Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's where Sophie went to in the mid 2000's.
    The Webster managed to pay for it at the time but it is fairly expensive.

Did Rosie and Dev's twins go to it also for a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,301 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think they did briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The Alahan twins are only just back out of the Oakhill school. Dev transferred them both out of Wevvy High after Corey and Kelly spread that video of Asha, but they both hated it and he couldn't afford it anyway.

Speaking of Dev, looks like Dick Dastardly's got a new plan to, I guess hook up with Dev and sneak onto his son's PC to play videogames with Simon because this story is gone feckin shtyoopid, we can look forward to more chin jutting from her everytime she encounters another setback. Harvey will be out by the time she makes any progress.

As for the question earlier, Martin Platt and Katie Harris didn't get together as an affair, they were both single but everyone disapproved of the age gap between them, especially her father. When the couple were expecting a baby together, her dad lied (or possibly made a presumption, can't remember) that Martin was cheating on her and encouraged her to have an abortion. When she found out the truth she confronted her father who laughed it off before taking a car wrench to the noggin.

It was a very long time ago and I would have been about 14 myself when it aired, but I believe that the pairing was the catalyst for Martin's actor falling out with the showrunners and leaving.

Speaking of which, has there ever been an age gap relationship on Corrie that the gossips disapproved of or cried cradle snatcher, where the woman was the older party?
    We have Alina and Tyrone now, others included the aforementioned Martin and Katy, John Stape and Rosie Webster, Kevin Webster and Molly Dobbs, Danny Baldwin and Leanne Battersby, Peter Barlow and Tina McIntyre, and I seem to recall Tracey dating an old geezer in a mansion for his money way back when.

All I can think of the other way round were one night stands and such like Jason Grimshaw and Leanne's mother, Carla Connor and Daniel Osbourne or Tracey McDonald and David Platt. There were also some incestuous Baldwins but that was troublesome for entirely different reasons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jikashi wrote: »
    Speaking of which, has there ever been an age gap relationship on Corrie that the gossips disapproved of or cried cradle snatcher, where the woman was the older party?
    Deirdre Barlow married Samir, and he was about 20 years younger than her. That's going back a long way, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I know for the story for Asha to catch him out he needs to be around but if Corey is at least under investigation surely he would have to stay away from Weatherfield Coronation Street even if he plays for Weatherfield County, away from victim Nina and witnesses etc.,

• Advertisement

Regarding age gaps I’m fairly sure Martin and Gail was a little disapproved of at the time from stuff I’ve seen/read.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Remember Jason having a brief fling with Alison King in an early role when doing a building job at her house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Regarding age gaps I’m fairly sure Martin and Gail was a little disapproved of at the time from stuff I’ve seen/read.

That was Ivy but she didn't approve of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ann22 wrote: »
    Remember Jason having a brief fling with Alison King in an early role when doing a building job at her house.

Thats true but she wasn't playing Carla at that time but a random error called Mrs Fanshaw :)

To thine own self be true

Thats true but she wasn't playing Carla at that time but a random error called Mrs Fanshaw :)

Yeah that's right.
    Just catching up here. Jaysus some chemistry crackling between Jenny and Ronnie. She's foaming at the mouth there. Get a grip on yourself woman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Yeah that's right.
    Just catching up here. Jaysus some chemistry crackling between Jenny and Ronnie. She's foaming at the mouth there. Get a grip on yourself woman!

She has the fanny flutters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Jikashi wrote:
    It was a very long time ago and I would have been about 14 myself when it aired, but I believe that the pairing was the catalyst for Martin's actor falling out with the showrunners and leaving.

Yes I remember this, apparently they wanted the character to move on to an even younger girlfriend/possibly underage and the actor wasn't willing to go down that road over fears of how it would affect his personal life with viewers being unable to separate reality and fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭threetrees

Audrey doesn't like drinking on a full stomach - classic! I loved the Audrey/Gail/Sam scenes, just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

threetrees wrote: »
    Audrey doesn't like drinking on a full stomach - classic! I loved the Audrey/Gail/Sam scenes, just brilliant.

What's that funny shaped country, France

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

casio4 wrote: »

I seem to remember her going on a booze cruise to France with Janice Battersby, possibly with Bill Webster too. You'd think she'd recognise it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I know he has a fan club here but I think Sam is a little know-it-all dose :P
    They seem to be copying Young Sheldon with his character.

casio4 wrote: »

Dunno how she knew which country she was pointing at from there. The stuff he comes out with that he finds interesting isn't in the slightest bit interesting but I find him sweet and likeable.
    What was that all about...him putting the bracelet in Gail's bag? Was thinking Gail would hardly empty out her bag in front of Natasha if she knew it was there but it was him. Did I miss something? Please tell me he's not going to be hoarding girls stuff and asking folks to call him Samantha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

Dunno how she knew which country she was pointing at from there. The stuff he comes out with that he finds interesting isn't in the slightest bit interesting but I find him sweet and likeable.
    What was that all about...him putting the bracelet in Gail's bag? Was thinking Gail would hardly empty out her bag in front of Natasha if she knew it was there but it was him. Did I miss something? Please tell me he's not going to be hoarding girls stuff and asking folks to call him Samantha!

He was using the bracelet for a science experiment, Gail took it off him and put it in her bag for safekeeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sparko wrote: »
    He was using the bracelet for a science experiment, Gail took it off him and put it in her bag for safekeeping.
    Now I reckon she will think Gail is stealing from her and Gail won't be able to set her straight because she promised Sam that she wouldn't tell on him for taking it.

Now I reckon she will think Gail is stealing from her and Gail won't be able to set her straight because she promised Sam that she wouldn't tell on him for taking it.

Didn’t Sam admit taking?

• Advertisement

Didn’t Sam admit taking?

I was under the impression he did and Gail and Natasha had a little chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I was under the impression he did and Gail and Natasha had a little chat.

They did have that conversation. Gail wasn't saying anything and Sam said he did it.

Sean is wearing that stupid top again

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Sean is wearing that stupid top again

"Designer clothes" yer woman said. Must've been Bill Oddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭prunudo

After the good drama last week set around Sebs death, its back to annoying storylines with both Daisy and Sharon irritating me in equal measures.

prunudo wrote: »
    After the good drama last week set around Sebs death, its back to annoying storylines with both Daisy and Sharon irritating me in equal measures.

I get the point of Sharon in a way but what's the point of Daisy? Does she want to blackmail Jenny or cause her pain.

Here’s Johnnnnyyyyyy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Dick dastardly had more luck than Sharon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Daisy needs a slap

Advertisement