Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭crushproof

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Whst are people's expectations on FMCI, supposedly going to announce the merger this month.Personally hoping it gets to 40/50$, ambitious maybe but for a SPAC 100% upside from current levels might well be doable.

Dam I kept my eye on this earlier on in the year but lost track. Superb rise since then and looks to be a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

crushproof wrote: »
    Dam I kept my eye on this earlier on in the year but lost track. Superb rise since then and looks to be a winner

I hope you're right, have quite a few of these while they might not be as red hot as EV SPACs they have a real product and real sales in a growing market segment where they are growing their reach and are very undervalued by comparison to their peer, who it has to be said are very overvalued.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I hope you're right, have quite a few of these while they might not be as red hot as EV SPACs they have a real product and real sales in a growing market segment where they are growing their reach and are very undervalued by comparison to their peer, who it has to be said are very overvalued.

The next 2 SPACs I'm in "blind" are IPOB and IPOC. No idea who the companies will end up being, but it's run by Chamath Palihapitiya, who is someone I always enjoy listening to and more importantly, is well connected. Basically I'm trusting that he will use my money wisely and find a good target company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Big slump in Exon Mobil. I got it at it's previous low but it's 10% down from that. Tempted to dip in again but might be a falling knife at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone have any thoughts on Workday?

• Advertisement

Peloton up 10% in pre-trading. I'm not far off being able to swap my Peloton Shares for a Peloton bike

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Peloton up 10% in pre-trading. I'm not far off being able to swap my Peloton Shares for a Peloton bike

How much are they anyway? Do they ship to Ireland? Don't know of anyone with one

How much are they anyway? Do they ship to Ireland? Don't know of anyone with one

Nah, only UK at the moment. They reduced the price to just £1750 this week

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Nah, only UK at the moment. They reduced the price to just £1750 this week

Bloody hell. That surely can't be sustainable, and a subscription fee on top of that?

Are J and J not still in ongoing hot water over their baby powder?

I'm sure the share price factors that in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Anyone have any thoughts on Workday?

Great company, missed the boat in the recent run up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

been in and out of Tesla this past week, never owned before

bought @$356 mid week - sold $ 391 following day

bought again yesterday for $ 362

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

IAG down 30%...any idea why?

ebayissues wrote: »

Wow, delayed reaction over 3:2 stock offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

ebayissues wrote: »

It is a contra split.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭ebayissues

Ah cool, cheers gents

Galego wrote: »
    It is a contra split.

That was on the 7th though

I think IAG is oversold, will transfer funds and hope it stays down for another few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭in2dark

On their website they show current price 138.7 GBp and they say this is +7.78%

So i dont know the specifics of the rights issue but it looks like we will get some rights with a kind of value....

Hope this is the case as I hold a few

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jose Maria

British Airways' parent IAG said it would raise €2.74bn (£2.5bn) in a rights issue to strengthen its finances as the airline group cut its estimates for capacity in 2020.
    The company will issue 2.98bn new shares at a price of €0.92 per share - a 35.9% discount to the theoretical ex-rights price based on the closing price on 9 September.
    The capital increase was approved at the company's annual meeting on 8 September and has been expected for some time. IAG, which also owns Iberia and Aer Lingus, said its biggest shareholder, Qatar Airways, had agreed to take up its 25.1% allocation of shares.
    For each existing IAG share the holder is entitled to one subscription right and two subscription rights are required to subscribe for three new shares. The rights issue is fully underwritten by Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley.
    IAG said it needed the money to shore up its balance sheet to withstand a potential prolonged downturn for the airline sector. The industry has been battered by government shutdowns and IAG said it did not think demand would recover until 2023 at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Jose Maria wrote: »
    For each existing IAG share the holder is entitled to one subscription right and two subscription rights are required to subscribe for three new shares. The rights issue is fully underwritten by Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley.

So I am entitled to purchase one extra share for every share I own at the discounted rate? How does this work with DEGIRO does anyone know?

So I am entitled to purchase one extra share for every share I own at the discounted rate? How does this work with DEGIRO does anyone know?

You are entitled to 3 new shares for every 2 you own

I believe we will see the rights appearing at some point on our accounts. Dont know how it works with exercising them

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

How does the selling of these 'rights' work ?

Say you have 100 shares in rights.

The rights price is 0.92 and if you sell your right at 0.80 you get 0.80 * 100 = 80 euro ?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

They should send you an email asking how many shares you want to purchase, then those shares will appear on a separate line for about a month then merge with your current shares once the raising of capital is over so to speak. I think

doctorg wrote: »
    How does the selling of these 'rights' work ?

Say you have 100 shares in rights.

The rights price is 0.92 and if you sell your right at 0.80 you get 0.80 * 100 = 80 euro ?

Yes they r traded as normal for a limited amount of time

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

So if IAG rights are going to be sold @ .92 and it's currently trading at 1.46~ so we expect it to fall more or would now be a good in and long hold?

Also anyone heard any news on Edesa Biotech curious to know how the trials are going.

DutchYurt wrote: »
    Also anyone heard any news on Edesa Biotech curious to know how the trials are going.

Waiting. Waiting. Interminably waiting.

Answer your question? :D

DKNG up 43% since I entered it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Biffoland

Can anyone suggest a € denominated REIT in a stable market. I was looking at IRES, but the Irish market has been dysfunctional for decades now.

I was looking at Home Invest Belgium which seems to have a good dividend and good growth. Does anyone have any knowledge of how stable Belgian property has been or the outlook for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Waiting. Waiting. Interminably waiting.

Answer your question? :D

Apparently they’re presenting at some conference tomorrow.

Advertisement