Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Givin' bladdir cancir de red carrrd.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are Quote Devil a super rich company?

I have never heard a company with so many radio adverts.
    They seem to be on EVERY single ad break.

And they are on TV too.

And for reference, they have never given me a decent insurance quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭KildareP

NIMAN wrote: »

And they are on TV too.

Sure is it any wonder when they spend so much on advertising :D

NIMAN wrote: »

And they are on TV too.

They sound like the kind of outfit who insure the uninsurable for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Cartell advert with the much used trope of idiot guy, clever girl. So the car he bought was written off, clocked, outstanding finance and god knows what else, actually thinking about it he is an idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Why is there an American guy doing the Skoda ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Why is there an American guy doing the Skoda ad?

"Yawn like you've never yawned before".
    Someone was paid to write that...

On newstalk every 5 minutes you're reminded of "show me the science...with PROFESSOR LUKE O NEILL"

Yer one from Cork whose mammy fell and lay for ages on the floor, sounded convincingly "devastated".

And the way she says "uhh ahh it was devastating"

The furniture store Flanagan Kerins advert.

There's something to be said for a simple no fuss, no gags, no gingle advert. Direct, simple and straight to the point. I know what they're selling. I don't know who the guy is narrating the advert but I feel like he's someone I might meet in the shop who has spent a lifetime at this.

As opposed to:

"Petrol or electric?....petrol or electric?

Or

"Theee neeeeww Hyundaaai $hiteeeebox has got the competition taaalking. Some generic magazine sayssss it's an amaaaaazing $hiteeeebox"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    The furniture store Flanagan Kerins advert.

There's something to be said for a simple no fuss, no gags, no gingle advert. Direct, simple and straight to the point. I know what they're selling. I don't know who the guy is narrating the advert but I feel like he's someone I might meet in the shop who has spent a lifetime at this.

"

The Flanagan Kerins as actually prompted me to go there when I was in the area a couple of years ago. Some lovely stuff, and I did see a chap in the shop who I'm convinced did the ad.

It also had a great coffee shop, with excellent views, so I had lunch. Would definitely go back if I was in the market for furnishings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,595 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Is that Jonathan Healy doing the Curry’s ad?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Euro bike Euro baby.

Worst company name ever with a jingle they play as an enhanced interrogation technique in Guantanamo bay.

Is that Jonathan Healy doing the Curry’s ad?

Yes. I don't know why he's doing ads when there's actors who need the work. He was doing Carphone warehouse aswell. I'm pretty sure I heard Kieran Cuddihy doing one aswell in an ad break for his show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Yes. I don't know why he's doing ads when there's actors who need the work. He was doing Carphone warehouse aswell. I'm pretty sure I heard Kieran Cuddihy doing one aswell in an ad break for his show.

Isn't the woeful "Quote Devil" Ad him as well?

Eurocycles advert, is yer man taking the pi$$ with his 'no annoying jingles this time' yet theres an annoying jingle playing?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

PH Ross and their BATrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

"Want to know more? Of course you do! You're a sensible person!"

Nothing would make me turn and run faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Crinnui na nOg - no more words needed

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eurocycles advert, is yer man taking the pi$$ with his 'no annoying jingles this time' yet theres an annoying jingle playing?!!

Presumably just meant they aren't using their surreal sung jingle of old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

I heard a 'normal' sounding young lad doing a decent ad today, but I really can't hack the precocious Billie Barry school type kids...I reckon it's Tubridy's favourite ad right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭RINO87

I remember this one from last year too... It's not just the voices that bug me, but the listener has absolutely no idea what this ad is for!

Take it and shake it because it it what you make it......

?????

Aglomerado wrote: »

"(Your bathroom's) look and functionality could dictate your day..."

Maybe it does if you plan to spend all day on the throne.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Probably just on Dublin radio stations but the awful ads that are on every bloody ad break, for Vinny Byrnes. No idea if that is the correct spelling, all I know is I will never buy anything there thanks to their irritating ads.

And I have ranted aplenty previously about ads where a 'd' is put into a word, such as Trin-a-dee (Trinity) for which there is a very long ad running at the moment. Or should that be 'ad the momend' :rolleyes:
    I sometimes have to switch off the radio to ease the pain.

Probably just on Dublin radio stations but the awful ads that are on every bloody ad break, for Vinny Byrnes. No idea if that is the correct spelling, all I know is I will never buy anything there thanks to their irritating ads.

Haven't heard it on Radio 1 or Today FM, must be a Dublin thing. I do buy from them regularly enough, not sure about the advert but I can tell you they're delivery times are awful even with 'express' delivery!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Haven't heard it on Radio 1 or Today FM, must be a Dublin thing. I do buy from them regularly enough, not sure about the advert but I can tell you they're delivery times are awful even with 'express' delivery!

The ads are a couple discussing various jobs around the house, and the answer to everything is that shop. It sounds like amateur dramatics, extremely amateur dramatics gone wrong, and not at all convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"(Your bathroom's) look and functionality could dictate your day..."

Maybe it does if you plan to spend all day on the throne.

True, dat.
    A good dump sets you up for the day.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Jamie Heaslip Leaseplan ad that's on Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

BPKS wrote: »
    Jamie Heaslip Leaseplan ad that's on Newstalk.

I used to follow him on social media but around the time he retired his output turned to into pure advertising. Seems to be the done thing with retiring or recently retired rugby players, I guess they need the income but you get enough ads on social media as it is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Aglomerado wrote: »

I have never wanted to go to a place and smash their batrooms with a very large sledgehammer. If he gets in the way......collateral damage.:mad:

Mind you, the shock if I went in and it was a room full of bats...........

Advertisement