Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 BDO World Championships

Options
  • 03-01-2020 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

So this is starting tomorrow despite all the recent troubles in the organisation. While we all recognize that the standard is not up to that of the PDC it still provides some quality and/or enjoyable games every year.

Some interesting games in the first round including Scott Waites against Martin Adams and the debut of Leighton Bennett against Scott Mitchell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Looking forward to seeing Lieghton Bennet and Beau Greeves especially. Other than them I probably wont watch a single game for the first time in 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Backed Martijn Kleermaker to win it so will only watch his matches/match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Can't actually watch it, used to have Eurosport with Sky, then 'upgraded' the package and all of a sudden it disappeared.

Pity, there's still a charm to the BDO, although for me a lot of that had to do with loving the Lakeside (didn't start watching darts till 2006 though so it's not for nostalgic reasons, I just liked the venue), but sadly they've moved away.

Why did they switch venue?

Can't actually watch it, used to have Eurosport with Sky, then 'upgraded' the package and all of a sudden it disappeared.

Pity, there's still a charm to the BDO, although for me a lot of that had to do with loving the Lakeside (didn't start watching darts till 2006 though so it's not for nostalgic reasons, I just liked the venue), but sadly they've moved away.

It's on Quest aswell, that's free as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm just going to throw a wiki-link onto the first page (so I can easily check results/draw on phone, at work etc).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_BDO_World_Darts_Championship

• Advertisement

US2 wrote: »
    It's on Quest aswell, that's free as far as I know.

Cheers, I don't think they have full coverage but it's better than nothing.

If you have broadband Eurosport streaming app is excellent quality for 5 a month I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Because they’re run by idiots.

Defied logic!

TbL

Lakeside Country Club were keeping all the ticket money, and had full control over concession stands, merchandising, the bar money etc.
    In return they were putting up the prize-money.

BDO felt with their incredibly strong product that could they hire a venue, sell thousands of tickets, make money from merchandising, and take in enough to pay a decent prize fund and have profit left over.

So they've ended up in the O2 with a potential disaster on their hands.

Or, to put in succinctly.
    Because they’re run by idiots.

Lakeside Country Club were keeping all the ticket money, and had full control over concession stands, merchandising, the bar money etc.
    In return they were putting up the prize-money.

BDO felt with their incredibly strong product that could they hire a venue, sell thousands of tickets, make money from merchandising, and take in enough to pay a decent prize fund and have profit left over.

So they've ended up in the O2 with a potential disaster on their hands.

Or, to put in succinctly.

God lord that's pretty woeful stuff, they basically need a miracle if the ticket sales are anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

The stage looks like something you'd buy in Ikea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

There is zero atmosphere here. Only good thing is if you live in London, you are home, and you won't have to travel too far to get out of there with a pint afterwards...or during it!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Are the boards not Winmau anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Stewball wrote: »
    The stage looks like something you'd buy in Ikea.

And put together by me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

E mac wrote: »
    Are the boards not Winmau anymore?

They look fairly poor quality. The outer bull ring was pretty torn up in that last match

I see Wes Newton was beaten in the qualifiers by this guy Scott Williams. Wes seems to have gone from PDC to BDO to obscurity

Thompson is 50. He looks 65

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Degag wrote: »
    They look fairly poor quality. The outer bull ring was pretty torn up in that last match

Ya thought so as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I see Wes Newton was beaten in the qualifiers by this guy Scott Williams. Wes seems to have gone from PDC to BDO to obscurity

He was only in the premier league in 2014

Crazy how far he has dropped down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Is it just my TV or is the colour all screwed up?

• Advertisement

Is it just my TV or is the colour all screwed up?

What colours you seeing.

Red bits on the board are ever so slightly purple.
    Background is very very very very very dark blue.

If that's what you are seeing then your tv is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

What colours you seeing.

Red bits on the board are ever so slightly purple.
    Background is very very very very very dark blue.

If that's what you are seeing then your tv is fine.

Red and green look a funny shade to me.

The camera for the closeups is comical. I’d do as good a job with my phone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Atrocious venue. Looks and sounds like a bad wedding

They couldn't even get the sound of the darts right. Sounds like pencils being thrown at the board

Jesus Christ. He was good once?

Red and green look a funny shade to me.

The camera for the closeups is comical. I’d do as good a job with my phone :pac:

After 10 pints as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Prum would murder ya id say

Yeah venue is ****e but its inside the o2 complex so plenty of places in there you can **** off too if it really gets bad

I find Corinne attractive. Glad she beat the other "woman" there

I find Corinne attractive. Glad she beat the other "woman" there

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Just switched on...

Yer man Landman miscounts at match dart, needs d18 thinks he need d16 andd hits it..

Jesus swept

• Advertisement

Parletti is a clown. Playing too much to the crowd. I hope he loses

Advertisement