Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 BDO World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

and no sign of the cheque!!
    I'm sure there is a 20 pound note in the cup,Suzuki is laughing all the way to the bank:o

Think Fallon was right to give it a miss.

Sickener she pulled out so late though, her advisers have a lot to answer
    for.

Disgusting, especially for those who only bought tickets to see her.

Well done Suzuki :)

Definitely too good for everyone else this year, even allowing for a poorish
    performance from the Rose..

Think Suzuki wins it multiple times now.. She knows she has the measure of
    everyone else :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Thought it was ridiculous that Fallon Sherrock pulled out to be honest.
    At the end of the day, regardless of how big or small the prize money is, it's the World Championship and is the biggest title on offer. She has never won it and would've had a great shot this year, but she chucked it away in favour of an exhibition. As great and all as her run was at the PDC Worlds, I'd like see what silverware she got out of it.

If she wants to turn into Bobby George and be an exhibitionist that's up to her, but if she wants to be an actual competitive darts player then it helps to go to the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Think Fallon was right to give it a miss.

Sickener she pulled out so late though, her advisers have a lot to answer
    for.

Disgusting, especially for those who only bought tickets to see her.

Well done Suzuki :)

Definitely too good for everyone else this year, even allowing for a poorish
    performance from the Rose..

Think Suzuki wins it multiple times now.. She knows she has the measure of
    everyone else :):)

Nobody bought tickets to see Fallon Sherock

Thought it was ridiculous that Fallon Sherrock pulled out to be honest.
    At the end of the day, regardless of how big or small the prize money is, it's the World Championship and is the biggest title on offer. She has never won it and would've had a great shot this year, but she chucked it away in favour of an exhibition. As great and all as her run was at the PDC Worlds, I'd like see what silverware she got out of it.

If she wants to turn into Bobby George and be an exhibitionist that's up to her, but if she wants to be an actual competitive darts player then it helps to go to the big one.

Think she was right to go for the money myself - the way she went about it though: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Lancashire Rose, least apt name I ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

Kingp35 wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh, mid 80's averages. The checkout percentages not great though.

The top ladies need to play against the men more often to improve their game. Playing against the likes of Paula Jacklin and Laura Turner will never help them improve.

Excitement wise it was poor , more to games than averages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Joekers wrote: »
    Nobody bought tickets to see Fallon Sherock

Nobody was buying tickets full stop.

Fallon was dead right , she needs to cash in this year while she can , single mom with average paid job , go to exhabition and get paid loads or play a worlds where she might get few hundred and is a laughing stock.
    Shes right looking after herself , its not as if the bdo care

Why would sHD e be a laughing stock?

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Ashton will hammer whoever gets to the final

Where are ya Ally???

Why would sHD e be a laughing stock?

The bdo worlds is a laughin stock , not her.
    Id say winner of ladies might ger 5k

sc86 wrote: »
    The bdo worlds is a laughin stock , not her.
    Id say winner of ladies might ger 5k

Apologies I hear what you are saying alright. It's a pity because there's a place for the bdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Lancashire Rose, least apt name I ever heard.

Careful now.....

Where are ya Ally???

I'm certainly not Nostradamus. Looks like Ashton f#cked herself on doubles

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Careful now.....

Sailing close alright.

Sailing close alright.

Her daughter looks nice, apart from the Moore Street trader style shouting

I'd love to ram the microphone down Paul Nicholson's throat when he starts that oul guff about "multi location" winners

I must say, Ashton was very gracious in defeat. Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Will they announce the prize fund for winners of men’s and ladies ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Delighted to see Bennett beaten, the fact that it was at the hands of KB makes it all the sweeter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

NDWC wrote: »
    Delighted to see Bennett beaten, the fact that it was at the hands of KB makes it all the sweeter :)

delighted to, did you see bennett sipping on the water after barry had won and shaking hes head.then again hes only turned 14 where was barry when he only turned 14 at home playing friends on the board.im not a bennett fan at all and delighted barry beat him :) but its a long road and who knows from here on...………………………...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I've had a great week or more reading the comments from all the keyboard darters slagging the BDO - everything from the crowds to how some of the players look, to the coverage. Could almost guarantee not one person would have the skill or the nerve to throw on a big stage like that.

The majority of the competitors are amateur or barely semi-pro....just like the a lot of PDC players before they became famous.

Barney was still a postman in The Netherlands when he won at The Lakeside. Taylor was a toolmaker. Whitlock was a bricklayer. Durrant was a housing manager. Bunting was an administrator.

The BDO might be dying as a darting organisation, but don't forget that they gave a lot of pros their starts in professional darts. And also don't forget what your mammies said "Don't speak ill of the dead or the dying".

Bloody armchair darters!!!! ARRRRRGHHHH!!

I see barry didnt get presented with the proper trophy that bennet got last year?
    Did des pawn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I see barry didnt get presented with the proper trophy that bennet got last year?
    Did des pawn it off?

Dont know what the story with that is. John O Shea got a dud trophy for the masters too then got the real one a few weeks later in kilarney.

Some few months Barry's had since September Irish Matchplay, World Master, JDC world champ, BDO youth world champ, PDC worlds appearance and a lot or runners up spots. Really hope he gets a tour card

Did john o shea not only get the real trophy after huge outcry from people saying it was a disgrace ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Did john o shea not only get the real trophy after huge outcry from people saying it was a disgrace ?

The first trophy he was given was found online for £20. The original trophy was owned by winmau and had their name on it. Think I remember reading that winmau wanted their name removed before the trophy but be given out. BDO probably wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't for the public outcry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

FanadMan wrote: »
    I've had a great week or more reading the comments from all the keyboard darters slagging the BDO - everything from the crowds to how some of the players look, to the coverage. Could almost guarantee not one person would have the skill or the nerve to throw on a big stage like that.

I would, just don't have the time or money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The majority of the competitors are amateur or barely semi-pro....just like the a lot of PDC players before they became famous.

Barney was still a postman in The Netherlands when he won at The Lakeside. Taylor was a toolmaker. Whitlock was a bricklayer. Durrant was a housing manager. Bunting was an administrator.

The BDO might be dying as a darting organisation, but don't forget that they gave a lot of pros their starts in professional darts. And also don't forget what your mammies said "Don't speak ill of the dead or the dying".

Bloody armchair darters!!!! ARRRRRGHHHH!!

Does this apply to everything in life? Do you not criticise movies because you’ve not had a successful production yourself? Do you not criticise soccer or GAA players because you’re not out there racking up good stats?

I think most people commenting are sad at the sh*t show it has progressively become. I enjoy it for what it is every year and if it goes under it's one less big sporting event off the calendar for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

Whitlock never won the Lakeside.

Advertisement