Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No charges on Corey despite being there, lying about an alibi and giving vile comments which Summer heard :mad::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

I see they're going the Leanne route with Abi. Great!

Will Paul and Todd happen, #Toul #Padd :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,301 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Alice1 wrote: »
    Based on a true story? I didn't know that.

It's a case that you'd often see on documentaries.
    It's fairly similar to this story apart from the person who died. I believe Corey and his friends are more affluent than the guys involved in the Sophie Lancaster case.

I still think Corey and Co., attacked Nina and Seb more as he hated Nina for interferring with Asha and then Summer and Kelly so he hated her more than her being a goth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cant believe Abi was an out and out bitch like that towards Nina.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Sparko wrote: »
    I see they're going the Leanne route with Abi. Great!

Shouting, slamming doors and storming off :rolleyes:

Did I hear the police detective lady right that Kelly is charged with the GBH of both Nina and Seb plus the murder of Seb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Yer man doesn't want to be seen taking the keys so quietly, quietly he takes them from the pocket while Michael's back is turned. And then what does he do to make them jangle?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Seb was HIV positive, will Corey or Kelly and the others be made aware of this in case of his blood getting in contact with them

Corey lied about an alibi but never mind he now becomes the star believable witness despite surely his dna on Seb and Nina from him or his clothes and also his phone contact with Kelly, Summer can say how vile he was in comments to Nina and also that he asked her to keep quite

It does not make sense that only Kelly was arrested and charged, is in custody

....and did they actually get DNA from the slap on her? That's what your one said. Coreh should at least have blood up the leg of his trousers for one thing.Yes it's her word against Coreh' s. She deserves to be banged up but so does he!
    I can't relate to the attachment Imran in particular has for Kelly She doesn't appear very childlike to me. Toyah is only trying to do the Christian thing but he's unusually concerned. (He puts on some weird exaggerated facial expressions sometimes..that corner of his eye thing. I'm not a fan of facial overactors.)
    Abby might be demented with grief but what she said to Nina was unnecessarily cruel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

jos28 wrote: »
    Shouting, slamming doors and storming off :rolleyes:
    Not to mention bashing in some punter's bonnet! What will Kevin say when he sees that? One thing that gets his back up is people messing with his business or losing him customers.
    bobbyss wrote: »
    Yer man doesn't want to be seen taking the keys so quietly, quietly he takes them from the pocket while Michael's back is turned. And then what does he do to make them jangle?
    I laughed at that too :pac: What a twerp.

Speaking of the Baileys, did you see Da bailey hitting the newel post on his stairs with a hammer!
    WTH is he playing at :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I wonder what Natasha makes of the fact that every time she leaves Sam in the care of one of the Platts, they leave him alone for an extended time with someone she doesn't know. At least David actually knows Daniel himself, compared to Sarah leaving him with Dick Dastardly all day on his birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Well i think Abi is playing a blinder..she's absolutely true to her character..she said nasty things to Nina but its what i'd expect from her in the situation....i was reminded of the hurtful things Nina said to Roy at the start of their relationship...

I hope that's not the end of Nina being a goth..if it is then "they've" won....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I really like Abi too. Its the perfect character for this storyline. What she said to Nina was too harsh but I suppose for the storyline to go down the road its going, there needed to be a final push for Nina. Abi is twisted with grief and with no proper explanation of what exactly happened or why it happened or even why Corey is still walking the streets she needs someone to lash out at. She's not thinking straight.

I really like Abi too. Its the perfect character for this storyline. What she said to Nina was too harsh but I suppose for the storyline to go down the road its going, there needed to be a final push for Nina. Abi is twisted with grief and with no proper explanation of what exactly happened or why it happened or even why Corey is still walking the streets she needs someone to lash out at. She's not thinking straight.
    Why doesn't she go and take it out on Corey? He lives nearby.

She could have bashed up his Da's car with her big tool instead of some innocent customer's motor.

She could have bashed up his Da's car with her big tool instead of some innocent customer's motor.

Because she happened to come across Nina on the street after talking to an undertaker about her dead son's funeral and she was faced with the only reason she has at the moment as to why the attack started. Its misplaced anger, but its only the start of the storyline. The takeaway from it all will be to highlight tragically senseless attacks like this and to encourage those who might judge others because they're different to them to think twice. In order to do that there has to be a change in Nina and Abi's words were the final push to achieve that. My guess is as the story develops Abi will realise how hard she has been and Nina will get the vindication she deserves and emerge from Roys Rolls back to her own style.

If she did that she'd be arrested...i'm sure the writers have it all worked out...its just annoying for the viewer that it takes so long....

Yeah...i'm sure poor Doris will get a shock if she sees her church-mobile smashed up....only left it in for an indicator bulb...:eek:

Hope yer man does a better job on the campervan than he did at getting Michael a car...what happened there..??

Nice to see Daniel had'nt fogotten his childs name...

[QUOTE=Max Headroom;117168108]If she did that she'd be arrested...i'm sure the writers have it all worked out...its just annoying for the viewer that it takes so long....

Yeah...i'm sure poor Doris will get a shock if she sees her church-mobile smashed up....only left it in for an indicator bulb...:eek:

Hope yer man does a better job on the campervan than he did at getting Michael a car...what happened there..??

Nice to see Daniel had'nt fogotten his childs name...[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I hope they don't make a hames of this.
    When something like this happens the injured party should be straight round to the guilty party's gaff shouting the odds.
    That is an absolute given in soaps, especially this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,301 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well i think Abi is playing a blinder..she's absolutely true to her character..she said nasty things to Nina but its what i'd expect from her in the situation....i was reminded of the hurtful things Nina said to Roy at the start of their relationship...

I hope that's not the end of Nina being a goth..if it is then "they've" won....

Abi was just being Abi last night.
    She’ll patch things up in the end.

She’ll go back to being a goth after a while. It will probably be after a cringey chat with somebody.

Apparently the actress who plays Kelly signed a new contract and is staying around, she is guilty too so deserves prison

• Advertisement

Apparently the actress who plays Kelly signed a new contract and is staying around, she is guilty too so deserves prison

All she did was slap Nina and laugh......

All she did was slap Nina and laugh......

I'd say she chased after them and got a few kicks or digs in from the dna results too

I don't think she delivered the killer blows or kicks to Seb but she isn't innocent

Has Summer been to see Nina, Asha and also the police to tell her side of the story, no mention of stolen car charges

Toyah was given a job by Roy and now she stands by his niece's attacker

Imran owes Kelly nothing

I think Asha tries to get Corey

I'd say she chased after them and got a few kicks or digs in from the dna results too

I don't think she delivered the killer blows or kicks to Seb but she isn't innocent

Has Summer been to see Nina, Asha and also the police to tell her side of the story, no mention of stolen car charges

Toyah was given a job by Roy and now she stands by his niece's attacker

Imran owes Kelly nothing

I think Asha tries to get Corey

Billy took Summer to make a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,927 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I like Abi but that was nasty and cruel and unnecessary

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Billy took Summer to make a statement.

I wish that was shown, Summer left over the vile comments from Corey

Annasopra wrote: »
    I like Abi but that was nasty and cruel and unnecessary

Don't think anyone is suggesting it wasn't nasty and cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

NINTCHDBPICT000635469149.jpg
    Nina next week, before after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Was not so long ago that Abbi was encouraging Seb to dress like Nina to go to a concert. Nina is home from hospital very soon after brain surgery.

When did Daniel decide he wanted to be a teacher, last he worked in the Bistro then as a secretary for Adam in the law office, occasionally wrote journalism articles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Only getting around to it now, the night Seb died, Abi was looking hotttttt.

Lots of crying with no tears and perfect mascara though.

I think Asha is a good actor.

Is Nina a goth in real life? I was actually thinking a few months ago, will she still be a goth in it in 10 years when she's 30. lol

Advertisement