’s yet. She said up to a few weeks of these to roll out. She wouldn’t give me any indication of refund/liable ☹️

Good news - by my calculation I am due a refund
    Bad news - the JB I had last year will likely consume it
    Good news - any JB repayment would be requested only in the year of use and will not affect 2020 taxes in any way.

Add that to the list of bizarre info. we’ve received...

Michelle - that wasn’t you on the phone was it?! ��

I don't know why we are told different information, I was told it was a bug on the system and apparently a fix is been applied, and I should get mine tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath...

• Advertisement

I don't know why we are told different information, I was told it was a bug on the system and apparently a fix is been applied, and I should get mine tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath...

And I was told they had major technical issues

Advertisement