Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is Elaine up to something or could Yasminne & herself become a couple?

I don't think they'll be a couple, but I think they will be good for each other and together rebuild both their self esteem and get over Jiggle it Geoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,359 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think it's known now that Simon has got involved in gangland/drug crime. I think this is the boss and I have to say the look he's giving him id very understandable!
    155985117_10158519788812659_4282591029028315729_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=MNJ59F2AqMEAX9p-83c&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=ac52b340e00b6c44f7cce87b065a9d6f&oe=606B0000

• Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sean should move away to be closer to Dylan, so whiny and annoying, being homeless didn't change him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

So another drug storyline in a soap..big whoop d doo...:rolleyes:

I thought a story of someone getting covid would be different..but not Leanne,Petah or Yasmeeeeen please..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

So another drug storyline in a soap..big whoop d doo...:rolleyes:

I thought a story of someone getting covid would be different..but not Leanne,Petah or Yasmeeeeen please..

I don't think anyone in Corro or Emmerdale has got C19 yet, or even been for a test, or even mentioned a relative or friend getting it.
    They could have said Gail's Da died from it but then they wouldn't have been able to do that stupid funeral storyline.
    The way people are so lax in Weatherfield it would be a serious hotspot. Taking masks off the whole time to talk, never using sanitiser in shop, pub or cafe. calling into each others houses constantly with no mask on :rolleyes:

Also noticed that Roy said he couldn't serve the dealer because he didn't have a mask on to order food. I can't remember how many people have ordered in there with no mask and no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

I don't think anyone in Corro or Emmerdale has got C19 yet, or even been for a test, or even mentioned a relative or friend getting it.
    They could have said Gail's Da died from it but then they wouldn't have been able to do that stupid funeral storyline.
    The way people are so lax in Weatherfield it would be a serious hotspot. Taking masks off the whole time to talk, never using sanitiser in shop, pub or cafe. calling into each others houses constantly with no mask on :rolleyes:

Also noticed that Roy said he couldn't serve the dealer because he didn't have a mask on to order food. I can't remember how many people have ordered in there with no mask and no problems.

Look if you want to hear a story about c-19, then watch the 6pm news, I for one am glad we don't have another program that rams it down your face.
    C-19 finished off fair city for me as it was the only thing they'd talk about, along with all those yellow c-19 signs, depressing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

jams100 wrote: »
    Look if you want to hear a story about c-19, then watch the 6pm news, I for one am glad we don't have another program that rams it down your face.
    C-19 finished off fair city for me as it was the only thing they'd talk about, along with all those yellow c-19 signs, depressing stuff.

Also not a word about the vaccine. Ken, Audrey etc should probably have got it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

doughef wrote: »
    I think Jacob is a great addition.

Finally a character that I can dislike instead of just be annoyed by.

Also - where does Carla live if she needs a bath in Barlow’s?

Think she lives with Roy but he has his mothers mummified corpse in their bath.....

I have gone from sympathy for Yasmine to hatred of her overacting and if she does the "AliiiiiiiiiiyaaaAAA" whine much more I will puke also.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,017 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

spurious wrote: »
    Who can resist the sex god that is Devendra?
    :)

I find Nina quite an interesting character. They have written her so that almost everything she does/says is as a reaction to someone else, but yet we don't get to know much about what she thinks about things herself.
    You're right. There is an unexposed depth to her

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,202 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Ronin247 wrote:
    I have gone from sympathy for Yasmine to hatred of her overacting and if she does the "AliiiiiiiiiiyaaaAAA" whine much more I will puke also.

And she has got quite the accent also. Not as bad as Ken's retirement home former companion but somewhat out of place on street. Alya also has an insufferable accent. They add to the annoying factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Because they film so far in advance they are better staying away from any Covid stories. Remember when Leanne was supposed to have gone to France when even the channel tunnel was shut down and not even truck drivers could get through and no flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i am old enough to remember elaine in 'Man about the House' in the 70's - used to like watching that.... - in all fairness she hasn't aged in looks that much

546257.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭threetrees

They are great ones for having baths in coronation Street. They also just assume there's enough hot water for a bath. In our house there might not be any hot water, you'd have to flick the gas or god forbid the immersion on for a bit to get hot water for a bath.

Corrie residents just live like the Icelandics, constant and as much hot water as you want.

Both Johnny and Peter should be in hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

With his pallor and skin tone, Petah is starting to remind me of Prince Phillip :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Elaine only moved in today and she has taken over the sofa and feet up, talk about getting your feet under the table

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

Can someone tell me how this Simon drug storyline ends please. I could then just fast forward everytime it comes on. How thick is Leanne, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

If it wasn't for the accent, you would not recognise Gemma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Why the hell is Leanne allowing her under 18 son drink and do drugs in the flat and allow the scrote to move in ????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Why the hell is Leanne allowing her under 18 son drink and do drugs in the flat and allow the scrote to move in ????

Because Simon has told her he owes at least 2 grand and is in over his head and Jacob is dangerous, he told her to put up and shut up or she will lose another son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’m getting the impression Elaine is not all what she seems..... something is definitely off there, maybe looking gain financially while yasmeen is vulnerable.

casio4 wrote: »
    Elaine only moved in today and she has taken over the sofa and feet up, talk about getting your feet under the table

I like Elaine shame she couldn't keep Tinkerbell, I hope she is good

Chris Gascoyne playing the part well...i was going to ring for an ambulance meself.....Steve annoyed me..

My favorite scene so far this year lol

I might be the only one but I love this Simon drug storyline, think it’s hilarious,. The guy who plays Jacob is very good.

fin12 wrote: »
    My favorite scene so far this year lol

Ya mean Simon was thinking.."i would too......"......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

fin12 wrote: »
    I’m getting the impression Elaine is not all what she seems..... something is definitely off there, maybe looking gain financially while yasmeen is vulnerable.

She's going to move Richard O'Sullivan in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Shakyfan wrote: »
    She's going to move Richard O'Sullivan in!

She’d be wasting her time on him, I think he’d be more Seán’s type!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Was it my imagination or were Fizz and Sean even more unbearable than usual last episode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,359 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think the latest drug dealer is going to be
    Leanne.

Advertisement