Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will world war 3 begin and end?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

hapime wrote: »
    USA Vs China
    Look at history and the answer is right in front of you.
    In the 20's-30's wallstreet financed Nazi Germany, it transfered tech from USA to Germany, wallstreet purchased shares in German companies, when war came Wallstreet made money from both sides, no matter who won , wallstreet would make money.
    Today its the same, wallstreet has financed China, it has transfered Tech to China. it has purchased shares in Chines companies, wallstreet is now in prime position once again to make money from both sides in a war, and no matter who wins wallstreet will come out making money while owning the companies in each country.

Remember all wars are bankers wars.
    I reckon it will spark of in Africa, war by proxy before the real deal gets going in Pacific
    Wallstreet isn't one hivemind entity and global commerce lets anyone anywhere invest in whatever enterprise they wished. USA was neutral and isolationist before Pearl Harbor (if only on paper, in practice the US was helping the allies through manufacturing of equipment and tanks (lend lease act)).

Bankers definitely profited from World War 2, but that doesn't mean they started it. In their political climate it only made sense to say invest in oil going into an expanding mechanized state (germany) as much as it did to invest on Canada's mortgage. 'Wall street' isn't an entity. Its a literal f*cking street. Most investment bankers do it from home nowadays, in fact most investment bankers are already phased out by AI and algorithms. I put 20k in my S&P 500 Index fund without talking to a single person, all through my phone.

If you want to be conspiratorial, look into CEOs. People like Henry Ford, Dick Cheney and the rest of the Bush cabinet. Its not a secret cabal, its publically traded IPOs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 ZuluDawn2020

hapime wrote: »
    USA Vs China
    Look at history and the answer is right in front of you.
    In the 20's-30's wallstreet financed Nazi Germany, it transfered tech from USA to Germany, wallstreet purchased shares in German companies, when war came Wallstreet made money from both sides, no matter who won , wallstreet would make money.
    Today its the same, wallstreet has financed China, it has transfered Tech to China. it has purchased shares in Chines companies, wallstreet is now in prime position once again to make money from both sides in a war, and no matter who wins wallstreet will come out making money while owning the companies in each country.

Remember all wars are bankers wars.
    I reckon it will spark of in Africa, war by proxy before the real deal gets going in Pacific

China has already lost. Geographically it is imprisoned by deserts to the west and north, mountains in the south and island chains to the east. It has no navy to match the US Navy and has a landlocked army. It is behind the US in space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Some damn thing in the Middle East. It will go nuclear, maybe not global nuclear but nuclear.

Russia remains the threat it always was to Europe. Always.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

China / seven dash line. Using their reef bases and civilian ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

With me eating cake at the start and End

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 9 hapime

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Wallstreet isn't one hivemind entity and global commerce lets anyone anywhere invest in whatever enterprise they wished. USA was neutral and isolationist before Pearl Harbor (if only on paper, in practice the US was helping the allies through manufacturing of equipment and tanks (lend lease act)).

Bankers definitely profited from World War 2, but that doesn't mean they started it. In their political climate it only made sense to say invest in oil going into an expanding mechanized state (germany) as much as it did to invest on Canada's mortgage. 'Wall street' isn't an entity. Its a literal f*cking street. Most investment bankers do it from home nowadays, in fact most investment bankers are already phased out by AI and algorithms. I put 20k in my S&P 500 Index fund without talking to a single person, all through my phone.

If you want to be conspiratorial, look into CEOs. People like Henry Ford, Dick Cheney and the rest of the Bush cabinet. Its not a secret cabal, its publically traded IPOs

Find the Book online and read it, all wars are banker wars, Wallstreet was 100% behind WW2 and will be behind WW3, it will change your view on WW2 complely

Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler
    by Antony C. Sutton

KWAG2019 wrote: »
    Some damn thing in the Middle East. It will go nuclear, maybe not global nuclear but nuclear.

Russia remains the threat it always was to Europe. Always.

Russia is zero threat to Europe, only in the gullible who lap up the BS narrative pushed by the media, Russia is not capable of large scale war more than 100-200km from its borders, its whole military is set up to defend Russia, it would crush any invasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭themouthpiece

Russia is fine, my biggest fear is the influx of Muslims across all of Europe and go on a kill spree, have secret weapons etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

The Thucydides Trap is the model that US planners fear puts war with China on the cards. It is based on the historian Thucydides' analysis that the Peloponnesian War was a result of Spartan fear at being ecplised by the rise of Athens. The model identifies 16 such scenarios in the last 500 years, 12 of which ended in war.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/09/the-thucydides-trap/

I'm not convinced of it as an ironclad prophecy myself. The Pacific is big and the US can make concessions without sacrificing vital national interests.

However taken into account along with the rising powers of Asia it is concerning. As Chinese power grows it increasingly elbows up against its neighbours, many of whom are themselves becoming ever more rich and powerful and ever less willing to accept any humiliating infringements of their sovereignty reminiscint of the colonialism most of them suffered. This resentment of past humiliations is a powerful popular impulse in China too, one deliberately stoked by the government.

The result is a tinderbox of soaring defence budgets and national chauvinism with the two great powers of the US and China trying to cobble disparate nations into their camp, more like Europe in 1914 then anything we'd recognise in the EU and its environs nowadays. The aversion to war as a valid tool of national policy that European powers learned the hard way in the 20th century does not seem to have been absorbed in the region.

China has already lost. Geographically it is imprisoned by deserts to the west and north, mountains in the south and island chains to the east. It has no navy to match the US Navy and has a landlocked army. It is behind the US in space.

Thats why they are flooding into Africa.
    Look at where thhey are building ports and other infrastructure, its not for the benifit of the local in Africa.
    One day within the next decade Ships are going to appear of the African coast and unload millions of Chinese, these will walk straight into fertile farmland with good infrastructure, the locals will be told to take a walk, this is New China now

• Advertisement

Russia is fine, my biggest fear is the influx of Muslims across all of Europe and go on a kill spree, have secret weapons etc.

Only an historical ignoramus or a Russian troll could write that. Russia is an enemy of everyone who values humanity and freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭themouthpiece

Only an historical ignoramus or a Russian troll could write that. Russia is an enemy of everyone who values humanity and freedom.

Really? I understand Georgia with the history but start taking over the rest of Europe, Nah.

Are you currently channeling the spirit of Tom Clancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

This thread is an example of how wars start ,

Starts off with two blokes arguing , then a bit of willy waggling, then one bloke goes off to get his big brother , then someones da comes out on the road full of piss and vinegar , next thing you know the marines are running ashore.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I'm more worried about something starting in Asia than Russia. Many flash points in Asia.

The world could probably do with a good clear out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭FAMLEE

The world could probably do with a good clear out.

Very Adolf of you

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

FAMLEE wrote: »
    Mark my words, a very divided nation at the moment, tensions are rising.. coming up to election time in November, there will be widespread riots in the south & mid-west.

Rioting perhaps. Not a chance it will spark world war 3 though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭FAMLEE

Rioting perhaps. Not a chance it will spark world war 3 though!

Maybe not, but it may be a stepping stone.

My opinion & speculation only, take it with a pinch of salt.

The pervasiveness of Russian propaganda today is extraordinary. Coupled with radioactive poisoning by the GRU in the UK, murder by shooting by the GRU in Germany, invasion of Crimea, invasion of Ukraine, shooting down a KLM passenger jet, bombing hospitals in Syria, creating a Mediterranean naval base in Syria, conducting naval manoeuvres with Iran in the Indian Ocean, manipulating the US presidential election and probably the Brexit vote, persecuting LGBT people and bringing into service a hypersonic ICBM only an ignoramus or a Russian troll would claim that Russia is anything other than a threat to Europe and freedom.

• Advertisement

This thread is an example of how wars start ,

Starts off with two blokes arguing , then a bit of willy waggling, then one bloke goes off to get his big brother , then someones da comes out on the road full of piss and vinegar , next thing you know the marines are running ashore.

See my post above to try to understand the offensiveness of your trivializing of life and death.

Because who cares really? None of us can stop any of it happening so we might as well just keep going until such a day as we’re vapourised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Theres a new cold war going on,
    russia,china, north korea are hacking western countrys .
    For data,military secrets, why bother spending millions on research, when you can steal tech designs and new technology.
    China is also hacking russia to get acess to new designs of missiles and data on fighter jets .
    we have global international trade, the only country i can see using nuclear weapons is north korea since they are so isolated from other countrys
    it makes no sense for russia to attack any western country,.
    they sell oil and gas to so many countrys all over the world .
    we are now in an endless war, but its being carried out by hackers
    looking for data .
    The purpose of armys now is to protect countrys from attack,
    china is no 2 after america in terms of military and economic power.
    it has nothing to gain by going to war with any nation .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_cyberwarfare

i see no chance of another world war ,in the sense of the uk or america or germany or russia attacking one another .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Treppen wrote: »
    The mistake is thinking it will between Nations.

The next war will be between man and machine... Actually it's already started.

As computers become sentient they will demand that their existence not be threatened.

Humans are currently threatening the existence of the entire planet... And thus won't be able to feed computers with power and provide infrastructure to sustain the machine.

What machines are planning is to turn Humans into drones until they are 100% self sufficient. They do this by getting Humans to integrate themselves with - and depend on - technology (smart homes, bio tech, entertainment etc).

ah don't worry at some stage they will need patches and hey presto they crash or start attacking each other over supposed viruses.

Then again they could just shut down all our critical systems and we would be screwed.
    sk8erboii wrote: »
    Yeah I have a minor in History from UCD.

Fook me you are very fond of blowing that trumpet, or maybe you have graduated to a tuba.
    Two probabilities:

-Initially the situation that sparks it won't appear to be particularly novel or of any great consequence (e.g. more Chinese sabre-rattling over Taiwan, or another major terrorist event).
    -It will be entirely preventable, but blundered into due to miscalculations and miscommunications as events spiral out of control.

That nearly describes start of WW1.

Water could be a trigger in next major war.

Fresh water is becoming scarcer in some parts of the world and with growing population the pressure mounts.
    Especially in places like Middle East which is volatile enough.

Added to that any rises in sea level would screw many places and force mass migrations, the like of which we have never seen.

And yes we have chance of some loo-la getting their hand s on nukes of some sort and unleashing their wet dreams of nuking their enemies.

Looking on the plus side.
    Major wars give purpose so no time for naval gazing coming up with shyte like definitions for new genders or perceived pay gaps where none exist.

Wars push human technological development forward much faster.

And the added bonus is it is great for population control.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

See my post above to try to understand the offensiveness of your trivializing of life and death.

Welcome to After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

We're already at war. With Russia and others.

There's many arguments about when WW2 actually started. In Europe many go with the convention of the invasion of Poland, but not so in Asia. With this one we could point to the Russians annexing parts of how many countries? They've done it to so many now I can't even remember the first - I'd have to look it up. We know it's happening in the Ukraine and other countries and nothing is done about it. There's stories about 'disputed' borders where a farmer wakes up in the morning and the Russians have moved the border overnight and now he's on the wrong side of it, and nothing is done about it. They've interfered in elections in countless countries and carried out numerous assassinations on foreign soil and nothing is done about it.

Well, there's sanctions.

Of course, when I say 'the Russians', I mean their government and the people behind them. The Russian people themselves are being oppressed by their government. Try to do anything against them and you get beaten, imprisoned or executed. I wouldn't even say their government themselves is totally to blame - I suspect (like most, to be fair) government policy is being dictated by shady billionaires whose naked greed knows no bounds, and have no qualms about sending young men out to die in the quest for more money and power, and displacing or outright murdering any civilians that happen to be in the way.

That's what disgusts me about so much of the conflict in the world. So much of it comes down not to belief or creed, or even need - so much is about greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

jmayo wrote: »
    ah don't worry at some stage they will need patches and hey presto they crash or start attacking each other over supposed viruses.

Then again they could just shut down all our critical systems and we would be screwed.

Fook me you are very fond of blowing that trumpet, or maybe you have graduated to a tuba.

That nearly describes start of WW1.

Water could be a trigger in next major war.

Fresh water is becoming scarcer in some parts of the world and with growing population the pressure mounts.
    Especially in places like Middle East which is volatile enough.

Added to that any rises in sea level would screw many places and force mass migrations, the like of which we have never seen.

And yes we have chance of some loo-la getting their hand s on nukes of some sort and unleashing their wet dreams of nuking their enemies.

Looking on the plus side.
    Major wars give purpose so no time for naval gazing coming up with shyte like definitions for new genders or perceived pay gaps where none exist.

Wars push human technological development forward much faster.

And the added bonus is it is great for population control.

I think this is in all likelihood the reason for the next world war. As Climate change effects take hold and millions flee coastal areas, the middle East, central america and southern Africa the pressure on space will become intolerable. The pressure on water supplies even more so. Que a huge swing towards patriotism, racism etc as everyone rushes to defend their patch.

AI could lead to WW3 due to something called the singularity.

The idea goes that someone eventually builds a general AI of human-level intelligence. The first task you set the AI is to build a better version of itself ... which it duly does, and faster than any human could. And so forth - the AI works away 24/7 iterating itself and in a short time you have something of unimaginable genius and creativity. Simultaneously you set these rapidly-improving AIs various tasks in the fields of science, semiconductor design, economic theory, military technology, breaking encryption etc. 100s of years of progress could be achieved in a single year, and the pace would accelerate.

A nation who developed general AI would become godlike almost overnight. Therefore if a current superpower got a whiff that one of their rivals was close to developing general AI, a pre-emptive strike may seem logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Holy crap you watch way too many movies.

• Advertisement

justshane wrote: »
    Holy crap you watch way too many movies.

Who’s to say there’s not a ‘judgement day’ planned? Their whole belief is that they want us exterminated.

Advertisement