Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

WHat's with the little clips of the voice mail, cops play a little, '' oh you laughed'' no need to play rest where Corey is kicking his head in and telling him there's more to come, you're guilty kelly because you laugh, I can't be arsed to listen to the rest of voice mail.

Surely the voice mail reveals more, that okay kelly laughed, but then maybe tried to stop Corey killing Seb, play the whole tape!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Imran, Kelly is just as guilty :mad: how are the police letting Corey off, surely his phone, DNA and Summer's account of his vile comments to Nina etc., would have him also in custody, the police lady detective made him out to be a hero :mad:

Plus he lied when he told the police he was watching a film with Asha now all of a sudden he remembers Kelly kicking Seb in the head and him trying to pull her off?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How long are they going to drag out this story for?

I take it now the Kelly will spend a bit of time inside and when the trial comes around the trial will come out the Corey and one of his friends killed Seb and kelly laughed/did nothing and in the end she'll get off with time served.

I don't think it's being dragged out, it's only just starting, these things take time, a couple of years in real life but seen as we're in soapland I'd say a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

What's with the little clips of the voice mail, cops play a little, '' oh you laughed'' no need to play rest where Corey is kicking his head in and telling him there's more to come, you're guilty kelly because you laugh, I can't be arsed to listen to the rest of voice mail.

Surely the voice mail reveals more, that okay kelly laughed, but then maybe tried to stop Corey killing Seb, play the whole tape!

Seb dropped his phone to the ground and the battery was seen popping out as he was first pushed down. The impact on the ground is punctuated by Nina calling his name and the laugh must have been caught just before the phone came apart.

Corey came voluntarily and wasn't just caught in a lie like Kelly? Say what? The first interaction he had with the investigators was lying saying he was home with Asha during the time of the attack? Also the police were seen bagging his tackies; surely luminol would show blood there too or even note the fact they'd just conveniently come out of the washer hours before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

jos28 wrote: »
    But at least they finally got a new banisters :D

About bleedin time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Poor Evelyn barley gets her arse on the chair and Roy's attacking her for making out Kirk is a dope and forgets his cream horn...duh..
    Kellie must have been close enough to be blood spattered...still no Gary...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Apparently there’s going to be a flashback episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Not surprised about the flashback episode. Poor Nina is desperately trying to remember but she will more than likely suffer flashbacks for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kelly was the only female in the attack so her laugh was heard contradicting she was trying to get Corey off Seb and Nina plus she did slap Nina, she too is guilty then why the hell in Imran going out of his way to help her, Toyah is right the Street will turn against them, Kelly cannot be redeemed for this

Kelly's father as far as Imran knows caused the roof collapse that killed Rana

Also as her foster parent surely Imran cannot be her solicitor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Did Kelly not present herself voluntarily at the station? I thought Imran was bringing her to tell the truth (then the mother turning up churned things around unnecessarily), but she gave her account voluntarily?

Corey's story changed as much as Kelly's did. Would they not both be arrested? What about this Eli fella? Are the police not going to talk to him at all?

Seeing as they bubbled Kevin and Debbie together to do the freezer storyline, you'd think they'd bubble Kevin and Abi together. Her standing/sitting sobbing to herself is very awkward looking. Not to mention they're treating her as if her pet goldfish died, trying to drag her out for walks etc. Would they not at least give her a few days to get her thoughts together?

Also every time I hear them talking about Seb's demise, I hear Bruce Willis 'Zed's (Seb' s) dead baby. Zed's (Seb' s) dead'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Yeah, the lack of contact is really noticeable and awkward in Kevin and Abi's scenes- she's understandably bawling her eyes out because her son has just been violently murdered, her fiance Kevin is standing 6 feet away and saying "there there".

Poor Seb head was kicked in Jesus :(

I agree with everyone about Corrie been on top form and the baileys pop back up. I will admit I don’t mind Mam, Dad and James but the rest are meh!

Corey should in prison as Kelly is too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Also every time I hear them talking about Seb's demise, I hear Bruce Willis 'Zed's (Seb' s) dead baby. Zed's (Seb' s) dead'.

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kelly was the only female in the attack so her laugh was heard contradicting she was trying to get Corey off Seb and Nina plus she did slap Nina, she too is guilty then why the hell in Imran going out of his way to help her, Toyah is right the Street will turn against them, Kelly cannot be redeemed for this

Kelly's father as far as Imran knows caused the roof collapse that killed Rana

Also as her foster parent surely Imran cannot be her solicitor

I think the idea of the flashback episode is it will probably show the group running and Kelly laughing and then her realising that it's gone to far and it will show her trying to stop Corey.

I think the idea of the flashback episode is it will probably show the group running and Kelly laughing and then her realising that it's gone to far and it will show her trying to stop Corey.

I still do not think Kelly can be redeemed but sure look at Tracy, murdered Charlie and out

I would prefer all the culprits in prison, Corrie prefers killing off it's villains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm assuming Corey did a lot of beating up but Corrie in its usual way believe his lies. They always arrest the wrong or not enough people, it's wearing very thin now.

Seb was HIV positive, will Corey or Kelly and the others be made aware of this in case of his blood getting in contact with them

Corey lied about an alibi but never mind he now becomes the star believable witness despite surely his dna on Seb and Nina from him or his clothes and also his phone contact with Kelly, Summer can say how vile he was in comments to Nina and also that he asked her to keep quite

It does not make sense that only Kelly was arrested and charged, is in custody

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Seb was HIV positive, will Corey or Kelly and the others be made aware of this in case of his blood getting in contact with them

Corey lied about an alibi but never mind he now becomes the star believable witness despite surely his dna on Seb and Nina from him or his clothes and also his phone contact with Kelly, Summer can say how vile he was in comments to Nina and also that he asked her to keep quite

It does not make sense that only Kelly was arrested and charged, is in custody

Might be amusing if intead of a conviction Kelly became HIV positive for life :D

pjohnson wrote: »
    Might be amusing if intead of a conviction Kelly became HIV positive for life :D

That statement is just wrong!

• Advertisement

zorro2566 wrote: »
    That statement is just wrong!

Its not real life.

In soapland she could be a convicted murderer and by next Christmas probably be reformed and engaged to Nina while Corey is now a vicar.

Giving the character HIV actually would give them lasting consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its not real life.

In soapland she could be a convicted murderer and by next Christmas probably be reformed and engaged to Nina while Corey is now a vicar.

Giving the character HIV actually would give them lasting consequences.

Cant believe, and a bit dissapointed that Nina didnt get a bunch of flowers or at least a card from Robert Smith/Carl McCoy...assuming the "hate crime" was on the local news............:o

Moonchild..excellent

Jenny and the Bailey fella are going to end up together I bet!

Why the fcuk are you bothering Imran.

Let her go.

Ye can forget fostering again if a child in your care gets a murder conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

David is buying a new car to go to...?

Its such a sad storyline. But its the first time in a long time I've been gripped by corrie. Seeing Nina broken is just heartbreaking and the fact its based on a true story gives it such an ugly depth of truth and honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don't care if Abi has lost her son, she is being a total bitch :mad:

Kelly's mother calling Toyah 'barren'. What a weird archaic expression. The only place I've ever heard it is on Corro. Tracey used to say it to Karen McDonald.

WTH is Gemma wearing :eek: Her boobs are ready to fall out. Are they trying to make her the new Bet Lynch or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Its such a sad storyline. But its the first time in a long time I've been gripped by corrie. Seeing Nina broken is just heartbreaking and the fact its based on a true story gives it such an ugly depth of truth and honesty.
    Based on a true story? I didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Alice1 wrote: »
    Based on a true story? I didn't know that.
    They made a show about it, Seb was the guy in the couple that got beat up.
    It was the girl who died IRL however :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

https://www.sophielancasterfoundation.com/black-roses/
    Tragic story and the Corrie team are doing a fantastic job. Absolutely heart breaking to see Nina, love her character and the fact that she doesn't go with the herd.
    I read an article with either the writer/producer about this storyline. It was planned a long time ago and it was always the intention to have Nina at the centre. It's a story that raises issues of class and causes rifts between families and friends. You can see all of that taking shape. Have to agree with Purple Tin, Abi is a total bitch. I know she hasn't got much emotional intelligence but there was no need for that level of cruelty.
    What sort of world would this be without difference. A world like people without the likes of Bowie, Hendrix, Prince ...........

Advertisement