Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I thought that was very uncharacteristic of Simon. He is very empathic towards his mum and family but showed no signs of empathy here.

He went from saying I can't do that in one scene to really getting into it and terrorising the young fella in the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I thought that was very uncharacteristic of Simon. He is very empathic towards his mum and family but showed no signs of empathy here.

Maybe his (sort of) half brother dying and seeing what it did to his mum and his dad being at deaths door was the final straw after all the other grief in his life (his mum dying, his dads alcoholism, Peter and Leannes split, his babysitter dying and his dad accused of killer etc) I'm amazed he didnt go off the rails years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Remember Simon was hitting Leanne before , she was scared of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

A legend. Thanks for the memories. Rest In Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 85,620 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I remember Mike’s last line

“She loves me Barlow” and Ken laughs “you always have to get the last word”

A legend a true actor

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A legend. Thanks for the memories. Rest In Peace

Absolutely. So many great storylines. Fantastic credible character.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Always loved the way he used to breeze into The Cabin and ask Rita for “a packet of my cigars” Brilliant larger than life character that has always been missed from Coronation Street. May he Rest In Peace.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, and all the grief he used to get in the factory from Vera and the rest.
    But he gave it right back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

Yes, and all the grief he used to get in the factory from Vera and the rest. But he gave it right back.

I think it was Janice that was looking at her pay packet one day and said to Mike "I'm short".
    Mike's response "don't wear stripes so"

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Absolutely. So many great storylines. Fantastic credible character.

RIP.

Himself and Ken Barlow fighting in the rovers !!
    Absolutely class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭threetrees

Mike Baldwin had some great stories, he was a great character in Corrie. An old fashioned rogue, philanderer, cheeky geezer in a suit, with a cigar, scotch and someone else's wife on his arm.

Loved his ongoing feud with Ken, Baldwin Vs Barlow. He had a jeans factory and it eventually became a knicker factory.

RIP Johnny Briggs.

threetrees wrote: »
    Mike Baldwin had some great stories, he was a great character in Corrie. An old fashioned rogue, philanderer, cheeky geezer in a suit, with a cigar, scotch and someone else's wife on his arm.

Loved his ongoing feud with Ken, Baldwin Vs Barlow. He had a jeans factory and it eventually became a knicker factory.

RIP Johnny Briggs.

Exactly....better writers back then...

I think I preferred Mike best with Alma

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

RIP Johnny Briggs.

Exactly, a great character with appropriate storylines. If he was introduced now they'd probably have him in a same sex relationship or a randomn teenage pregnancy story. So much better when the writing was character driven

Isn't the new Bailey suppose to be like Mike or Danny Baldwin, I've yet to see any charisma from him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

Being bullied in prison is like a rite of passage for so many residents of the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sparko wrote: »
    Being bullied in prison is like a rite of passage for so many residents of the street.

Could you just imagine Simon if he had to do a stint inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Silly of Simon to leave the bag on the counter where Nick left it right there looking at Leanne every time she goes into the kitchen, could he not have put it in his room?

I'd love a Rob prison cameo even, Rob Donovan, Carla's brother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭threetrees

I really dislike drugs storylines. I'm fast forwarding the Simon story.

Remind me why Garreh is in prison, is it for beating up Adam even though Fay said she did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My main issue is Simon is like the worst drug dealer ever.
    I know now dealers often get young lads to do their dirty work but they normally have some bit of cope on and not just a little afro.

Remind me why Garreh is in prison, is it for beating up Adam even though Fay said she did it?

I am confused also why Gary is still in prison, for hiding the weapon and covering for Faye?

There’s no way aJohnny would left in prison in his condition, he’d be in a hospital type detention centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Tim has been on Alya and Yasmeen's side for many months now and nothing has recently happened to indicate that he would not continue to look out for Yasmeen's interests, and yet Alya's first reaction upon learning Yasmeen was omitted from the will was to tantrum over to Tim's and throw things at him and the two of them banishing him at the doorstep and refusing to hear him out.

Also what would have happened if Ray's money transfer had taken place, considering by that time Geoff was dead, wouldn't the sale of his estate be tied up in probate and whatnot?

If anything i thought that scene with Leanne was Simons best acting ever...even tho he started the feather thing....Nick losing it over Sam, typical over protective blow-in parent....
    Did Garra not see the state of Johnny.?..must have got off the floor and went straight to see Jenny....
    Does Nina fancy Roy now....:eek:.....

• Advertisement

If anything i thought that scene with Leanne was Simons best acting ever...even tho he started the feather thing....Nick losing it over Sam, typical over protective blow-in parent....
    Did Garra not see the state of Johnny.?..must have got off the floor and went straight to see Jenny....
    Does Nina fancy Roy now....:eek:.....

I think Nina is rethinking her relationship with Devs daughter.

Advertisement