Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kilboor wrote: »
    Had to buy into GameStop today, have been watching it for weeks now and I can't miss the full short squeeze. Still think it's massively undervalued for console launch season.

BOOOOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Kilboor wrote: »
    BOOOOOM!

Nicely timed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Nicely timed

I actually held it at bep 4.30 last month but sold for a better opportunity. In hindsight it was not a better opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SNOW is falling...

down 10% today

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Are we still thinking that 4d pharma is a solid player to add to one's team?
    It has done well since first mentioned on here but the expectation even then was that it could grow rapidly.......

Asking for a friend. : )

If that collaboration with MSD is successful, 4D will boom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Pelezico wrote: »
    If that collaboration with MSD is successful, 4D will boom.

My collaboration with degiro was successful earlier today and I've lost a few quid on 4d already...
    It's not a sprint I know I know...
    Thanks for the response & gl.

My collaboration with degiro was successful earlier today and I've lost a few quid on 4d already...
    It's not a sprint I know I know...
    Thanks for the response & gl.

I am in 4D myself. Not a sprint. Six months and keytruda work may pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Does anyone have some analysis or articles about how people are usually wrong about the affect a president will have on the market? As in 2016 people were saying the market would fall if Trump got elected but it actually did fine

I'm trying to show that trying to position for the US election is hard because people's predictions of who will win and what effect they will have are usually wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Did anyone exercised their IAG rights?

Thankfully wasn't in them. As €1.44 was the calculated new share price for the post split stock, a back of the envelope has €1.30 as the pre split €2.00 equivalent and is now trading at €1.28.

Not sure why it's down 10% today, but it's very volatile. I'll look to get back into it in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,070 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

RedRochey wrote: »
    Does anyone have some analysis or articles about how people are usually wrong about the affect a president will have on the market? As in 2016 people were saying the market would fall if Trump got elected but it actually did fine

I'm trying to show that trying to position for the US election is hard because people's predictions of who will win and what effect they will have are usually wrong

I think the general rule of thumb is republicans=good, democrats=bad for the stock market. Think people thought that trump may tank the market after what happened in his business career, but as prez he seemed to just do what the reps told him - business wise anyway.
    Would imagine a biden win in november would see some contraction, but a boon in other stocks e.g. guns

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Scrunch

No, Have not got any information from Degiro about how this can be done. I think the rights need to be exercised by end of next week

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

retalivity wrote: »
    I think the general rule of thumb is republicans=good, democrats=bad for the stock market.

And yet a unified government of either side gives a return of about 14.5%, a divided government with democrat president gives a return of about 16% while a divided government with a republican president only coughs up about 7%

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Hello,would glanbia be worth a punt at..not sure why they are dropping..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

#DDDD on the move again today. I'm up 137% at present, but people seem to think it will go higher once IBS trial results are released before the end of the month.

I just wish I bought a lot more...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

butrasgali wrote: »
    Hello,would glanbia be worth a punt at..not sure why they are dropping..

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0226/1117648-glanbia-full-year-results/

Are we still thinking that 4d pharma is a solid player to add to one's team?
    It has done well since first mentioned on here but the expectation even then was that it could grow rapidly.......

Asking for a friend. : )

Yes, without a doubt. It's way undervalued even at now almost 3 times what it was when I mentioned it here months ago. Now, I'm not into get rich schemes so I'm in no hurry and it's almost 3 times what I bought at.

Aside from the MSD link and the Covid thing they've an IBS project simmering away also, positive news on any one of that 3 will see decent gains again IMO.

Augeo wrote: »
    I expect 4d to be multiples of today's price over the next 18 months and quite likely sooner .......... the market cap is insanely small for their pipeline.

Augeo wrote: »
    https://pharmafield.co.uk/pharma_news/mhra_fast_track_nod_for_uk_pharma_companys_covid-19_study/

4d Pharma PLC

currently under 60p, was £1 prior to a placing in Feb that was at 50p, RNS yesterday regarding Phase II study in COVID-19.

Company is funded for the short term after the recent placing, they are working on a treatment not a vaccine........ as folk likely know, a vaccine being developed isn't at all guaranteed.

I'd put this one as low risk but potential high reward, and it'll be sooner rather then later :)

weemcd wrote: »
    #DDDD on the move again today. I'm up 137% at present, but people seem to think it will go higher once IBS trial results are released before the end of the month.

I just wish I bought a lot more...

Something must be in the offing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Pelezico wrote: »
    Something must be in the offing

Fair bit of noise about it on twitter if you go by that sort of thing. There's been people waiting for it to break out for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Draftkings is the gift that keeps on giving, up 67% since I bought it

• Advertisement

This IAG rights thing is killing my portfolio.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Scrunch wrote: »
    No, Have not got any information from Degiro about how this can be done. I think the rights need to be exercised by end of next week

Sent them an email

Thank you for your email.

Information regarding the IAG rights issue will be distributed over the next 1-2 days, please trust we will give enough time for your response to be recorded and acted upon.

Currently the Brokerage team are busy working on getting the required work done, after which you will be emailed with instructions for how to participate.

I got the email from degiro yesterday:
    We would like to inform you of an upcoming corporate action.

INTERNAT. CONS. AIRL. GROUP SA has announced an upcoming rights issue, for which you may find the details below:

Exercising 2 rights gives you the possibility to acquire 3 new shares at a price of 0,92 EUR per share. Subscriptions are only allowed in multiples of 3 lots.
    New shares will be delivered under the following ISIN: ES0177542018.
    The internal deadline for subscribing the rights is set for the 22nd of September 2020 at 16:30 GMT.
    How do I participate in this corporate action?

If you wish to participate, we kindly ask that you fulfill all of the following instructions on your WebTrader:

You can search for the product in the “Search” tab by the name “LSE Listing - IAG subscription offer” or by the ISIN: “ES0000LSEIAG”
    Place a limit buy order for € 0.92
    Enter the amount of shares that you wish to subscribe Note that only multiples of 3 new shares are allowed.
    You cannot subscribe for more than your entitlement. Please see IMPORTANT below.
    Select GTC. Day orders are not accepted.

Still confused though, there are 3 listing for that ISIN, and the one in LSE is listed in pence, not euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bought my first warrants yesterday, in the SPAC "PSTH". It's Bill Ackman's SPAC. He apparently tried to convince AirBnB to use his SPAC, so gives an idea of the type of company he's looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

retalivity wrote: »
    I got the email from degiro yesterday:

Still confused though, there are 3 listing for that ISIN, and the one in LSE is listed in pence, not euro

I didn't receive that :confused:
    Just the one listing in euro showing up at that ISIN for me.
    I am completely confused...
    Does the second line that appeared on degiro ending with "rts" indicate the number of rights you have? I purchased more of these to see what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭crushproof

Draftkings is the gift that keeps on giving, up 67% since I bought it

Raging, had enough for either GAN or draftkings. Flip of the coin and of course my luck that GAN won.

crushproof wrote: »
    Raging, had enough for either GAN or draftkings. Flip of the coin and of course my luck that GAN won.

You win some you lose some, don't beat yourself up about it

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

crushproof wrote: »

I was in the exact same boat, it was one or the other for me. I wouldn't loose all hope in GAN yet but I do think Draftkings is definitely going to be the bigger winner here in terms of return in the long run

I was in the exact same boat, it was one or the other for me. I wouldn't loose all hope in GAN yet but I do think Draftkings is definitely going to be the bigger winner here in terms of return in the long run

Yeah it's a very long term hold for me

• Advertisement

Got in on the $Kodak upswing. Bailed as I listened to The Donald speech when I realised he wasn't going to mention Kodak I sold to a very active market taking a good gain.

Still one I'll keep an eye on. Very high volumes and patriotic purchasing keeping it high.

Advertisement