Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 BDO World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Good game so far.

This is one thing I love about the BDO, 20 minute break in the final and showing the players backstage drinking pints, quality stuff.

Very handy that the mrs wanted to watch love island so I'd to go pub to watch the rest of the match didnt miss any of the darts:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This has been a poor final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭shockframe

Williams game has dipped the longer it has gone on. The same thing happened against Durrant last year.

Warren looks a bit more steady.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    This has been a poor final

I cant say I agree it's been decent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Scoundrel wrote: »
    I cant say I agree it's been decent stuff

Lots of doubles missed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

What prices were these 2 at start

I know Williams was favourite or very close

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Its been ok nothing great just average by both players.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Very average final but Warren deserved it and fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Players scored well enough, finishing wasn’t great by the end of it. 2 maximums less than the PDC final I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Fair play to Warren
    Good final, ok scoring nothing special but it was close and entertaining
    And whatever about the organisational side of the BDO being atrocious, that trophy must still be something to get your hands on given the names on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Good match in fairness, delighted Warren won it, gas character, I'd say there'll be some pints skulled tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Decent enough standard but as is often the case with the BDO it's more to do with it being a close game and drama than sky high stats.
    That said they were both low 90's over 11 sets which isn't bad going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

What prices were these 2 at start

I know Williams was favourite or very close

Best going when I checked were 5/4 on Warren and I think around 4/6 on Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

robman60 wrote: »
    Best going when I checked were 5/4 on Warren and I think around 4/6 on Williams.

Meant at start off tournament ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Meant at start off tournament ?

See my reply in the betting thread. I only know Williams was 11/4.

Despite all the negativity and shambolic organisation, I still enjoyed the tournament thoroughly. Tonight was close for a long spell and another good games was Mitchell v Waites. Still love a bit of BDO even if the standard isn't the same. Like the GAA, I love that the likes of Paul Hogan were home for a few days work between games!

Delighted for Wayne Warren means the world to him no cheque presented I notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Love how much it means to him. Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

That was a great final.

Delighted for Warren - old school in the best possible sense.

The BDO World Championship is a brilliant tournament, always thoroughly enjoyable.

#warren2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Scoundrel wrote: »
    Delighted for Wayne Warren means the world to him no cheque presented I notice?

Yes interested to hear the prize money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

a 57 year old roofer wins hopefully the last ever bdo mickey mouse cup, that no one really cared about.

look at how few posts this joke of a comp garnered on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

a 57 year old roofer wins hopefully the last ever bdo mickey mouse cup, that no one really cared about.

Williams will never be any better than he is now and that's not saying much.
    I was just delighted for Suzuki and delighted also that she stuffed ashton 3 zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

If i was warren one aspect in a few days that will sicken him is that he should now have 100k which at 57 sets him up for life , security
    He will get 23k is it ? If he gets anything
    So has to depend of the fruits of being a world champ
    Rod studd and these gimps on twitter saying the money doesnt matter , it doesnt matter if you dont need it , hes still a roofer at 57 so he does.

If theres no more bdo , you have nothing funny to write about so be carefull what you wish for

what the hell does rod studd know about darts,he was only bought in a few years ago as part of the sky/pdc.

was delighted for young barry also and that was a kick up mardles hole that bennett lost ;)

Stud talks more crap that mardle on twitter so thats really saying something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

No complaints about the 3 winners, all seem nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

No complaints about the 3 winners, all seem nice people.

Yep, 3 very likeable winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Decent enough standard but as is often the case with the BDO it's more to do with it being a close game and drama than sky high stats.
    That said they were both low 90's over 11 sets which isn't bad going.

93 odd and 94 odd.

Higher than Price and Aspinall in the PDC semi’s and plenty of the PDC quarter final averages as well.

mdwexford wrote: »
    93 odd and 94 odd.

Higher than Price and Aspinall in the PDC semi’s and plenty of the PDC quarter final averages as well.

both would melt on the pdc stage,as been proven with Williams in the grandslam.and warren at hes age forget about the bigtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Twice as many posts as the PDC Grand Slam, 3x the PDC World Matchplay, 10x the PDC World Grand Prix. All similar 8 day events.

So clearly the second biggest darts tournament of the year, if that's really the way you want to measure it.

Advertisement