Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

doctorg wrote: »
    What time does the IPO open?

I suspect about 4pm Irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

doctorg wrote: »
    But they are only 'Rights' to buy. You can buy or sell your rights before the cut of date. If you don't do anything, as I understand, you just forfeit that right.

And since the stock is getting diluted, you price of the share would reduce following the dilution

So if I buy LSE | IAGN (rights issue) @ 68.52 now, is it correct to assume this moves to a LSE | IAG @ 129.55 to offset the loss from the dilution that has already happened.

Degniro have issued no correspondence yet so unsure when the deadline to buy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

So if I buy LSE | IAGN (rights issue) @ 68.52 now, is it correct to assume this moves to a LSE | IAG @ 129.55 to offset the loss from the dilution that has already happened.

Degniro have issued no correspondence yet so unsure when the deadline to buy is.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103263109&postcount=5

This post from 2017 suggests you have to contact them by email.

I presume the €10 fee surcharge would apply in such case.

Looks like Snowflake is gonna open close to $200

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

Im looking at buying some Tencent shares. Any opinions on this stock?
    Seems to be undervalued massively when compared to its US counterparts.

Its only available on Degiro using the Hong Kong stock exchange. Anyone ever manage to buy here. It doesnt appear to have live prices so is a bit confusing.

Bump.

Anyone know why there is also two listings for this on Frankfurt Exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Shedite27 wrote: »

Ah jaysis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

bp_me wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103263109&postcount=5

This post from 2017 suggests you have to contact them by email.

I presume the €10 fee surcharge would apply in such case.

Rang earlier, email should be sent out to everyone with shares and you simply reply to that email..

more info on https://www.iairgroup.com/~/media/Files/I/IAG/press-releases/english/2020/Fully%20Underwritten%20Capital%20Increase%20to%20Raise%20Gross%20Proceeds%20of%202741%20million.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭antimatterx

robman60 wrote: »
    What is going on with snowflake, showing at $23.75 for me on Degiro even though I had heard it expected to be about $100

Same???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Shedite27 wrote: »

More like $240.... (I made a decent stab earlier :-) )

https://www.barrons.com/articles/snowflake-ipo-prices-at-120-a-share-above-expected-range-51600210321

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭doctorg

Same???

IPO still hasn't landed to the public yet. Expected to open around 240$ now

• Advertisement

Bump.

Anyone know why there is also two listings for this on Frankfurt Exchange.

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

At 240 dollars per share, will there be many here buying? I think I might hold out in the hope of a fall back in price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Rothmans wrote: »
    At 240 dollars per share, will there be many here buying? I think I might hold out in the hope of a fall back in price

Its 277 on trading 212 now!

Not buying

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Yeah lots going to get burned out the gate.
    Not touching it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

bump

Looks like one is a listing for Tencent Holdings based in Cayman Islands while the other is some sort of ADR set up also for Tencent Holdings but based in the USA

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/adr.asp#:~:text=An%20American%20depositary%20receipt%20(ADR)%20is%20a%20certificate%20issued%20by,investors%20to%20own%20foreign%20stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Don't rush, I would say you'll see it close to 200 or even under in a week or two

Down to open price of 240s already from the highs of 300

Had to buy into GameStop today, have been watching it for weeks now and I can't miss the full short squeeze. Still think it's massively undervalued for console launch season.

Kilboor wrote: »
    Had to buy into GameStop today, have been watching it for weeks now and I can't miss the full short squeeze. Still think it's massively undervalued for console launch season.

You are mad I think.
    Gamestop is a thing of the past.

You are mad I think.
    Gamestop is a thing of the past.

650 million in cash, huge setup for short squeeze, transitioning to online platform and shutting down unprofitable stores, also it's console launch season. This ain't blockbuster, to get a games console quick you need to buy from GameStop or physical in general

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭testtech05

Kilboor wrote: »

I have a small position in it already and really in 2 minds whether I should add to it or not. The joys of stocks I guess!!

How far do people think it can get realistically? If we knew we would all be experts just curious what others think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭franglan

What's gone wrong with GAN, bought a few more today and further in the red? My either or stock Draft Kings doing very well last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

Gamestop could potentially be next Xtravision... or .... what is their new strategy I wonder, can they be next Steam? Not sure tbh!!

Tomorrow's PS5 event might give some hints (if there's a massive price difference between digital only version vs the version with bluray drive).

PS: Sorry the event just happened. $399 digital, $499 with disc drive. I suspect digital will sell more. But Microsoft might sell even more of their new Model S (also digital). So yeah, I can't figure out how Gamestop can turn the tide around. They will be undercut by the likes of CEX in every way conceivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

franglan wrote: »
    What's gone wrong with GAN, bought a few more today and further in the red? My either or stock Draft Kings doing very well last few weeks.

DKNG treating me nicely since I bought into it. Long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭con747

franglan wrote: »

Wed, 16-Sep 10:50 AM ET) at feeds.benzinga.com
    Gan's Stock Continues Fall After Being Left Out Of Barstool App

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭franglan

DKNG treating me nicely since I bought into it. Long may it continue

Congrats on that. NFL is back up and long may your shares and the NFL continue going!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

con747 wrote: »
    Wed, 16-Sep 10:50 AM ET) at feeds.benzinga.com
    Gan's Stock Continues Fall After Being Left Out Of Barstool App

Didn't we know this a few weeks ago? Why has it dropped about 15% the last 2 days?
    Other betting stocks have been rallying, so this seems surprising to me

positron wrote: »
    Gamestop could potentially be next Xtravision... or .... what is their new strategy I wonder, can they be next Steam? Not sure tbh!!

Tomorrow's PS5 event might give some hints (if there's a massive price difference between digital only version vs the version with bluray drive).

PS: Sorry the event just happened. $399 digital, $499 with disc drive. I suspect digital will sell more. But Microsoft might sell even more of their new Model S (also digital). So yeah, I can't figure out how Gamestop can turn the tide around. They will be undercut by the likes of CEX in every way conceivable.

Pre orders sold out in Ireland already. Disc was first to sell out.

Looking like disc versions of games will be cheaper than digital too.

US GameStop stores are now taking pre orders. Massive lines being posted on twitter.

Look at the historical price action for console launches and GameStop. Combined with a short squeeze this one will be insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Are we still thinking that 4d pharma is a solid player to add to one's team?
    It has done well since first mentioned on here but the expectation even then was that it could grow rapidly.......

Asking for a friend. : )

Advertisement