Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will world war 3 begin and end?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Assassination of one of the key leaders of the Iranian armed forces by USA.

Dunno about ending. Might need to switch to an electric car sooner rather than later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

How is it inevitable? I dont think there will ever be another war of that scale again. Some countries in eastern europe are still reeling from the destruction of the last one, nobody wants it to happen again, and most countries would do anything to try and stop it from happening rather than partaking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

With Skynet becoming self aware but the human resistance then learns to fight back and eventually win because of a chosen savior in a man called John Connor with a rather convoluted backstory.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

wakka12 wrote: »
    , nobody wants it to happen again, and most countries would do anything to try and stop it from happening rather than partaking

Yet here we are with a halfwit going around assassinating high ups in foreign governments he doesnt like........

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ekerot

In three years, Cyberdyne will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All stealth bombers are upgraded with Cyberdyne computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

With Skynet becoming self aware but the human resistance then learns to fight back and eventually win because of a chosen savior in a man called John Connor with a rather convoluted backstory.

Celebrity traveller to world saviour is decent career progression to be fair.

Celebrity traveller to world saviour is decent career progression to be fair.

He'll be a boss, boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

China and the USA will eventually face off.

Russias status is overestimated by everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Theres no economic incentive for russia or china or america
    ,they are trading partners ,we have a global economy.
    theres no chance of a world war between super powers .
    Also russia and america have nuclear weapons.
    eu countrys are members of the eu and nato.
    there may be wars in the middle east.
    maybe iran and america will go to war.
    go to a shop in the uk or america, its hard to buy a phone or a pc or a laptop that does not have parts made in china .
    China,s economy depends on trading with the eu and america .
    We had world wars in the the 20 th century because at that time
    army,s consisted of troop,s ,tank,s ,the navy, the air force.
    no one had nuclear weapons in 1914 or 1940.
    i think the korean war was the last major conflict we will see ,
    where china fought the american army .
    The us military has a massive budget,
    they do not have to go to war to develop new tech or new weapons .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    China and the USA will eventually face off.
    Russias status is overestimated by everyone
    Eventually, but not anytime soon.

Russ is constantly bringing out new hardware, the latest batch is stealthy hypersonic stuff, something like x15 speed of sound delivery. They also have that big cold-ear arsenal of circa 4,000 large throwing sticks.

One of them is so destructive (100mt or something), it can't actually be tested by air drop, as any jet (even on full burners M2+), would still not be able to clear the immediate damage zone quick enough, and likely get vapourised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The USA will take out Iran's no 2. Proxy war then all out war between them , including nukes then everybody left is at war with Russia and China. Who nuke each other.
    Queue mass emigration TO Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭daheff

cjmc wrote: »
    The USA will take out Iran's no 2. Proxy war then all out war between them , including nukes then everybody left is at war with Russia and China. Who nuke each other.
    Queue mass emigration TO Africa.

Great
    Nuclear winter will solve Global warming!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

"ANYBODY BUYING OR SELLING IODINE TABLETS"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

BattleCorp wrote: »
    "ANYBODY BUYING OR SELLING IODINE TABLETS"

Cue mass hysteria over every house in the country not having a weeks supply of the yokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

It will start with a question
    "What does this button do?"

It will end with a treaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

24yaqv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

There will be a world war 3. That is inevitable. I know the first post on this thread will be, the next war will be the last war because of nuclear weapons. But I think the major powers will only attack when they know this is not a possibility

My best guess, I think plans for world war 3 are ongoing now . I think the EU and USA and nato will be in Co hoots together, negotiating for decades a false flag attack against the Eternal "enemy" Russia

When they have build defence systems that are impregnable, America will have a "warship downed by Russians" and America will send nuclear weapons to Russia and China with love

Do you think ww3 will happen this century?

Russia ended ww2 let's not forget. It won't be Russia. They have no reason to start a war.
    There could be a war with what the Americans did today. Bombing that Iranian general.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

If people keep talking about it then it will happen.

We should be talking about how to bring peace and respect back to the top levels of govt in the world. They are starting to talk to each other like we do on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

If people keep talking about it then it will happen.

We should be talking about how to bring peace and respect back to the top levels of govt in the world. They are starting to talk to each other like we do on here.
    Pretty sure heads of state talking to each other like people do on boards would lead to mass deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

I am forty odd years on this earth I don’t think I have ever felt so safe on this earth as I do now

80’s 90’s 00’s it felt very unstable globally

Now not so much

I’m in my 50s and feel the world to be VERY unstable politically (yes the US is a divided nation) financially and societally.

I can honestly say I feel more uneasy now than ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

NSAman wrote: »
    I’m in my 50s and feel the world to be VERY unstable politically (yes the US is a divided nation) financially and societally.

I can honestly say I feel more uneasy now than ever before.
    Probably because you are too young to remember the fears of the 50s and 60s of nuclear strikes. IMO a lot of what we feel now is the massive uncertainty that the financial chaos at the end of the last decade caused. We all have an assumption that things will not change and a response to change can be one of alarm or, over time, eventual acceptance.

Albert Einstein was once asked about this matter in the 40s.

“I don’t know what weapons might be used in World War III. But there isn’t any doubt what weapons will be used in World War IV.”

“And what are those?” a dinner guest asked.

“Stone spears” said Einstein.

That's a sobering and unnerving thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

Probably by mistake. The present clusterfck between the USA and Iran has the potential to get out of hand and drag in Russia. Both Trump and Iran keep saying they don't want war. Yet Trump assassinates their 2nd in command and the Iranians just launched ballistics missiles at US forces in Iran. I have an uneasy feeling the **** is about to hit the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

WW lll, it just started....

https://www.9news.com.au/world/iran-missile-attack-on-us-bases-in-iraq/e0140daf-5e14-43d2-893f-cbed736e94ad

Iran has launched "tens" of surface-to-surface missiles at an Iraqi airbase housing US troops over the killing of a top general.

Iranian state television described it as a revenge operation over the killing of Revolutionary Guard General Qassem Soleimani last week.

State television said the operation's name was "Martyr Soleimani"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Donald Trump will tweet out the nuclear launch codes by mistake, that were forwarded to him by Eric Trump

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,139 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It will probably be over water. The most important resource on earth.

Either than or over Facebook likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

The religious view might be that there won't be a third world war, just a very nasty regional war in the Middle East that is ended by the second coming and the permanent peace of the Kingdom. It looks like that might be developing now. One could see how the current conflict might spread to a war between Israel and its NATO allies, and an alliance of Iran, Syria, Hezbollah in Lebanon and various other forces. This would no doubt be most active in areas of northern Israel that are mentioned in Biblical prophecy of end time conflicts, such as Armageddon which refers to a location not far from Nazareth between the Sea of Galilee and the Mediterranean in what is now the border area of Israel and the west bank territory of the Palestinian authority.

While this conflict could draw in Russia, we may find that Russia plays a defensive role for Syria and tries to stay out of direct conflict with NATO or Israel other than to push them out of Syrian territory. I don't think Russia would want to risk a global war which would almost certainly leave their country in ruins.

China has no obvious route into this regional conflict but would be rattling sabres in the background.

This has always seemed long delayed to me, the situation has been simmering for decades (1982 was probably the most active year in the regional conflict in southern Lebanon) and with the current list of actors, one might expect the pot to boil over.

The more pressure Iran feels in coming days, the more likely it is that their own religious persuasions (a different set of prophecies from those familiar to Christians and Jews) would cause them to ramp up their activities in Lebanon with Hezbollah. They would feel that an end of days scenario was developing and that they should be advancing on Jerusalem to prepare the way for their own messianic figure.

This could all die down after a while, or it could explode into that very scenario of regional war that many have been expecting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

This spat with Iran sure as hell won't be WW3. Iran could be defeated as fast as Iraq in a conventional war.

• Advertisement

This spat with Iran sure as hell won't be WW3. Iran could be defeated as fast as Iraq in a conventional war.

Well yeah, but a world war is when other countries get dragged in as a result of a conventional war.

It's highly unlikely there will ever be a proper world war ever again where superpowers are going at it.

Advertisement