Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

AmberGold wrote: »
    Apparently they’re presenting at some conference tomorrow.

Aye, 12:30 ET. Expectation of release of PR in advance like $VXRT did.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Next investment for me is Pensana Rare Earths plc LSE: PRE.L

Lost out on a 25% gain waiting on Degiro to add it to the platform

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Thoughts on Apple? Their September event is today, from here, if they're going to release over ear headphones, 'Apple One' service bundle could be good for them.

No iPhone 12, that could be announced in October.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

Apple Glass ?? maybe. If so then it will be another game changer for society

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/apple-glasses

ChuckieEgg wrote: »
    Apple Glass ?? maybe. If so then it will be another game changer for society

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/apple-glasses

If we all go around wearing glasses the Nerds really will have won :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

Pity they weren't around when I was in School, maybe I wouldn't have got called 4 eyes or jam jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

ChuckieEgg wrote: »
    Pity they weren't around when I was in School, maybe I wouldn't have got called 4 eyes or jam jars.

Aye I'd say the slagging would be worse wearing those!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thoughts on Apple? Their September event is today, from here, if they're going to release over ear headphones, 'Apple One' service bundle could be good for them.

No iPhone 12, that could be announced in October.

Apple and Peloton both have conference calls today, at the same time. Apple's logo for their call almost looks like a Peloton logo (squint your eyes!). Could be tin hat, could be big

https://twitter.com/ocshree/status/1303450723955343360?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭squirestarter

heffo500 wrote: »
    Next investment for me is Pensana Rare Earths plc LSE: PRE.L

Lost out on a 25% gain waiting on Degiro to add it to the platform

I'm looking at this also. New enough to Degiro myself but wondering: there are 2 choices for this stock on Degiro, both on Borse Frankfurt but 2 different ISIN numbers and 2 different symbols (48W and 48W1). The stocks are 2 different prices (€0.55 and €0.59 respectively) also.

Do you know what the difference is between the 2 choices? Why wouldn't I go for the lower stock price in this case?

Augeo wrote: »
    I expect 4d to be multiples of today's price over the next 18 months and quite likely sooner .......... the market cap is insanely small for their pipeline.

https://www.sharebuyers.co.uk/shares/4dpharma-shares-going-for-growth-trailblazer-ready-to-realise-true-value/

On the up again ......... "“We feel 4D, an AIM-listed company, is currently significantly undervalued in the UK compared to our peers in the US who are behind our first-moving and leading position.”

Duncan Peyton, CEO of 4D pharma"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

doctorg wrote: »
    How does the selling of these 'rights' work ?

Say you have 100 shares in rights.

The rights price is 0.92 and if you sell your right at 0.80 you get 0.80 * 100 = 80 euro ?

I see a second line for IAG on degiro with the same number of shares as I currently own priced at €0.75.
    Does anyone know how it works with exercising these rights?
    I assume I can sell them at the current price but how can I purchase them at the discounted rate?
    Do I just put in purchase 100 shares at that €.75 if I have 100 rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭doctorg

I see a second line for IAG on degiro with the same number of shares as I currently own priced at €0.75.
    Does anyone know how it works with exercising these rights?
    I assume I can sell them at the current price but how can I purchase them at the discounted rate?
    Do I just put in purchase 100 shares at that €.75 if I have 100 rights?

In the same boat, its unclear how to exercise the rights to me in Degiro.

As a understand, the rights are being traded under IAGN. If I buy more rights at 0.75, is that the price I would have to pay for the stock or am I just buying the right at 0.75 and then need to fork an additional 17 cents to buy at 0.92.

Would appreciate some feedback from the more experienced community here :)

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The next 2 SPACs I'm in "blind" are IPOB and IPOC. No idea who the companies will end up being, but it's run by Chamath Palihapitiya, who is someone I always enjoy listening to and more importantly, is well connected. Basically I'm trusting that he will use my money wisely and find a good target company.

Chamath unveiled this morning that the IPOB will be merged to Opendoor, who are basically an online shop for houses, digital real estate. Stock up 20% so far today. Goof 6 minute video from him explaining the company here
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/15/palihapitiya-finds-next-10x-idea-with-4point8-billion-spac-deal-for-real-estate-start-up-opendoor.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

doctorg wrote: »
    In the same boat, its unclear how to exercise the rights to me in Degiro.

As a understand, the rights are being traded under IAGN. If I buy more rights at 0.75, is that the price I would have to pay for the stock or am I just buying the right at 0.75 and then need to fork an additional 17 cents to buy at 0.92.

Would appreciate some feedback from the more experienced community here :)

Ermm. When I look at it it shows my position as number of shares and their value. But number is equal to number of original holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

bp_me wrote: »
    Ermm. When I look at it it shows my position as number of shares and their value. But number is equal to number of original holding.

Look under latest transactions.
    You will have a line Buy (RIGHTS ISSUE) with the current quantity, all figures are 0.00
    - I believe if you have 100 shares, you will be able to buy a max of 150 at the reduced rate of 92.3617 as the split was 3:2

Not clear on how to buy new shares on degiro yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I'm looking at this also. New enough to Degiro myself but wondering: there are 2 choices for this stock on Degiro, both on Borse Frankfurt but 2 different ISIN numbers and 2 different symbols (48W and 48W1). The stocks are 2 different prices (€0.55 and €0.59 respectively) also.

Do you know what the difference is between the 2 choices? Why wouldn't I go for the lower stock price in this case?

I see the LSE line on my degiro account.

Have you checked for the LSE line and completed all the product questionnaires?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jams100

Anyone know why GAN dropped 10% today? :(
    I can find nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭squirestarter

heffo500 wrote: »
    I see the LSE line on my degiro account.

Have you checked for the LSE line and completed all the product questionnaires?

Yes I can see the LSE line alright. It is listed as 'Pensana Rare' for LSE but 'Pensana Rare Earths' for Borse Frankfurt exchange. I was just wondering why there were 2 different prices on the Frankfurt exchange (and two diff ISIN numbers) but it seems to be to do with the fact that the company operate in the UK and Australia. I understand it to mean now that different types of shares are being traded for the company based on its two operating locations (mind you, i've a lot to learn but that's my understanding thus far after some reading today)

Presume you mean the questionnaires for complex shares etc? I completed the ones that were recommended on this thread anyhow so it wasn't that I didn't have the option to choose the stock.

Cheers for the response though

Look under latest transactions.
    You will have a line Buy (RIGHTS ISSUE) with the current quantity, all figures are 0.00
    - I believe if you have 100 shares, you will be able to buy a max of 150 at the reduced rate of 92.3617 as the split was 3:2

Not clear on how to buy new shares on degiro yet..

But they are only 'Rights' to buy. You can buy or sell your rights before the cut of date. If you don't do anything, as I understand, you just forfeit that right.

And since the stock is getting diluted, you price of the share would reduce following the dilution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Soo tomorrow is Snowflake IPO. We'll have to buy on the open market. Anybody have any price limits etc. in mind?

• Advertisement

bcklschaps wrote: »
    Soo tomorrow is Snowflake IPO. We'll have to buy on the open market. Anybody have any price limits etc. in mind?

Wouldn't it be best to buy on market rate on open?

I've never really looked at buying at IPO, too volatile for the first month. Am I right in thinking, the 28m shares have been sold already to banks, Buffet etc, for $120, so anything an Average Joe wants to buy today is off them? What shares would people be able to buy today? If it's just buying from Buffet and Co, they're hardly gonna sell until the price has rocketed will they? In which case it'll be far about the $120 issue price.

If I had a $120 snowflake share, I'd let the hype run for a few hours at least, and see where it lands, there'd be nothing for sale at opening bell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Sold everything last Friday week. It's my bitcoin experience 2.0
    Weak hands

Sold everything last Friday week. It's my bitcoin experience 2.0
    Weak hands
    There's 100's of quotes about patience, waiting out the falls, never sell etc, but until you experience it yourself, it's tough to learn.

Don't try to time the market, it's a guess at best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I've never really looked at buying at IPO, too volatile for the first month. Am I right in thinking, the 28m shares have been sold already to banks, Buffet etc, for $120, so anything an Average Joe wants to buy today is off them? What shares would people be able to buy today? If it's just buying from Buffet and Co, they're hardly gonna sell until the price has rocketed will they? In which case it'll be far about the $120 issue price.

If I had a $120 snowflake share, I'd let the hype run for a few hours at least, and see where it lands, there'd be nothing for sale at opening bell

From MarketWatch

"The company will sell 28 million shares to raise $3.36 billion, and Berkshire Hathaway Inc. BRK.A, -0.27% BRK.B, -0.45% and Salesforce.com Inc. CRM, +2.04% agreed to concurrently purchase $250 million in shares at the IPO price. Underwriters, led by Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, have access to an additional 4.2 million shares that could push the total raised to roughly $4.4 billion"

Seems Berkshire & Salesforce sale could be in addition to the 28m in the IPO. The underwriters also appear to have an option on another 4m shares.

Anything, I've read over the last week suggests $120 per share is massively over valued. Let's wait and see where they are by the end of the day.... Probably at $240 or something like that.

Good to see Snowflake available on Degiro anyway, they are slower to add some stocks

Good to see Snowflake available on Degiro anyway, they are slower to add some stocks

What time does the IPO open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

What is going on with snowflake, showing at $23.75 for me on Degiro even though I had heard it expected to be about $100

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Empty_Space

Im looking at buying some Tencent shares. Any opinions on this stock?
    Seems to be undervalued massively when compared to its US counterparts.

Its only available on Degiro using the Hong Kong stock exchange. Anyone ever manage to buy here. It doesnt appear to have live prices so is a bit confusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

robman60 wrote: »
    What is going on with snowflake, showing at $23.75 for me on Degiro even though I had heard it expected to be about $100

That price history is for a company called Intrawest resort holdings which was taken private in 2017. They have recycled the stock ticker presumably

Advertisement