Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 BDO World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Great win for Barry delighted for him I doubt they have much time for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

nannerby wrote: »
    Great win for Barry delighted for him I doubt they have much time for each other.

Complete opposite personalities. Met keane a few times really grounded youngfella

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Delighted for Barry. He really is a star in the making.

I hate to say this about a 14 year old kid but Bennett is do unlikable. Unbelievably cocky. Maybe that's what has made him such a good player at a young age but he's impossible to warm to.

US2 wrote: »
    Complete opposite personalities. Met keane a few times really grounded youngfella

Yea Id say Bennet watches G Price a bit to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Bennett trotted off to drink water as soon as the double went in and waited for Keane Barry to come over to him for the handshake. When he was handed his trophy he went to walk off the stage immediately only to be told to hold on for a photo. Sulked for the photo and bolted straight off the stage.

I know he's 14, but I've seen kids his age and younger who have dealt with cup final losses better than him.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Delighted for Barry. He really is a star in the making.

I hate to say this about a 14 year old kid but Bennett is do unlikable. Unbelievably cocky. Maybe that's what has made him such a good player at a young age but he's impossible to warm to.

Its unlikely but hopefully he grows up a bit and becomes more likeable because he can throw darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Well done to Keane Barry, delighted for the young man, excellent performance and well deserved.

Bennett is a bellend but look he's 14, a lot of 14 year olds are bellends, hopefully he will mature with age because his attitude will not serve him well going forward if he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Warren is the type of fella who'd be some craic on a session
    Type of fella who'd start fights I'd say. As tough and as common as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

well done keane barry you beauty,purely delighted he beat that cocky twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Any Youth prize money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Any Youth prize money?

a few of the old punt coins that des found the last time he was in dublin trying to promote the bdo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Echo all the above comments.

Keane played really well. Very solid action and handled the occasion with ease.

It feels wrong saying things about a child who has just turned 14 but he really doesn’t endear himself onstage. Hopefully he will mature and lose the attitude a bit. Otherwise he will grind my gears badly for the next 30+ years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Oh do hurry up gents, we are only here for baby shark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Stewball

Painful viewing this.

Justin pipe says hello

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Think I might just not watch the final if Vandenbogaerde gets through, watching him playing best of 11 is torture, best of 13 doesn't bear thinking about.

A real danger that the place will be half empty for the women's final at this rate which would be a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I don't think Wayne Warren has much to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Vandenbogaerde is the darts equivalent of Cliff Thorburn in snooker. A grinder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

And on it goes:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

hawkwing wrote: »
    And on it goes:o

Crowd will be either gone, asleep or severely intoxicated by the time the ladies come on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The Japanese will be raging they set their alarm so early. Could have another hour in bed :pac:

Suzuki in full control here,played good stuff in the 1st set.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ashton the better scorer but missing too many doubles. Suzuki the better all round player.

Well done Suzuki, deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

terrible final , ashton hasnt a hope in q school the way shes playing

delighted for Suzuki :)

Wonder will the prize money be announced?

sc86 wrote: »
    terrible final , ashton hasnt a hope in q school the way shes playing

That's a bit harsh, mid 80's averages. The checkout percentages not great though.

The top ladies need to play against the men more often to improve their game. Playing against the likes of Paula Jacklin and Laura Turner will never help them improve.

No sign of Des

• Advertisement

No sign of Des
    and no sign of the cheque!!

Advertisement