Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

A tactic straight from the child catcher in chitty chitty bang bang

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,156 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Catching up on Wednesday here. I know I am a big fan of the sexgod that is Devendra but I really think Jimmi Harkishin plays a blinder in his very knowing flirty Dev scenes. His 'unusual' style of acting is perfect for them.

Daisy, I really don't see the point of. She is quite unpleasant all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,652 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street has confirmed that it's bringing another dramatic week of 9pm episodes, with the soap airing across four nights in one week.

Usually, ITV pairs post-watershed Corrie with Britain's Got Talent live shows, but obviously, COVID threw a spanner in the works there. Still, the broadcaster has decided that '9pm week' will still be going ahead, despite the lack of BGT to go with it.

Instead, this year's episodes will be paired with The Masked Dancer, which will begin at 7.30pm and lead into Corrie every night except Wednesday, when neither show is on because of the football.

'9pm week' commences on May 31, with the first night featuring an hour-long episode. The other three days will have just one instalment. Overall, it's 30 minutes less Corrie than we'd get in a normal week, but we're sure it will be no less dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Fizz to Tyrone...."I don't know how you can even afford another arsehole..."........:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Sparko

I thought Cathy was supposed to be hiding out in Yasmeen's house and no-one was supposed to know? Yet Ryan was blabbing about her to Jenny and whatsername, the evil stepdaughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Since when did Ryan start working in the Rovers? What's going on there?

Since when did Ryan start working in the Rovers? What's going on there?

He’s worked there for years. Since his mother was running it.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Alina's "flirting" with Tyrone is incredibly creepy.

He looks comfortably old enough to be her dad. And she speaks to him like she is speaking to an infant.

They are as dull as dishwater, more chemistry between Sean and a hot pot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yeah there's no way Tyrone would attract a babe like that.

Would be far more believable if it was Imran...I could see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

(not even trying not to smirk in his mother's face)"Oh that's aaawwwful, but I'm sure he'll turn up"

tumblr_lyyh5s73JG1rn95k2o1_400.gif

• Advertisement

When was Johnny and Ed so pally?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Yeah there's no way Tyrone would attract a babe like that.

Would be far more believable if it was Imran...I could see that happening.

I dunno, younger women love the attention and security of an older man.

I dunno, younger women love the attention and security of an older man.

Only if they’re rich. Tyrone is brassic.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Tyrone and Alina getting a mortgage after a few weeks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭threetrees

Alina ends every sentence with a little laugh or giggle or sometimes a little squeak. It's annoying, (squeak).

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pjohnson wrote: »
    Alina's "flirting" with Tyrone is incredibly creepy.

He looks comfortably old enough to be her dad. And she speaks to him like she is speaking to an infant.

I dont get that at all.

Theres no chemistry between them. Him and Fiz are well suited. Him and Alina arent. Its just a non story for the sake of a story.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,358 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

After I posted my comment they doubled down on the generation gap with Tyrone thinking "YOLO" was Romanian.

He'll have to get Ruby to be the translator.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Thyron ended his relationship with Maria years ago, his reason was that she's too hot for him and she'd do better, this is the same situation with Alia... He's a right bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,364 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thyron ended his relationship with Maria years ago, his reason was that she's too hot for him and she'd do better, this is the same situation with Alia... He's a right bollox.

I think in real life the actor lost a lot of weight, got a hair transplant and started dressing better. I almost feel like the writers took this on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

threetrees wrote: »
    Alina ends every sentence with a little laugh or giggle or sometimes a little squeak. It's annoying, (squeak).

I can hardly bear to watch their scenes... she behaves like a naughty 7yr old..it's really disturbing! Yuck fcukin' yuck!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Hard to believe the whole different attitude and demeaner of Johnny since he got out of prison..he's a new Johnny..
    The Sam kidnap storyline is a bit rough and unnescessary imo...
    Gary's back..YAYYYY...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Only if they’re rich. Tyrone is brassic.

I dunno about that, security plays a bigger part. The site traffic to oldje goes up after every Alina Tyrone scene, every guy watching is dreaming of '' his Alina'' :D

Ann22 wrote: »
    I can hardly bear to watch their scenes... she behaves like a naughty 7yr old..it's really disturbing! Yuck fcukin' yuck!!

For some one involved in trafficking, she seems to be a minx now always wanting Tyrone in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭magicray

The kidnap story line was very unbelievable, no way that child would have got into the back of a van like that - he is far too intelligent , I reckon Gary will come to the rescue there he might remember the reg number or something

Sally Anne Mathews was on this morning yesterday talking about the dramatic scenes mentioned above, seems like she is in the thick of them - she didn't give any clues though except to say they will be good

The sooner Evelyn sorts out Tyrone the better agree the scenes are creepy !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I actually thought it was well done- the man pretending not to be interested in him at all, rather than making him uneasy or suspicious by trying to lure him into the van.

I definitely would have fallen for that as a child, although they would have needed different bait- I would have walked right past a van with a telescope in it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,358 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    For some one involved in trafficking, she seems to be a minx now always wanting Tyrone in bed

Its probably someones fetish but more like she wants to tuck him in because its past his bed time than any other bedroom activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭threetrees

Whoever called Sharon "Dick Dastardly" has it spot on. The cat and mouse chasing, frantically doing things behind Devs back, it's all so silly.

I dislike the kidnap story, hate when kids are involved in something like this, poor fella. I reckon he's really clever in real life too, I don't understand what he's on about, those lines must be so hard to learn unless he's super bright.

magicray wrote: »
    The sooner Evelyn sorts out Tyrone the better agree the scenes are creepy !

I do hope they sort out that story and they don't put Tyrone and Fizz back together!

Posy wrote: »
    I actually thought it was well done- the man pretending not to be interested in him at all, rather than making him uneasy or suspicious by trying to lure him into the van.

I definitely would have fallen for that as a child, although they would have needed different bait- I would have walked right past a van with a telescope in it! :pac:

How about a Christmas tree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I think it's kinda disappointing they broke Fizz and Tyrone up. Thought they would have been one of the long running couples of the show. They are perfect personality wise for each other.

Advertisement