Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭spakman

He's sarcastic and unfunny and has a whiny Cork accent.
    People hear different things!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,278 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

spakman wrote: »
    He's sarcastic and unfunny and has a whiny Cork accent.
    People hear different things!

He says ‘Nooze’ instead of ‘News’.

That’s finishes him for me.

#itsnewsnotnooze

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

In light of Michael McNamara's speech earlier this week, it's important to understand how RTE operates. If a RyanAir representative comes on an RTE show and gives an opinion on vaccinations that RTE may not like, he is told by Philip Boucher Hayes to stay within the parameters of the subjects that his has expertise. If Jim Power comes on RTE and gives an opinion on vaccinations that RTE may happen to agree with, then he is allowed free reign to offer opinions on subjects that he has no expertise. God knows, Jim doesn't even have any credibility on subjects that he himself would claim to have expertise in.

They should get your good self on ....seem to have the low down on vaccines.... really missing a trick here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

From listening this wkend, Damien is light years ahead of BOC, much better in every regard.

Give him the job and move BOC on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

From listening this wkend, Damien is light years ahead of BOC, much better in every regard.

I think he’s brutal tbh. Much prefer O’Connor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Jill Kirby live from a fooking submarine, Jesus it’s impossible to listen too.

Ffs you’d think they could get a decent line for Jill Kirby? 3rd time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Not impressed with Damien pushing the hospitality agenda - mentioned it 3 times before Phil and Fionnan spoke (impressively) ,then introduces Jill Kirby to speak about. ....hospitality - when her speciality would be Ulster Bank.

Now that Damien is off his hobby horse the show is better - a strong line up is helping this morning.

Ah ffs Bernard O’Shea and Dermot Whelan on mindfulness. I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Who are these clowns. Laughing at their own jokes FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,165 ✭✭✭✭walshb

More bull**** scutter...

Anything for attention..

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

This guys mind has wandered too far to ever come back ..
    Poor fecker ..
    Covid claims another

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I think he’s brutal tbh. Much prefer O’Connor.

He found his niche in Countrywide and should stay there as he started off clueless and has become excellent. Bad and all as he is on this show he's still miles better than BOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

O O
    - - - -

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Del.Monte wrote: »
    He found his niche in Countrywide and should stay there as he started off clueless and has become excellent. Bad and all as he is on this show he's still miles better than BOC.

This a thousand times

BOC is beyond dreadful so even damo is light years ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Clue Girl

Ffs you’d think they could get a decent line for Jill Kirby? 3rd time now.

Desperate line and she repeated the hospitality incentive suggestion at the second go. Regarding the Ulster Bank withdrawal from the Irish Market, she didn’t have much to add. Oh, she said she was fine as she didn’t have any loans with them. Used to find her contributions better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Was great to hear the lads, Bernard and Dermot, talking about mindfulness. A wonderful “tool” to help those suffering during these trying, and unprecedented, times.

Hopefully the “message” reached a wide audience. There’s a lot of anger out there. An impotent rage that seems to be gripping a lot of men these days.

I would recommend anyone who is consumed with anger, and fear, over things they have no control over to, at least, try a few mindfulness “exercises”. I know they won’t be disappointed with the results.

Contentment is but a few breathing “exercises” away. Raging against NPHET, the government, women and minorities isn’t doing your mental health any good.

Yoga isn’t a bad shout either.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Was great to hear the lads, Bernard and Dermot, talking about mindfulness. A wonderful “tool” to help those suffering during these trying, and unprecedented, times.

Hopefully the “message” reached a wide audience. There’s a lot of anger out there. An impotent rage that seems to be gripping a lot of men these days.

I would recommend anyone who is consumed with anger, and fear, over things they have no control over to, at least, try a few mindfulness “exercises”. I know they won’t be disappointed with the results.

Contentment is but a few breathing “exercises” away. Raging against NPHET, the government, women and minorities isn’t doing your mental health any good.

Yoga isn’t a bad shout either.

If I was consumed with any of the above, I most certainly wouldn't take any advice of them pair of so called comedians,

Pair of idiots laughing at their unfunny jokes, but once your in the RTE fan club you will be okay because the will get plenty of work regardless of talent.

Turned on today, just for a minute, some lady being interviewed about appreciating buildings. A Decent logical question asked by the presenter: What should we appreciate about architecture.... nice open question

Catch all, kiddie friendly answer from guest: "Everything"....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Damien mentioned that some listeners were complaining about the slow roll-out of the vaccine and how we compare unfavourably to the UK.
    Damien then took it upon himself to 'explain' how we are comparing very well and that we'll be on course to be fully vaccinated by the end of July, just like the UK.

The tiny difference being Damo, is that the UK will have vaccinated 10 times our population.He didn't seem to understand the maths.

I'm not sure why so many in media seem to want to put on the green jersey and seek to defend our government rather than holding them to account.

I switched off immediately as soon as I heard Bernard O'Shea being mentioned. I don't mind Dermot Whelan but I've heard him already talk about the meditation thing. Most likely on RTE too.

• Advertisement

mgn wrote: »
    If I was consumed with any of the above, I most certainly wouldn't take any advice of them pair of so called comedians,

Pair of idiots laughing at their unfunny jokes, but once your in the RTE fan club you will be okay because the will get plenty of work regardless of talent.

+1 on this.

It’s a serious topic in the current times when mental health is affecting many. But have an actual expert on, rather than two attention-seeking unfunny muppets giving their opinion.

...but once your in the RTE fan club you will be okay because the will get plenty of work regardless of talent.

Dermot Whelan works for Today FM :confused:

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Turned on today, just for a minute, some lady being interviewed about appreciating buildings. A Decent logical question asked by the presenter: What should we appreciate about architecture.... nice open question

Catch all, kiddie friendly answer from guest: "Everything"....

But you can’t criticize her! She’s a woman!
    #woke

He’s also in the RTÉ camp.

He used to be on The Panel and Republic Of Telly,

Also from the Noel Kelly stable so enough said.

He used to be on The Panel and Republic Of Telly,

Also from the Noel Kelly stable so enough said.

So a popular contributor?

"Connected" would be a more accurate term, see Noel Kelly ref. above.

"Connected" would be a more accurate term, see Noel Kelly red. above.

Have you got an agent yourself or is the implication that there’s some form of “payola” going on?

Have you got an agent yourself or is the implication that there’s some form of “payola” going on?

What? Have I an agent? No, I don't - I'm not on air "talent" nor would I have the need for an agent of any type; but what has that got to do with the topic at hand?

No, I'm not suggesting that Noel Kelly is paying RTE for the services of his clients. You're really goin out of your way to try and get me to say something there that I suspect you know yourself not to be true.

Let me ask you a question now - do you think the contributors are doing this for free?

• Advertisement

No, he contributed nothing to the show only trying to be funny.

Saying that, I used to think he was okay on The Republic Of Telly, but has gone down the PC route since,

Advertisement